Redfall ships as a voucher code in game box, no discs will be printed (always online, MP-Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Do we not still talk about how important Pong was, or Pacman? Do we not relive the golden years of gaming and beg for remasters of our old games? Is BC not a big selling point for modern consoles?

Half Life 1 released in 1998. Should we still not play that game today?
Why not destroy all online streams of The Simpsons, so the episodes that launched in 1990 can no longer be viewed, nothing lasts forever. Or how about Wizard of Oz? A wonderful life? Black and white films? Films from the Silent Era?

You talk like you believe you're the authority on gaming, yet your lack of understanding, care and love for the industry scream from every post you make. You are a 9-5 gamer, someone who does it because it's their job, not because they love, or even understand the industry.

You come across like an empty, joyless, jealous gamer who hates others having fun because it's not the fun you want. Imagine wanting to restrict people's options on playing games, flippantly dismiss their wishes and then have the audacity to act like you know the industry.
You can still play Half Life 1 to this day via steam. And yes, if you want to relive the past go ahead. Half Life is actually one of my favorite titles ever made and so is HL2. Me and Half Life have a special relationship. Anytime a new game comes out in the franchise I always play them in chronological order back to back. I have yet to play Alyx, simply because VR is a tad expensive for me right now. But once I get Alyx, I'll replay all the games again.

My point is that people act like they have to play old games forever. Even at this point, I have played Half Life so my times that it wouldn't matter anymore if I played it again.

People want remakes or remaster because they want to relive older experiences in shiny new ways and there is nothing wrong with that. I platinumed Demon's Souls on PS3. But I had zero desire to ever play it again unless it was remade for the modern hardware. So it happened, it came out on PS5 and I loved playing it again.

Also, just recently I purchased Klonoa Riverie on PS5. Why? I never played the franchise before and wanted to try it as someone who loves platforming games from the olden days. This is why remasters/remakes exist. To let people try games out they never have in the past or for the fans to re-experience it again.

Single player games are different, they're single player. Most titles that shut off are multiplayer only. At some point in time, the servers will go down as the player base gets smaller or the generation of those gamers die from an old age over a period of time, or the game just isn't what it used to be. Just like Life dude, nothing lasts forever. Cherish your experiences with your friends and try to make the best of it. I am not sure why this is a hard concept to grasp.

I've spent over 1000 hours in Sea of Thieves, had some of the best gaming moments with my buddies and random people. But I know that 1 day, that game will shut down so I try to savor it and enjoy while I can. I haven't touched the game in over a year though. Not enough time anymore and I had my fill.

I never said I am an authority on gaming. I simply speak from my experiences that is all. If no one wants to listen that's their choice or if they don't like what I have to say that's their choice as well. Also, it's very difficult to come of in a perfect tone in a text based internet forum. You don't really hear the emotion or the voice. Sometimes people think someone is speaking at number 8 of anger out of 10, when in reality that's just the way someone speaks and vice versa.

And I do not work 9 to 5. I am not hired by anyone. I am the one who runs a company and on occasion when I have the time I do my own reviews and help my video editors edit videos when they are swamped. I am the boss and the manager. I also help out my Social Media Manager to make her job easier.

I will never ever work in my life for someone else at a big company or any kind of permanent job like that. I had enough of that before.

The only other type of work I do on the side is freelancing Social Media Marketing. I worked for another digital marketing company that hired me as a freelancing contractor and their client was making an NFT Web3 game. I hate NFTs with a burning passion and the only reason I worked for them was because they were willing to pay me the price that I was charging per hour for my services and I was making very good money for a good few months. I was hired to give business consultations, attend meetings and give them marketing ideas. I also ran paid ads for them on Instagram and Twitter and managing 80K monthly marketing budget.

I've also helped people start up Instagram accounts and get them going and same with YouTube. You'd be surprised how many people need help with that. They own a business and just wanna get the ground running. But they have 0 knowledge of how the digital space works so they need guidance.

I am not sure exactly how I come across as a jealous soulless gamer lol. I have nothing to be jealous of. I do love the industry, if you think I do not, that's on you and not me. Judt because my views and opinions on the industry don't align with your or someone elses beliefs doesn't mean i hate lr dislike the industry lol.

You have no clue what's going on behind the scenes in my life or anyone else's life. So sorry I do not meet your standards, I am not here to please your beliefs of the industry fantasy.

