Sony just flushed all the good will they gained this year down the drain

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I mean, they were riding high, letting Microsoft make one big mistake after another, all they had to do was ride the wave and then they put out this disaster. It’s very worrrying for a number of reasons

1. Sony aren’t vocal enough so this may be the last time we hear from them for a while, maybe a whole year
  2. No single player games announced, yet multiplayer stuff announced for next year, thats worrying
  3. Too many Live Service games, this isn’t want playstation fans want
  4. Too many cgi trailers
  5. Where are all the studios?
Honestly, im so let down by this showcase that if sony doesn’t have a response soon idk how im gonna feel about the future of the brand. imagine going another year with only knowing about some cgi trailers for shooters?

Holy shit, I might have to take back everything i said about Hermen and Jim Ryan, this is a xbox one level disaster

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
My hope is that if sony is truly trying to sell 25m consoles this year that they need another showcase before years end or i dont see how that happens

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They would be at a much better place had they just done another State of Play. They look completely out of touch with their core fan base.

The worst case scenario does seem to be true, investment in single player was sacrificed for GaaS and arrogant Sony is back taking their success on consoles for granted.

I wish so much that Nintendo would show up with a Switch successor about as powerful as the Series S that would get third-party support, Sony needs to be afraid of something.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nobody cares, the average person, if they watched this at all, can't tell first party from third, what's only on Playstation and what's coming to Xbox. They have Final Fantasy and Spiderman, that gets them through the year. Then they have a different press conference next year with Factions and Camden and maybe Wolverine.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Nobody cares, the average person, if they watched this at all, can't tell first party from third, what's only on Playstation and what's coming to Xbox. They have Final Fantasy and Spiderman, that gets them through the year. Then they have a different press conference next year with Factions and Camden and maybe Wolverine.
Who cares about the average person?

I'm in it for what the console gives me, not a Zoomer looking for his next adderall fix

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

I'm in it for what the console gives me, not a Zoomer looking for his next adderall fix
Sony cares about the average person, and you should too because the average person is what builds the market that supports games you like.

Hell, why do you even care? You know enough, presumably, to go through Sony's list of studios on wikipedia and see what games they are working on. Are you here to play games or are you just here to watch trailers?

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Exactly, they aren’t putting these showcase on for the average person, no one i know that isn’t a video game nerd cares about this shit. Its for us the people perpetually online talking about games

And damn near unanimous disappointment across the board. This did a lot to kill sonys momentum. They need to take a beating i feel at this point

Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony cares about the average person, and you should too because the average person is what builds the market that supports games you like.

Hell, why do you even care? You know enough, presumably, to go through Sony's list of studios on wikipedia and see what games they are working on. Are you here to play games or are you just here to watch trailers?

We want to see first party games, its been two years. Stop sucking their dicks

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I mean, they were riding high, letting Microsoft make one big mistake after another, all they had to do was ride the wave and then they put out this disaster. It’s very worrrying for a number of reasons

1. Sony aren’t vocal enough so this may be the last time we hear from them for a while, maybe a whole year
  2. No single player games announced, yet multiplayer stuff announced for next year, thats worrying
  3. Too many Live Service games, this isn’t want playstation fans want
  4. Too many cgi trailers
  5. Where are all the studios?
Honestly, im so let down by this showcase that if sony doesn’t have a response soon idk how im gonna feel about the future of the brand. imagine going another year with only knowing about some cgi trailers for shooters?

Holy shit, I might have to take back everything i said about Hermen and Jim Ryan, this is a xbox one level disaster
Let's not get crazy, this isn't an xbox one level disaster. It's bad though, and it really does call into question the judgment of the new leadership.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I wish so much that Nintendo would show up with a Switch successor about as powerful as the Series S that would get third-party support, Sony needs to be afraid of something.
I think likewise. It would also be an extremely savvy business decision in the current environment. The decision on the Switch 2 specs was made years ago however so we'll see. Sony's market is open for poaching the more they go this route. All it takes is a savvy competitor with the right tools. I'll support that Day 0 just because, and not because I like 1080p anchors like the Series S is.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
sadly can’t be done with a 15W handheld

Sbox uses 75 watts. thats 5 times the power budget of a handheld

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yeah this is exactly why they treat their core fanbase as servants. Accept what they give and always be happy. You guys underestimate the power of social discourse.

24 Jun 2022
I think likewise. It would also be an extremely savvy business decision in the current environment. The decision on the Switch 2 specs was made years ago however so we'll see. Sony's market is open for poaching the more they go this route. All it takes is a savvy competitor with the right tools. I'll support that Day 0 just because, and not because I like 1080p anchors like the Series S is.

I'm calling it right now: keep an eye out for Apple.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Playstation has been hijacked by the suits and it's now the biggest earner. I fear the out of touch boardroom guys will eventually screw it all up wit the thirst for more and more profits. Things are already feelings so corporate. Fans have been all but shut out now compared to the Andrew House era.

Reactions: Kudun khanor

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
People have short memories and pretend that they never saw a bad showcase before

Im here about E3 2014, 2019, 2020, and several other psx, gamescom tgs and other shows

Oh and some comical laughably bad presentation from xbox too

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
People have short memories and pretend that they never saw a bad showcase before

Im here about E3 2014, 2019, 2020, and several other psx, gamescom tgs and other shows
We've never gone as long in Playstation history without a showcase until now. If you can't see the significance of what this Showcase was to signal then I dunno what to say? This was suppose to set up the next phase of Playstation instead it left us more confused as to what the hell are they even working on? Not even the GaaS games were ready to be shown.

Reactions: Kudun khanor
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
and even sonys bad showcases had new single player announcements for their LARGE MAJORITY audience that prefers those games.

Reactions: Bryank75