Sony just flushed all the good will they gained this year down the drain

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Morale was at an all time high before this event now it all looks bleak to be honest. It felt like we were going to attend Xbox's funeral, instead we attended Xbox resurrection. Makes me wonder how it's going to be even possible for MS to show a less exciting future.

I'm only truly excited about BG3, FFXVI, FFVII Rebirth, Death Stranding 2. All playable on PC, if not at release, soon after and none made by a Sony first party studio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Morale was at an all time high before this event now it all looks bleak to be honest. It felt like we were going to attend Xbox's funeral, instead we attended Xbox resurrection. Makes me wonder how it's going to be even possible for MS to show a less exciting future.

I'm only truly excited about BG3, FFXVI, FFVII Rebirth, Death Stranding 2. All playable on PC, if not at release, soon after and none made by a Sony first party studio.
Problem is some of you guys fell into xboxers like jeff hyping up this event so expectation through the roof

Theyre also leaking some of the news here which reduce the excitement and you guys fell into it

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I think Sony is a little tone deaf on the fact that their most hardcore fans want to see PS STUDIOS. Its been years sony cmon.... 2 CGI trailers of games being made by studios with no pedigree is not hype in the slightest

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think Sony is a little tone deaf on the fact that their most hardcore fans want to see PS STUDIOS. Its been years sony cmon.... 2 CGI trailers of games being made by studios with no pedigree is not hype in the slightest

Like, oh remember that thing that made was super popular and put us in a class of our own last gen? Forget that, here’s some cgi trailers of live service shooters, we said wouldn’t be the main focus of our GAAS initiative.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This was not a terrible showing. It's good that we got to see most of the new acquisition projects. Marathon looked awesome. Concord looked awesome. Fairgames looked awesome. Spiderman 2 has no competition this year.

Most of the new showings will be day and date on PC, which is very smart.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This type of show makes me wonder if I even like games anymore, the vast majority of games shown I wouldn't play if you paid me to.

FFXVI and Dragon's Dogma 2 are the only ones I see myself buying.

This isn't nothing:
What is it then? Describe it to me please. Looks like AI generated garbage.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
This thread is hyperbolic but i do think alot of what sony themselves showed was for investors and not so much for gamers.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This isn't nothing:

Travolta Legends GIF by Pixel Bandits

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This thread is hyperbolic but i do think alot of what sony themselves showed was for investors and not so much for gamers.
I bet investors were all watching this while eating Doritos and the massively negative sentiment created by the show will make Sony market value skyrocket.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I dont know about flushing it all down. But it was an awful show and they have lost touch with there hardcore fanbase.

I see people keep saying Sony cares about the average consumer. They should also care about the hardcore base, because they are the ones who buy more than COD, Fifa and Fortnite. They actually buy multiple games. Average user base doesnt.

I dont care about CGI trailers or Gaas. But at least show me or tell me what exclusives are coming, especially from 1st Party

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And youre proven to be wrong here cos in 2022 we got horizon forbiden west, gran turismo 7 and god of war ragnarok
Those were all announced in 2020.
Sony need to show more, even if it is a reveal trailer, cgi or title. I dont care if the game comes in 1-2-3 years, just show me what they are working on. The industry has been that way for decades

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
This type of show makes me wonder if I even like games anymore, the vast majority of games shown I wouldn't play if you paid me to.

FFXVI and Dragon's Dogma 2 are the only ones I see myself buying.

What is it then? Describe it to me please. Looks like AI generated garbage.
Youre having a Florian Mueller teir mental breakdown dude. Sony has one Mid show. I guarantee theyre assessing what went wrong and will come back later this year with a better show.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Youre having a Florian Mueller teir mental breakdown dude. Sony has one Mid show. I guarantee theyre assessing what went wrong and will come back later this year with a better show.
Sony has one awful show after two years of silence and even more years of no exciting announcement. I'm no green rat, I don't live of promises, I call it how it is and things look bleak for PlayStation going forward.

The golden age that we were enjoying since 2009 looks to be at an end.