RTX 4000 Series Ada Lovelace Officially Announced | Coming in October 13th for 1599$ | RTX 4080 coming for $1199

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
I have seen Cyberpunk 2077’s new “Overdrive” Ray Tracing mode and it adds the following.
  • NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI) gives each neon sign, street lamp, car headlight, LED billboard and TV accurate ray-traced lighting and shadows, bathing objects, walls, passing cars and pedestrians in accurate colored lighting.
  • Ray-traced indirect lighting and reflections now bounce multiple times, compared to the previous solution’s single bounce. The result is even more accurate, realistic and immersive global illumination, reflections, and self-reflections.
  • Ray-traced reflections are now rendered at full resolution, further improving their quality.
  • Improved, more physically-based lighting removes the need for any other occlusion techniques.
I’ve seen the trailer, it does look much better lighting & reflections wise than with what we have now, I bet it’ll be much more demanding though hence why it was revealed with the 40-series cards, maybe it’ll fix the self-shadowing of street NPCs for instance? I’ve seen @VFX_Veteran express disappointment in that regard with the current version we have. 👀👀

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 13

I have seen Cyberpunk 2077’s new “Overdrive” Ray Tracing mode and it adds the following.
  • NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI) gives each neon sign, street lamp, car headlight, LED billboard and TV accurate ray-traced lighting and shadows, bathing objects, walls, passing cars and pedestrians in accurate colored lighting.
  • Ray-traced indirect lighting and reflections now bounce multiple times, compared to the previous solution’s single bounce. The result is even more accurate, realistic and immersive global illumination, reflections, and self-reflections.
  • Ray-traced reflections are now rendered at full resolution, further improving their quality.
  • Improved, more physically-based lighting removes the need for any other occlusion techniques.
I’ve seen the trailer, it does look much better lighting & reflections wise than with what we have now, I bet it’ll be much more demanding though hence why it was revealed with the 40-series cards, maybe it’ll fix the self-shadowing of street NPCs for instance? I’ve seen @VFX_Veteran express disappointment in that regard with the current version we have. 👀👀
Yea, I doubt it will. The big problem right now with ambient occlusion is a proper solution for skin shaders. Also the clothing needs to be split down to separate pieces of geometry for shirt, pants, wristbands, etc.. so that occlusion will work properly. Having a solution for the face where there is no direct light will be complicated.

• brain
  • Informative
Reactions: Bryank75 and LED
D

Deleted member 13

I should say impressive.

And this is why these GPUs are so expensive. That tech can be used on ANY game past,present and future. This is all about bandwidth and not coding to the metal APIs. No matter what, you'll never get code written to use a software solution to DLSS 3.0

• Informative
Reactions: LED

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And this is why these GPUs are so expensive. That tech can be used on ANY game past,present and future. This is all about bandwidth and not coding to the metal APIs. No matter what, you'll never get code written to use a software solution to DLSS 3.0
DLSS can be used in any game? I thought nVidia have to code the game profile in drivers so it only works in supported games.

D

Deleted member 13

They do. Correction. I meant ANY game that gets a profile. My point was that it's not a new feature that will only come out in games post-4x000. Any previous games that implemented DLSS will get support.

Reactions: LED and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ohhhh the memes.

FeaQY3wagAAPVP4

unknown.png

T3gaveQ.jpg

m5xrsku7p0s91.png