Sony just flushed all the good will they gained this year down the drain

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
We've never gone as long in Playstation history without a showcase until now. If you can't see the significance of what this Showcase was to signal then I dunno what to say? This was suppose to set up the next phase of Playstation instead it left us more confused as to what the hell are they even working on? Not even the GaaS games were ready to be shown.
Cos people here are known ps fan and already dumping on third party publishers like EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix etc

And put all their eggs and expectation on Sony to deliver megaton every year

So when at some point sony failed to met their expectation, all hell break lose and everyone loosing their minds

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
People have short memories and pretend that they never saw a bad showcase before

Im here about E3 2014, 2019, 2020, and several other psx, gamescom tgs and other shows

Oh and some comical laughably bad presentation from xbox too
2019 and 2020 shit all over this

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Cos people here are known ps fan and already dumping on third party publishers like EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix etc

And put all their eggs and expectation on Sony to deliver megaton every year

So when at some point sony failed to met their expectation, all hell break lose and everyone loosing their minds

Its been 1.5 years since a showcase so people had higher expectations. Maybe if they were still doing annual summer game events this wouldn’t happen.

They’ve been absolutely silent on first party stuff since fall 2021 and even then we barely got anything. The last time we got a deluge of single player first party games was fall 2020, almost 3 years ago.

Not only is it not weird for them to not show first party stuff after so long, they did nothing to set expectations and Hermen and Shu didn’t even make an appearance. It was just a very weird and offputting showcase.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Wait until next year youre gona see people say 2024 worse then previous year or 2025 os worse than 2024

Tbh im kinda tired with these mojo and constant whining by gamers

Seeing mgs3 and spiderman 2 alone makes me happy

We didn’t even see MGS3, we saw the equivilent of what was KOTOR CGI trailer and where is that?

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
They’ve been absolutely silent on first party stuff since fall 2021 and even then we barely got anything. The last time we got a deluge of single player first party games was fall 2020, almost 3 years ago.
Bro here forgetting horizon forbidden west, gran turismo 7, and gow ragnarok came out in 2022

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Bro here forgetting horizon forbidden west, gran turismo 7, and gow ragnarok came out in 2022
Yes, we knew about those games since 2020, how long are we riding off 2020 announcements at this point?

I kinda of hope the media tears sony a new one over the next couple of days. They did nothing to set expectations after two years of silence

Reactions: Yobo

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Spare a thought for the Xbox people, they must be super confused at all this, Sony bros are this is not looking good and Xbox people are like this is the second coming of Christ.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Yes, we knew about those games since 2020, how long are we riding off 2020 announcements at this point?

I kinda of hope the media tears sony a new one over the next couple of days. They did nothing to set expectations after two years of silence
Ok some you folks here need to calm down man seriously this isnt even the only gaming show this year

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Ok some you folks here need to calm down man seriously this isnt even the only gaming show this year

Its likely the only gaming show where we had an opportunity to find out more about sonys first party offerings which is why we’re all here to begin with.

The showcase would have probably gone down a lot better if it was 20 minutes shorter and had a factions trailer

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Its likely the only gaming show where we had an opportunity to find out more about sonys first party offerings which is why we’re all here to begin with.
Like i said this is the mindset that need to be adressed carefully

Like some of you folks here depend to much on Sony alone to deliver every year

Like..bro game like ghost of tshushima alone took 7 year to develop...

not every year we can have megatons

Like when theres a bad show this year...everyone grasping at straws...screaming..yelling..shaking their butss...

Ignoring all the good stuff we seen today ( spiderman2 , mgs3 remake, phantom blade, talos, alan wake 2, ff16 etc)

• brain
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Like i said this is the mindset that need to be adressed carefully

Like some of you folks here depend to much on Sony alone to deliver every year

Like..bro game like ghost of tshushima alone took 7 year to develop...

not every year we can have megatons

Like when theres a bad show this year...everyone grasping at straws...screaming..yelling..shaking their butss...

Ignoring all the good stuff we seen today ( spiderman2 , mgs3 remake, phantom blade, talos, alan wake 2, ff16 etc)

And thats why you set expectations early. If you go two years without communicating with the people spending a shit ton of money in your ecosystem every year this is what happens.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Thats not what you insinuate on your first statement

You said earlier :

" The last time we got a deluge of single player first party games was fall 2020, almost 3 years ago."

which is wrong cos last year alone (2022) we already have 3 big first party game released ( horizon forbiden west, gran turismo 7 and god of war ragnarok)

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Thats not what you insinuate on your first statement

You said earlier :

" The last time we got a deluge of single player first party games was fall 2020, almost 3 years ago."

which is wrong cos last year alone (2022) we already have 3 big first party game released ( horizon forbiden west, gran turismo 7 and god of war ragnarok)

I’m talking about announcements not releases, you need both.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Most of their Studios working on GaaS. Even, if Sony realize now what we want. Correction will take 5 years at least.
I say entire gaming is likely gonna be fucked for the mid term at least.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Most of their Studios working on GaaS. Even, if Sony realize now what we want. Correction will take 5 years at least.
I say entire gaming is likely gonna be fucked for the mid term at least.

The 4 big studios are all making single player, naughty dog, Santa Monica, Suckerpunch, and insomniac.

Team asobi, bluepoint, and housemarque are probably also making single player games, its not that dire yet

Reactions: Hezekiah

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Its funny i have been watching a few random "live reactions" of the showcase and a good 70-80% of the people i have seen liked the show.
The general public wont care at all.
I enjoyed some of it but not all of it 7/10

• Informative
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I’m talking about announcements not releases, you need both.
No your statement clearly said this :

This is you talking about games nothing to do with announcement

And youre proven to be wrong here cos in 2022 we got horizon forbiden west, gran turismo 7 and god of war ragnarok

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They didn't show anything big first-party. I think they promised 3rd-party publishers they would make a big showcase to give them the spotlight. That's the only explanation.

It's true that it made the PS5 look like a generic box that plays whatever is on PC (basically an Xbox 🤢).

Just add Madden and it could be the Xbox showcase really.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They didn't show anything big first-party. I think they promised 3rd-party publishers they would make a big showcase to give them the spotlight. That's the only explanation.

It's true that it made the PS5 look like a generic box that plays whatever is on PC (basically an Xbox 🤢).

Just add Madden and it could be the Xbox showcase really.

Was missing the new FIFA (whatever its called now) and COD 2023

Even AVATAR could have made this showcase better lol