Resident Evil 4 Remake | Xbox Series S/X - PS5 - PC | Graphics Comparison | Chainsaw Demo

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Iirc analista de bits got some criticism for them not counting either pixels or fps correctly by DF, but idk if they've fixed the issue since then

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Iirc analista de bits got some criticism for them not counting either pixels or fps correctly by DF, but idk if they've fixed the issue since then
It was the FPS measurements. Easy to have false data come through if you aren't clear with how the software works. I think they've mostly corrected it though and the data is more reliable now.

Elanalista is a good channel for comparisons. They cover almost everything as it comes out, and take a look at many different aspects of a games visuals.. they also compare loading times, and even do Steam Deck comparisons from time to time as well.

They seem very impartial and just present everything as it is.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Xbox Series S: - Resolution Mode: 1440p/~40fps - Performance Mode: 1080p/60fps
Xbox Series X: - Resolution Mode: 2160p/~60fps - Performance Mode: Dynamic 2160p/60fps
PS5: - Resolution Mode: 2160p/~60fps - Performance Mode: Dynamic 2160p/60fps
PC: 2160p Max. Settings | RTX 4080 | i9 12900K | 32gb DDR5
Dealer +colt are going to be pissed, (Again)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Another observations from me regarding performance and image quality:
-fsr 2 is shit. It introduces flickering and fps gain is not great.
-FSR 1 is much better. no shimmering and ultra quality setting gives the same fps boost as interlacing, while it looks softer and interlacing sharper. both better than fsr 2.0 fps from 50 to 67 first scene as demo is loaded.
-All I have to do after all is lower textures to high 2gb to avoid crashing. All else maxed + rt high, 4k.
-BIG NOTE about camera and aiming acceleration. The setting is REVERSED. Lowering it to 0 maximizes acceleration and camera takes a long time to speeeed up. Big advantage and responsivenes when maxing slider to the right. so much better with controller now.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
One more note. Dualsense haptics and triggers don’t work on pc? I get just standard vibrations. It uses it fantastically on ps5

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wasn't this a banned source? 🤔
You posted on IconEra not GAF :D
Maybe that is the confusion... we have no ban source here yet... so you can freely talk about it including saying it is a bad or biased comparision if you wish.

Myselft find their analisis about weak but the recorded video/pictures seems to be fine.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So the demo asks you to pick between Resolution and Performance, doesn't offer any explanation on what they aim to do.

Both target 60fps
There's hidden graphical options in the menu for hair and RT.

That's dumb

Devs should just stick to 30fps and 60fps modes (and VRR option if 120hz TV) and figure out the best graphical options for their game. Stop fucking around with added toggles in the menu for console games, we would get a PC if we wanted to spend time in a menu instead of actually playing the game.
It is a lost battle imo.
That is not how consoles should work but devs are following that path.

IMO that harms more consoles users than helps because it is confuse... normal consoles gamers should not need to knows what to choose... they need just to play the game without receive any option at all.

These days my newpew come ask me what he should choose because the game insted to make him play directly put the option Resolution or Graphics... he can't read yet (even more being English) so thought he was doing something wrong and let the console there and didn't play anything... after I reached home he come ask me lol

I will probably face the same weird issues with my son... and he should be suppose to play without my help when he got back from school and I'm not home... I even created a profile for him that is the default (it enters directy in that profile in the home page showing the game icon after boot... he just choose the game icon he wants... and I teach him how to back to the home page to change to another game).

Edit - Fixed... the console turnned off alone after the energy save time... he just left it in that screen with the question lol
I told him to choose any because each game is different and he can't read what is written in English so it is useless to say choose the right one or try to make him remember the text lol

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It is a lost battle imo.
That is not how consoles should work but devs are following that patch.

IMO that harms more consoles users than helps because it is confuse... normal consoles gamers should not need to knows what to choose... they need just to play the game without receive any option at all.

These days my newpew come ask me what he should choose because the game insted to make him play directly put the option Resolution or Graphics... he can't read so thought he was doing something wrong and turned the console off... after he come ask me lol
agreed 1000%

P

peter42O

Haven't watched the video yet but no "comparison" or "youtuber" or whatever should be banned in my opinion. That's just stupid because it's just another source/option/info. Nothing more and nothing less.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Performance RT is the way to go. Just tested it and it’s the preferred way. You can use the hair stuff on a VRR screen if you want to. The resolution will drop but if you’re not sensitive to this, I’d say it’s fine.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Performance RT is the way to go. Just tested it and it’s the preferred way. You can use the hair stuff on a VRR screen if you want to. The resolution will drop but if you’re not sensitive to this, I’d say it’s fine.

I'm assuming the hair thing wouldn't impact much?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I'm assuming the hair thing wouldn't impact much?
It doesn’t, I didn’t notice that much of a resolution drop or fps but I actually like the look of the hair off better, so it’s staying that way. Cool feature though and I hope it gets better. Devs should make more and more future proof games on console. This will run perfectly with settings on the max on a ps6 or a ps5 pro.

Reactions: Lord Mittens

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's laughable.
It's just a couple of frames, the resolution with RT performs the worst on XSX I believe?
Also, he's going to be skipping a lot of games then in the future so better invest in a PS5
Just another day in fake drama console war twitter. This guy is one of those dudes who talks about how great xbox is all day on twitter but then they have like 6k gamer score.