Sifu sells 2 million copies

24 Jun 2022
The context of me mentioning how it took one 2 months versus a full year for the other just flew right by huh ..

Given there was no price barrier for HiFi Rush for those on Game Pass, you could almost say 2 million in 2 months is rather disappointing. Aren't there 25 million subscribers there? So even for a game "free" in the service from Day 1, 23 million had zero interest to bother checking the game out?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Given there was no price barrier for HiFi Rush for those on Game Pass, you could almost say 2 million in 2 months is rather disappointing. Aren't there 25 million subscribers there? So even for a game "free" in the service from Day 1, 23 million had zero interest to bother checking the game out?

Sure you can say that, you can also say that only 4 million people unlocking the tracked basket ball trophy on Stray, a game that has a potential 40 million userbase, is double the disappointment, Sony didn't even bother telling people how many people actually played the game in total.

But if you were smart you likely wouldn't because not every single person on a sub service is beholden to play a game on it.

You knew that right ? 🤭

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Sure you can say that, you can also say that only 4 million people unlocking the tracked basket ball trophy on Stray, a game that has a potential 40 million userbase, is double the disappointment, Sony didn't even bother telling people how many people actually played the game in total.

But if you were smart you likely wouldn't because not every single person on a sub service is beholden to play a game on it.

You knew that right ? 🤭

I'm just showing you the shortcomings of your own logic 😉

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

You knew that right ? 🤭
The title of the thread is Sold 2 Million, Sold and Played are not the same. So talking about played figures of another game Stray in this example is pointless.
Others may also bring it up but all you have to say is thats not the game the thread is about.
The only thing you've shown here is that Stray, by *your* logic, is a massive failure.

I'm sure that comment's gonna make some users here a bit unhappy, but hey I didn't say it, you did. 🤷‍♂️
I can see you are aware of what you are doing by the comments you make.
You are trying to take digs at people (Little by Little) so people say something to you.
Then turn around and say well i didn't do anything and if i did quote me on it or prove that i said anything wrong.
Be it comment's or facts that may or may not be true it keeps happening and we see it.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The title of the thread is Sold 2 Million, Sold and Played are not the same. So talking about played figures of another game Stray in this example is pointless.

I agree, however I'm not the one who brought any other game in this topic in the first place.

I can see you are aware of what you are doing by the comments you make.
You are trying to take digs at people (Little by Little) so people say something to you.
Then turn around and say well i didn't do anything and if i did quote me on it or prove that i said anything wrong.
Be it comment's or facts that may or may not be true it keeps happening and we see it.

Again, I did not bring up any other game in the topic, I even tried to take the topic back to Sifu but kept getting quoted about irrelevant things.

You don't have to take my word for it, it's on page 1 of the topic.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

You knew that right ? 🤭
Do you have a source for the 4 million basketball trophy number?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Do you have a source for the 4 million basketball trophy number?

Sure, it was part of the PS Wrap Up for 2022, I don't think the wrap up website itself is like but a few other sites covered it:

Dunking a basketball in Stray is somewhat significant, as doing so will unlock one of the game's many trophies. According to the PlayStation app, only 14.2% of players have unlocked the Boom Chat Kalaka trophy in Stray. Combining these two pieces of information reveals that as many as 4,471,831 have played Stray on PlayStation

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sure, it was part of the PS Wrap Up for 2022, I don't think the wrap up website itself is like but a few other sites covered it:

Ok, it says 635,000 dunked basketballs. Now, some people have dunked the basketball multiple times through multiple playthroughs so let's be generous and say 500,000 unique players dunked the basketball.

Here's the trophy from today. Screenshot_20230318-170737_PS App.jpg

Yeah i beat the game without getting that trophy. If we apply that to the game, that's at least 3.7 million players.

Now, remember that Stray wasn't free on the basic PS+ tier. You yourself posted where Sony admitted Gamepass was far ahead of PS+. Based on some of the numbers elsewhere I would be surprised if PS+ extra or premium exceeded 15mil subs combined. So how is 3.7m on a potential userbase of <15, worse than 2m on a userbase of 25+m?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ok, it says 635,000 dunked basketballs. Now, some people have dunked the basketball multiple times through multiple playthroughs so let's be generous and say 500,000 unique players dunked the basketball.

Here's the trophy from today.View attachment 830

Yeah i beat the game without getting that trophy. If we apply that to the game, that's at least 3.7 million players.

Now, remember that Stray wasn't free on the basic PS+ tier. You yourself posted where Sony admitted Gamepass was far ahead of PS+. Based on some of the numbers elsewhere I would be surprised if PS+ extra or premium exceeded 15mil subs combined. So how is 3.7m on a potential userbase of <15, worse than 2m on a userbase of 25+m?
AdnanGPT already used that basketball trophy to downplay Stray in other topics. I don't even remember there was a basketball so I'm not surprised it's an ultra rare trophy nobody unlocked. His whole numbers just fell apart.

Stray had 10x the CC on Steam compared with Hifi but somehow the basketball trophy was the most important metric. What a sad individual.