I am not here to please a bunch of random people on the interwebs. You don't like what I have to say? Oh well sorry. I work with all the major publishers you can think including Sony and MS, Capcom, Ubisoft, EA and whoever else comes to mind. I get free game codes, write and do video content, market my company and enjoying my life. Yes, I am indeed very jealous.

Right now I am playing Wild Hearts, EA hooked us up with both codes PS5/Xbox and I was having a blast till 3 AM in the morning last night with a couple of buddies who bought the game. I am playing the game for free and making money from it and I saved over $140. Yes, I am extremely jealous and angry. Have pity for me please, I beg of you.

I love it how people on social media think they know what's truly going on behind someone's life and how everyone just makes assumptions about everyone. It's kind of amusing and weird at same time. I have no clue what's going on in your life and nor do I give any shit either. And I will not going to be stooping and lowering myself down to your level and try to make you feel like shit. I have never played a video game with you or interacted with you in Discord. So me making assumptions about you would be disengneous. Obviously, you already assumed whatever you wanted about me, but that is your choice.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You can still play Half Life 1 to this day via steam. And yes, if you want to relive the past go ahead. Half Life is actually one of my favorite titles ever made and so is HL2. Me and Half Life have a special relationship. Anytime a new game comes out in the franchise I always play them in chronological order back to back. I have yet to play Alyx, simply because VR is a tad expensive for me right now. But once I get Alyx, I'll replay all the games again.

My point is that people act like they have to play old games forever. Even at this point, I have played Half Life so my times that it wouldn't matter anymore if I played it again.

People want remakes or remaster because they want to relive older experiences in shiny ne ways and there is nothing wrong with that. I platinumed Demon's Souls on PS3. But I had zero desire to ever play it again unless it was remade for the modern hardware. So it happened, it cake out on PS5 and I loved playing it again.

Also, just recently I purchased Klonoa Riverie on PS5. Why? I never played the franchise before and wanted to try it as someone who loves platforming games from the olden days. This is why remasters/remakes exist. To let people try games out they never have in the past or for the fans to re-experience it again.

Single player games are different, they're single player. Most titles that shut off are multiplayer only. At some point in time, the servers will go down as the player base gets smaller or the generation of those gamers die from an old age over a period of time, or the game just isn't what it used to be. Just like Life dude, nothing lasts forever. Cherish your experiences with your friends and try to make the best of it. I am not sure why this is a hard concept to grasp.

I've spent over 1000 hours in Sea of Thieves, had some of the best gaming moments with my buddies and random people. But I know that 1 day, that game will shut down so I try to savor it and enjoy while I can. I haven't touched the game in over a year though. Not enough time anymore and I had my fill.

I never said I am an authority on gaming. I simply speak from my experiences that is all. If no one wants to listen that's their choice or if they don't like what I have to say that's their choice as well. Also, it's very difficult to come of in a perfect tone in a text based internet forum. You don't really hear the emotion or the voice. Sometimes people think someone is speaking at number 8 of anger out of 10, when in reality that's just the way someone speaks and vice versa.

And I do not work 9 to 5. I am not hired by anyone. I am the one who runs a company and on occasion when I have the time I do my own reviews and help my video editors edit videos when they are swamped. I am the boss and the manager. I also help out my Social Media Manager to make her job easier.

I will never ever work in my life for someone else at a big company or any kind of permanent job like that. I had enough of that before.

The only other type of work I do on the side is freelancing Social Media Marketing. I worked for another digital marketing company that hired me as a freelancing contractor and their client was making an NFT Web3 game. I hate NFTs with a burning passion and the only reason I worked for them was because they were willing to pay me the price that I was charging per hour for my services and I was making very good money for a good few months. I was hired to give business consultations, attend meetings and give them marketing ideas. I also ran paid ads for them on Instagram and Twitter and managing 80K monthly marketing budget.

I've also helped people start up Instagram accounts and get them going and same with YouTube. You'd be surprised how many people need help with that. They own a business and just wanna get the ground running. But they have 0 knowledge of how the digital space works so they need guidance.

I am not sure exactly how I come across as a jealous soulless gamer lol. I have nothing to be jealous of. I do love the industry, if you think I do not, that's on you and not me. Judt because my views and opinions on the industry don't align with your or someone elses beliefs doesn't mean i hate lr dislike the industry lol.

