SIE hires head of Nike/Jordan brand, Andrea Perez

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Thought this was interesting as most people think Sonys latest marketing efforts revolving around playstation have been terrible. Sony also mentioned that they want to be the Nike of competitive gaming so this is also interesting timing. She’s been a pretty big deal over at Nike for a while now.

This month, Perez joins Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) as its senior vice president of brand, product and services marketing.

She’ll be in charge of hardware, VR, peripherals, the PlayStation Store, services and product marketing teams, as well as consumer insights and marketing analytics teams. She’ll also attempt to bring the joy of gaming to an audience as broad and inclusive as possible.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Prepare to hear "PS+, PS+, PS+ PS+" in every content they release now :p

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Sony GIF by Sausage Party

• haha
Reactions: peter42O

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They really don't know what they are anymore...

They do not own one competitive game franchise apart from GT7

Reactions: Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Youre a gaming company bring more games and open more studios ffs

No one here asked for a shoe partnership

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Embrace it Sony, announce new games.

Just do it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They really don't know what they are anymore...

They do not own one competitive game franchise apart from GT7
Their platform is the main one for many 3rd party (remember, where Sony's gaming generates the biggest part of their revenue and profits) competitive games, like almost all fighting games.

Either in online multiplayer (which is where a huge portion of gaming money is both in consoles and other platforms) or in online and presential tournaments (which have a huge and growing audience).

In addition to getting the money from these consoles, games and addons, there's a related market of accesories like controllers, headsets, monitors or even chairs plus a lot of advertisements/marketing potential in the audience that these tournaments/teams/top players/comentators/etc have.

The most important part here is the marketing value of that huge and growing audience because helps them sell more consoles/games (even if 3rd party) for their consoles/accesories directly but also indirectly (those who buy a PS will also buy more games, get PS+, etc) and also keep the players engaged for a longer time with these games and consoles.

On top of that, having this communities tied to their consoles makes some the fans of these genres/IPs (let's say a fighting game fan) choose their console over the other ones.

Sonys latest marketing efforts revolving around playstation have been terrible
Sony's latest marketing metrics (so results) are the best ones any console gaming brand ever had.

Reactions: ethomaz