Sony & Honda Joint-Venture for a new E-Car Brand

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Hello there car enthusiasts!

Sony announced in CES 2020 their e-car prototype “Vision S”. They wanted to demonstrate their knowledge for digital entertainment systems and technologies such as sensors. Now one year later they formed a Joint Venture with Honda. The Company Sony Honda Mobility was founded. The chair of the new company will be Yasuhide Mizuno, which also the CEO of Honda.

Here some interesting line which highlights their ambitions:

Instead of inserting software after a car is produced, “we will develop a car as hardware that will cater to the entertainment and network we would like to offer”, said Mizuno

A new car brand was born: “Afeela”. The car will be available for preorder at 2025 globally.

This was not already end of the line. Sony Honda Mobility announced they will soon reveal more models!

Are you excited that Sony may rise to new heights? Maybe this project could be successful and could even rival Tesla if not best them. Analysts believe if this Joint-Venture is successful, that Sony and Honda maybe will merge in the future. Share your thoughts about it!

Recommend to:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I just do not like the name 'Afeela'....

I like the back end, very Porsche.

The front could use a bit more styling IMO. It's just a little flat, lacking a bit of character or something.

But maybe the other models will have styling more to my tastes... since there seem to be a few on the cards.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings