Redfall Previews are dropping

D

Deleted member 417

I am expecting middling reviews all round, with a few astroturfed 9's and 10's in there.

D

Deleted member 417

Just like most of us were saying in the Redfall thread; this game does not work as a single-player game. It is empty, pointless and lacks a challenge.

I've no doubt it will be top gamepass filler for a week. A game to play with your friends for a few hours on a night. After that? this game is dead and forgotten.

Reactions: Sircaw

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
All of the vampires looks like this when chasing you...

giphy.gif

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I've never liked an arkane game before, looks like it isn't changing.
I will say they are a pretty amazing studio, dishonored, Prey, arx fatilias all the way back in the day.

I do wonder is this something they wanted to make or was it a Microsoft kinda deal project.

Personally the sooner they move away from this type of title to back to what they are good at the better.

D

Deleted member 417

I do wonder is this something they wanted to make or was it a Microsoft kinda deal project.
Going by previous examples of Microsoft demands, I would say that this always-online multiplayer game pretending to be a single-player game, that isn't worth paying for but would be fun to kill a few hours with friends, is exactly the kind of game Microsoft thinks is good.

From the trailers i've seen, it has the classic 'lifeless' enemy animation and super-simple enemy ai that creates no challenge whatsoever - so that everyone can play, regardless of skill level and a 'crackdown 3' feeling or repetitiveness.

Modern-day Xbox games in a nutshell tbh and it's a shame.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Just like most of us were saying in the Redfall thread; this game does not work as a single-player game. It is empty, pointless and lacks a challenge.

I've no doubt it will be top gamepass filler for a week. A game to play with your friends for a few hours on a night. After that? this game is dead and forgotten.
5million players will be touched by it 🥳.

• haha

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I will say they are a pretty amazing studio, dishonored, Prey, arx fatilias all the way back in the day.

Personally the sooner they move away from this type of title to back to what they are good at the better.
dishonored, Prey, arx fatalis
Thanks to Raphael Colantonio. After he left, I enjoyed their games less.

• they're_right_you_know