Second Hit Piece about PSVR2 in a row

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

PSVR 2 Is The Wrong Device, At The Wrong Time, At The Wrong Price​

• PSVR 2 Is Priced At $550 – Well above not just its Meta Quest competitors, both present and likely future, but also more expensive than even a top-end PS5 itself.
    • You Need A PS5 To Play It – That’s the other thing. The Meta Quest is standalone, while you will also need to own a PS5 to run PSVR 2. That may have been more acceptable when other VR headsets were needing to be plugged into high end computers, but standalone sets have been the big breakout since then.
    • It Has a Cord – Again, this is not what most VR players are hoping for in 2023, where many VR headsets, including Meta’s, are now cord-free, where here, you’ll still be tethered to your PlayStation.
  • Launch Games Are Limited – The new Horizon VR title is its biggest launch draw, but again, you’re charging $550 for something with only a scattering of games, and many of them are ports because…
  • PSVR 2 Is Not Backward Compatible – I am picturing many people who enjoyed PSVR 1 and yet are very dismayed to find that entire library is not transferring over to the new unit. I understand, technically, why that may be happening, but it doesn’t feel good to be asked to A) buy pricey new hardware and B) not have any backward compatibility when that’s been very normalized in the console space itself.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

PSVR 2 Is The Wrong Device, At The Wrong Time, At The Wrong Price​

And an article with not much substance. I'll be getting mine soon 🔥

Reactions: Deleted member 417

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
* The second of many

kermit2.png

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KnittedKnight

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
sony's up against some pretty evil competition this time, even more so than MS. You have Facebook running smear campaigns for one, and all the other VR knockoffs to boot.

Love how i keep seeing 'It doesn't work on PC' as a negative. :LOL:

PC guys are so jealous of this thing, lol.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
When you have a must to buy device on hands you indeed generate hate and jealous.

Everything in what showed until now from the device was made to have the best VR experience in the market and that has a price.
On PC devices with similar features are over $1000.

The ideia that people compare it with Meta Quest 2 that is a very capped VR device shocks me.... it is cheaper because it indeed delivery a subpar VR experience compared with more expensive VR devices on PC.

Quest 2 and PSVR2 technological talking have little in common.

BTW weird opinion pieces you got in all places, for example:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Paul is great. Don’t like his hardware reviews tho. His criticisms aren’t always as important as he thinks they are.

Like needing a PS5? No shit bro. Then being all casual sperg about the cord. Yea, people are like that … they’re not considering latency as I would.

I think vr is a waste in general at this point tho. I’d probably be worse….

Reactions: Gamernyc78