Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
maxresdefault.jpg

Release: 24th March
Platforms: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Series S / X and Windows
Prices: Generally approx. 60 Dollars and 70 Euro but retail may vary.

Metacritic: 93

43823292ae15e76e58734e95b34364fd.png

Opencritic 92

1679759312299.png

Launch Trailer

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
A guy made a rant and took note of all the parts Ashley panties were shown on OG that was (gladly) cut from the remake.
U8DFhUH.jpg
Imagine being this angry over no panties shot?

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Just got it, done installing. Not sure I'll have time later today to start it. Will be a weekend romp for sure.

Will see what all the harder difficulty talk is all about soon enough. I do not like the trend of puffed up difficulty in certain games since the Soul series started to go mainstream. There is bound to be some idiot dev that's going to eventually make a game that only a few can actually finish and have the fad blow up in their faces. There is always one.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A guy made a rant and took note of all the parts Ashley panties were shown on OG that was (gladly) cut from the remake.
U8DFhUH.jpg
I personally think it's good to remove all the panty shots (Smut), i mean seriously, why do we need that kinda shit in games like this.

However, in the section where the guy talks about her breasts, ballistics, or whatever it was, i think that should remain as her response was a good way of dealing with it.

We need to stop trying to sanitize every single piece of dialogue, literature or movie scene in case the most horrific of crimes happen as in it offends someone.

We have seen it recently with a host of books, getting parts of its original text edited or removed, it needs to stop.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So.... knives breaking, is this new? I don't remember this being in the original or the bolt gun!

I get that it adds a degree of strategy to encounters but it's also kinda annoying like weapon durability in BOTW.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I personally think it's good to remove all the panty shots (Smut), i mean seriously, why do we need that kinda shit in games like this.

However, in the section where the guy talks about her breasts, ballistics, or whatever it was, i think that should remain as her response was a good way of dealing with it.

We need to stop trying to sanitize every single piece of dialogue, literature or movie scene in case the most horrific of crimes happen as in it offends someone.

We have seen it recently with a host of books, getting parts of its original text edited or removed, it needs to stop.
I agree with you there. The ballistics line was a fun one and the reply was better. The other shots are all unnecessary.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
So.... knives breaking, is this new? I don't remember this being in the original or the bolt gun!

I get that it adds a degree of strategy to encounters but it's also kinda annoying like weapon durability in BOTW.
Knives breaking is new, yes. And it made the game much, much harder. I used to kill the ganados with the knife after they fell lol

• they're_right_you_know

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I love this game.
I'm a fair way through the castle now, the knife is essential. The bolt thrower helped me save a lot of ammo.
Playing on hardcore - I've had some real close calls where I barely had any ammo at all to deal with the mobs.

Reactions: laynelane

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
U8DFhUH.jpg

I can send him a photo of a pair of my used jocks with holes in him if he needs it. He should accept it as it is the artist's intention 😂😂😂

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I love this game.
I'm a fair way through the castle now, the knife is essential. The bolt thrower helped me save a lot of ammo.
Playing on hardcore - I've had some real close calls where I barely had any ammo at all to deal with the mobs.
hardcore cat so no nine lives, i like it.

Coffin Dancing GIF

Last edited:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: Lord Mittens

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Mobs are the difficulty buff... a little balancing on the number of spawns would go a long way. 15-20% less spawns per encounter per difficulty option would do the trick nicely.

Aiming is great on PS5 (prefer framerate, no chromatic aberration, yes to RT). Typical RE recoil + enemy reaction makes you shoot more than you should.

Only thing I see as a problem so far is that the Platinum will take me about 5 walkthroughs.... I max at 4 on a Plat I want badly. Reason why I never platted Ninja Gaiden for example (7 or so playthroughs needed - fuck that). We'll see.

Enjoyed and became more immersed in RE8 that I'll say.

• brain

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

People complain about Ada Wong va but i dont see it that bad tbh but thats just me

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
I'm loving it so far and playing it on pc. Just to know how it would be to play on a PS5 if I decided to buy one I'm playing with a controller instead of mouse and keyboard... Damn, I don't know how you guys do it, but aiming can be infuriating sometimes.