Sony CFO Hiroki Totoki Says That The PS5 Marketshare In The US Has "Expanded Significantly" Compared To Competition

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
NPD showed that.
Series consoles are basically selling less than previous generations.
PS5 is getting stream to sell more than previous generations except PS2.

Supply did hurt way more PS5 than Series... if not supply issue happened PS5 was probably tracking ahead PS4 and Switch with comfortable advantage.
The early adopters push for PS5 (aka initial demand) was something crazy not seem in any previous console.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Any chance I get to say Hiroki Totoki, I will take....

If you say his name over and over fast it sounds like a train noise 'Hiroki Totoki Hiroki Totoki Hiroki Totoki'
Yes, I am a child.

It's awesome to hear that there's more potential for the console.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Any chance I get to say Hiroki Totoki, I will take....

If you say his name over and over fast it sounds like a train noise 'Hiroki Totoki Hiroki Totoki Hiroki Totoki'
Yes, I am a child.

It's awesome to hear that there's more potential for the console.
His name makes me remember chickens.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
it is self inflicted on xbox side. no one else is to blame there.
They brought 25 studios in the last 5 years? Is that the number? The only game they have to show for it is that wi-fi rhythm game?

How does that even happen? Their output has lowered over the years...

Also, with the games sales difference widening between platforms it probably makes it way more expensive for then to money hat third party titles for exclusivity (beyond pre-orders).

I wish another company took their place in the console market, a company that can put Sony to shame or at least attract people in a similar manner. MS peaked with the og Xbox, then they were able to ride the wave to the 360... Since Phil took over they have done nothing of note except presentations and announcements.

Maybe 2024 will be better?

Reactions: Bryank75