You have no clue what's going on behind the scenes in my life or anyone else's life. So sorry I do not meet your standards, I am not here to please your beliefs of the industry fantasy.

I am not here to please a bunch of random people on the interwebs. You don't like what I have to say? Oh well sorry. I work with all the major publishers you can think including Sony and MS, Capcom, Ubisoft, EA and whoever else comes to mind. I get free game codes, write and do video content, market my company and enjoying my life. Yes, I am indeed very jealous.

Right now I am playing Wild Hearts, EA hooked us up with both codes PS5/Xbox and I was having a blast till 3 AM in the morning last night with a couple of buddies who bought the game. I am playing the game for free and making money from it and I saved over $140. Yes, I am extremely jealous and angry. Have pity for me please, I beg of you.

I love it how people on social media think they know what's truly going on behind someone's life and how everyone just makes assumptions about everyone. It's kind of amusing and weird at same time. I have no clue what's going on in your life and nor do I give any shit either. And I will not going to be stooping and lowering myself down to your level and try to make you feel like shit. I have never played a video game with you or interacted with you in Discord. So me making assumptions about you would be disengneous. Obviously, you already assumed whatever you wanted about me, but that is your choice.
Could you be any more pompous? Like, is it even scientifically possible?

As for never claiming you’re an authority on games, you’re full of shit on that one. Most of your posts have some form of appeal to authority because of your writing for some nothing website supposedly making you an “Industry Veteran”.

A little humility might make you less repellent.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

People want remakes or remaster because they want to relive older experiences in shiny new ways and there is nothing wrong with that. I platinumed Demon's Souls on PS3. But I had zero desire to ever play it again unless it was remade for the modern hardware. So it happened, it came out on PS5 and I loved playing it again.

@Bryank75 didn't knew we should provide our CV to join the forum.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
CV? I had to provide a stool sample!

and you guys thought Gaf had a rigorous application process back in the day.... We're taking it to another level.

jack nicholson joker GIF by Maudit

D

Deleted member 417

I I I. You don't want to play it again, but what if I did? What if someone wants to show COD MW to their kids? Like when a father shows his son their vinyls?

Your point was that there would be no Demon's soul remastered, you played it, move on. Now you're saying you're glad they remastered it and kept it alive?

Gaming isn't life. It's a hobby. No multiplayer should be shut down, let alone single-player. If companies don't want to host the servers then let the hosting happen on the consoles. It happened with the 360 and can happen again but doesn't, because people make excuses for corporations. And, to point out your own double-standards, you just yesterday said that "people shouldn't care about corporations because they don't give a shit about you", you said that in reference to me. Here you are making excuses for companies

You. Your had your fill after 1000 hours. But what about the people who pick up an Xbox 5 and want to have their 1000 hours on Sea of Thieves? Would you deny them that same enjoyment you had?

That's fair.

Your views align with the soulless corporations of the industry and not that with people who want to keep the artform alive. The divergence of art and money happened around the turn of the millennium and has got worse since. Almost no-one sees or even discusses gaming as an artform. It's all about company reports, sales and working hours/crunch. Yet no-one batted an eye-lid when Cerny, Gates, Jobs or Sweeney were living in their office.

I take it that tone is lost on a text based internet? Fulfilment and joy don't come from saving money and playing games. Live your life how you want, it's no business of mine. Just don't confuse fleeting, dopamine hits with true happiness.

I mean this in the sincere way possible. I don't care about you, twitter, some polish coder working for CDPR, Jim Ryan etc etc etc. I care about the industry and will do what little I can to preserve and protect it. I will call out those who make it worse, damage it or try and ruin what little magic there is left.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Most of us are gonna play it on game pass anyway. 💚

Remember the OP folks, let's all recall this when the inevitable "Redfall was stolen from PS5" thread is made in May 🤡

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I mean this in the sincere way possible. I don't care about you, twitter, some polish coder working for CDPR, Jim Ryan etc etc etc. I care about the industry and will do what little I can to preserve and protect it. I will call out those who make it worse, damage it or try and ruin what little magic there is left.
If that’s true, the admiration and affection you’ve expressed for Microsoft is something you really need to re-examine.

They’ve done more harm to video games than any other single entity in the history of the medium.

D

Deleted member 417

If that’s true, the admiration and affection you’ve expressed for Microsoft is something you really need to re-examine.

