Sony just flushed all the good will they gained this year down the drain

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
My hope is that if sony is truly trying to sell 25m consoles this year that they need another showcase before years end or i dont see how that happens
Unfortunately this won't affect them. Because at the end of the day, people are looking forward to ffxvi, mk1, street fighter spiderman, Alan wake 2 etc.

Shame really. I have no interest in gaas crap they are making whatsover. Waste of time

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Unfortunately this won't affect them. Because at the end of the day, people are looking forward to ffxvi, mk1, street fighter spiderman, Alan wake 2 etc.

Shame really. I have no interest in gaas crap they are making whatsover. Waste of time
Exactly why this overreaction is silly.
As for the GaaS, I'll keep ignoring it as I've been for a long time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Exactly why this overreaction is silly.
As for the GaaS, I'll keep ignoring it as I've been for a long time.
I think some of the reaction is legitimate tbh. I don't want to be put in a situation where years later we're watching a jim ryan interview saying "an 11/10 game wouldn't move the needle". The warning signs are there, it takes 5-6 years to right the ship because of how long the development timelines are.

It's equally concerning that instead of expanding investment into single player games, their own financial reports show almost all new investment going into live service games. Since dev budgets are always increasing per game on the AAA level that means that even with equal dollars spent on the single player side, we'll be getting less or lesser games.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Sony has one awful show after two years of silence and even more years of no exciting announcement. I'm no green rat, I don't live of promises, I call it how it is and things look bleak for PlayStation going forward.

The golden age that we were enjoying since 2009 looks to be at an end.
Again It was one mid show. This isnt xbox where they have shown anything of note for a decade. Sony has had multiple GOOD state of plays. This didnt destroy the brand or anything. Id log off, take a walk, hang out with friends, and not think about gaming for the weekend. Its ok.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Again It was one mid show. This isnt xbox where they have shown anything of note for a decade. Sony has had multiple GOOD state of plays. This didnt destroy the brand or anything. Id log off, take a walk, hang out with friends, and not think about gaming for the weekend. Its ok.
Where do you draw the line? How many bad shows like this does it take for you to become suspicious of things to come?

Other than the launch lineup of PS5 everything else has been pretty disappointing.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I thought the show was pretty good.
A lot of games show.
The show was good. But wasn't enough first party games. Death stranding 2, ghost 2, the new London studio game, factions.

The fact naughty dog just keep falling from grace is insane. "Soo soon" that's the only shit that comes out from their mouths

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Where do you draw the line? How many bad shows like this does it take for you to become suspicious of things to come?

Other than the launch lineup of PS5 everything else has been pretty disappointing.
What line was crossed? Sony said they were having a showcase, they dint say phase 2 or hype it to tge high heavens. That was games media and fake insiders shaping the narrative. I was disappointed too but life goes on and guess what, all the things that you still might want to be announced still can be. Its going to be ok.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What line was crossed? Sony said they were having a showcase, they dint say phase 2 or hype it to tge high heavens. That was games media and fake insiders shaping the narrative. I was disappointed too but life goes on and guess what, all the things that you still might want to be announced still can be. Its going to be ok.
So you have no standards? You'll just "wait till next year, the games are coming" forever?

All you want for the next two years is Spider-man 2, a bunch of GaaS and maybe Wolverine and Death Stranding 2?

You think that the same ND that is taking 3 years to show Factions is going to show up out of nowhere with another game ready to release when the time comes? You think that is going to happen to their other studios?

I can't shit on Xbox for this and then praise Sony when they do the same. Lack of quality games is not acceptable is you want to justify having your own platform and not just being another third-party publisher.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So you have no standards? You'll just "wait till next year, the games are coming" forever?

All you want for the next two years is Spider-man 2, a bunch of GaaS and maybe Wolverine and Death Stranding 2?

You think that the same ND that is taking 3 years to show Factions is going to show up out of nowhere with another game ready to release when the time comes? You think that is going to happen to their other studios?

I can't shit on Xbox for this and then praise Sony when they do the same. Lack of quality games is not acceptable is you want to justify having your own platform and not just being another third-party publisher.
I have standards but i also have a life outside of gaming, thats not a dig at you btw. Sony dropped the ball but its not the end of the world to me. Im getting ff16 next month, hell divers 2 looks interesting, marathon sounds cool, and all those games you mentioned are still being worked on in the background. Again, its going to be ok.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I have standards but i also have a life outside of gaming, thats not a dig at you btw. Sony dropped the ball but its not the end of the world to me. Im getting ff16 next month, hell divers 2 looks interesting, marathon sounds cool, and all those games you mentioned are still being worked on in the background. Again, its going to be ok.
So there is no point where you would admit Sony is not doing a good job? Got it.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

I can pretty much guarantee you that there's going to be more stuff released in the next 2 years. Sucker Punch's game should be out by the end of 2025, Bluepoint should have a port of some kind, Heartbreak should be out (probably VR,) Asobi should have something, GT8 should be on the way, FF7R2 should be arriving, Rise of the Ronin, maybe Death Stranding 2 and possibly a few other longer term games.

The real issue is that you didn't get the short term dopamine hit of seeing titles announced, even though that has no impact on when you actually get to play the games.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Youre having a Florian Mueller teir mental breakdown dude. Sony has one Mid show. I guarantee theyre assessing what went wrong and will come back later this year with a better show.
I don't think their problem is the show. Their problem is the content.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I think the Sony not in-game footage game reveals will appear again after the MS show during the Summerfest thing. That way we get a reveal and a gameplay effort. One game is out next year so I'm expecting at least the Concord one to show up before the end of the Summer.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

These people don't recognize warning signs. Same happened to xbots when they ignored the warning signs around Phil Spencer.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
My 2 cents is this was the show I and others talked about last year they had close to ready, organized wise from partner titles. But supposedly some first party stuff wasn't ready from some studios. Insomniac originally was going to just have a trailer mixed with in game gameplay similar to 2016 spiderman showing. But they ended up being farther along and wanted a longer demo cut, but meanwhile "other" studios had a couple issues.

I think this was the result of shuffling around, and I believe the ones we expected are going to be shown later this year with one or two being shown during summer game fest, followed by Bomb drops at VGA's similar to last year.