RTX 4000 Series Ada Lovelace Officially Announced | Coming in October 13th for 1599$ | RTX 4080 coming for $1199

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

FdG7MNMWAAURlSh

FdG7jOPXEAIK4vp

FdG7ftgXEAIoXN6

3rd gen of RTX coming with DLSS 3.0

DLSS 3.0 is capable of generating additional frames, boosting game performance by up to 4 times.

FdG5GcZWYAg-3bb

FdG5dSTXEAEIVcP

FdG6JWbWYAgVmlx

Ada Lovelace graphics chip revealed

FdG4e2VXwAAAv0G

NVIDIA presents a tool called RTX Remix that allows to build RTX mods for games (pictured: Morrowind)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Interesting.

They changed the Stream Processors so look like a Maxwell upgrade.
And it is the first time I see nVidia talking about Real-time Patch-tracing (that is what RT should be but we don't have hardware to do).

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
£1,269 for the 16GB 4080. As if the $1,199 US price wasn't ridiculous enough, we're getting even further shafted in the UK.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Satoru

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Europe situation will be all like that with new releases while Euro (Libre in UK case) is weakening.
I mean shit, I'm stuck on 1000 series card and desperate to upgrade.

But that is almost three times as much as I've ever spent on a card.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
If you dont care about ray tracing you can get a 6800xt for like $600 or less.
Would rather wait till 3 November.

Thing is I've waited so long that I want something state-of-the-art now.

But the lack of a viable RTX (and DLSS) alternative puts me off AMD.

D

Deleted member 13

Nvidia is ridiculous. They are always going 2-4x performance with new algorithms and hardware that completely destroys their current iteration.

Console gamers need to pay attention to Nvidia's announcements as opposed to the producers of consoles for what will be next-gen hardware because they will always lag behind.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Nvidia is ridiculous. They are always going 2-4x performance with new algorithms and hardware that completely destroys their current iteration.

Console gamers need to pay attention to Nvidia's announcements as opposed to the producers of consoles for what will be next-gen hardware because they will always lag behind.
with that prices ? nah were good here and dont really care

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PropellerEar

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I can see some less hardcore gamers getting out of PC gaming over the next few years.

PC gaming was already expensive, now it's getting silly - GPUs, DDR5 RAM, motherboards....

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I can see some less hardcore gamers getting out of PC gaming over the next few years.

PC gaming was already expensive, now it's getting silly - GPUs, DDR5 RAM, motherboards....

It's sad, because I loved having everything back in PS2-PS3-PS4 gen. CPU's, GPU's, storage all were cheap. I could build a kick ass 1080P system for $800, now $800 gets you just a graphics card and not a top of the line card either.

I think we will see a shift and a crash soon in the next generation. APU's are the future and custom made boards with these APU's and chiplets on them will be more efficient. Just going to take time.

• brain
Reactions: Hezekiah
D

Deleted member 13

You mean you don't think like these guys?

Reactions: Deleted member 51
D

Deleted member 140

I'm wondering how big their target group is with these ludicrous prices. We have serious inflation, people struggling financially, and I have a hard time understanding the appeal for that kind of money!

• brain
Reactions: LED and Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm wondering how big their target group is with these ludicrous prices. We have serious inflation, people struggling financially, and I have a hard time understanding the appeal for that kind of money!

Great point... funny how Sony got lambasted for increasing in line with inflation but NVidia seem to be allowed ask for whatever they want and everyone in the media is so quiet.