They’ve done more harm to video games than any other single entity in the history of the medium.
My affection for Microsoft ended in 2010 when they launched the Kinect. They went from continuining what made Sega (My favourite console company) great, to floundering around chasing fads (wii) to completely cocking everything up.

Back in 2010 I said Kinect should aim for Light-gun nostalgia and god games, or cancel it. That the Xbone (durango leaks) would be a massive failure and kill Xbox's popularity. And the years have rolled on and I'm still sat here, a proud day 1 owner of the OG Xbox, wondering when MS will come back to the crowd that made them popular.

Because their direction for the last 10-15 years needs to change now, with a new face before e3 or it's lights-out for Xbox

Reactions: toadsage44

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Do we not still talk about how important Pong was, or Pacman? Do we not relive the golden years of gaming and beg for remasters of our old games? Is BC not a big selling point for modern consoles?

Half Life 1 released in 1998. Should we still not play that game today?
Why not destroy all online streams of The Simpsons, so the episodes that launched in 1990 can no longer be viewed, nothing lasts forever. Or how about Wizard of Oz? A wonderful life? Black and white films? Films from the Silent Era?

You talk like you believe you're the authority on gaming, yet your lack of understanding, care and love for the industry scream from every post you make. You are a 9-5 gamer, someone who does it because it's their job, not because they love, or even understand the industry.

You come across like an empty, joyless, jealous gamer who hates others having fun because it's not the fun you want. Imagine wanting to restrict people's options on playing games, flippantly dismiss their wishes and then have the audacity to act like you know the industry.
freddie highmore GIF by A&E

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
My affection for Microsoft ended in 2010 when they launched the Kinect. They went from continuining what made Sega (My favourite console company) great, to floundering around chasing fads (wii) to completely cocking everything up.

Back in 2010 I said Kinect should aim for Light-gun nostalgia and god games, or cancel it. That the Xbone (durango leaks) would be a massive failure and kill Xbox's popularity. And the years have rolled on and I'm still sat here, a proud day 1 owner of the OG Xbox, wondering when MS will come back to the crowd that made them popular.

Because their direction for the last 10-15 years needs to change now, with a new face before e3 or it's lights-out for Xbox
You never should have admired them. They were never about improving gaming, they came in to destroy the industry, and they came close to succeeding.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This is a no nothing burger lol. Physical media is going away. Are people forgetting that Steam is absolutely massive and people buy games on there all the time? No disks, only codes tied to an account. People don't seem to have an issue with that and its the biggest digital platform in existence. Typical fanboyism QQ thread as always lol.

If you really want to own a game on Xbox, you can do so. You go to Microsoft store and pay a full price just like you would on Steam or any other digital platform like PSN. Bad faith post, get the fuck out of here with this bullshit nonsense about company X or Y not allowing you to own games.
"You pay full price on steam" lol fuck no, you wait a year and buy it for five dollars. Just like buying used, which this is trying to do away with.

D

Deleted member 417

You never should have admired them. They were never about improving gaming, they came in to destroy the industry, and they came close to succeeding.
Maybe. But watching J allard in a hoody playing the xbox on stage. It was genuine. He loved the industry and that console. There was a time, a brief period when Corporate Microsoft turned a blind-eye and some magnificent bastards made a big black slab of magic.

Advent Rising is, to this day, the most advanced, ambitious and forward thinking game I have ever played. 20 years later and it still can't be replicate in design, scope or story.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Maybe. But watching J allard in a hoody playing the xbox on stage. It was genuine. He loved the industry and that console. There was a time, a brief period when Corporate Microsoft turned a blind-eye and some magnificent bastards made a big black slab of magic.

Advent Rising is, to this day, the most advanced, ambitious and forward thinking game I have ever played. 20 years later and it still can't be replicate in design, scope or story.
360 days were the best times of Xbox. There is no question there.

• Shake
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Also, just throwing this out there, PC companies pulled the same shit 20 years ago forcing people on to Steam with games like Civ V being little more than Steam validation codes. It was hated back then and I still hate that it happened now. No intelligent person wants an all-digital future and people should make their feelings clear on that.

D

Deleted member 417

360 days were the best times of Xbox. There is no question there.
Early years were great but my favourite is and always will be the OG Xbox. Two giant controllers, two players, split-screen Halo campaign, the intro aria, the intelligent AI, the tactics, set pieces and battles...What a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.