Sony just flushed all the good will they gained this year down the drain

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I am thinking if Sony made this show earlier this years instead of that FF16 state of play, they would have two big gameplay demo ( FF16 and SM2), then remove the CGI trailers. The show would've looked much much better. Even if it doesn't match expectations, people would still be satisfied.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Bad writing is bad writing.

Nothing wrong with a good old anti capitalist narrative. Most Cyberpunk is. But this game just stinks of being written by somebody who sits on twitter 16 hours a day "chEAT the rich" has to be one of the cringiest lines I've seen in a game
Exactly. The veneer of anti-capitalism cause it's chic and cool and appeals to the tiktok crowd is just cringey. I mean obviously we haven't seen enough to make a final judgment but they sure made a shitty first impression. It's like the western game industry's writers collectively made a shrine to Joss Whedon and just pray to it every time they need a new script.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Good to know that you're so smart your opinion is better than everyone else's.
Id you think this showcase its the equivalent of show that destruyed the xbox one? Yes mi opinión its not only better, its not a stupid and out of touch from reality

Let me ask, you think this showcase its the equivalent of that? Yes or no?

If this stupid hot takes are gonna be the normal thing, this is gonna become worse that xboxera

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
let’s not exaggerate now. This was a showcase not a reveal event. So the comparison makes no sense by default.

I can’t believe that’s even a narrative.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I've seen a lot of folks say it should have been split into state of plays and i agree.

There just wasn't enough umph for a big showcase.

At least that way they can set expectations as most people aren't expecting the world from state of plays.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I've seen a lot of folks say it should have been split into state of plays and i agree.

There just wasn't enough umph for a big showcase.

At least that way they can set expectations as most people aren't expecting the world from state of plays.
If they did name it a State of Play instead, the backlash wouldn’t have been this big for them. Showcase is something special which fans do care about. They did nothing but hurt their brand reputation with this cursed show.

Reactions: FatKaz

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Id you think this showcase its the equivalent of show that destruyed the xbox one? Yes mi opinión its not only better, its not a stupid and out of touch from reality

Opinions are like cocks. It's good to have one and be proud of it, but don't try to shove them down someone else's throats.

Let me ask, you think this showcase its the equivalent of that? Yes or no?

Nope, not nearly as bad.

If this stupid hot takes are gonna be the normal thing, this is gonna become worse that xboxera

Yeah, completely comparable:
  • XboxEra - Phil Spencer announces the XCumBox, they all kneel and beg for a load in their face
  • IconEra - People criticise Sony for a subpar showcase

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If Sony really went all in with this GaaS nonsense this is equivalent to the time Xbox bet everything on Kinect and destroyed itself. Xbox One reveal was actually harmless in comparison to that.

The 60% investment into GaaS and close to all games releasing on Pc as shown on their slides is the end of PlayStation as we know it and I suspect this new PlayStation won't be for us.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Xbox is already fully invested in GaaS and they’ve completely failed at all of it outside of Forza Horizon and Minecraft.

They currently own the biggest failure of them all and one of the biggest industry flops since ET… HALO INFINITE

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Opinions are like cocks. It's good to have one and be proud of it, but don't try to shove them down someone else's throats.

Nope, not nearly as bad.

Yeah, completely comparable:
  • XboxEra - Phil Spencer announces the XCumBox, they all kneel and beg for a load in their face
  • IconEra - People criticise Sony for a subpar showcase
Nearly as bad lol

One thing its critise another dumb takes after dumb takes and stupid hipérbole
Btw in not gonna shove my enormous and gallant cock into anyones throat, im pretty selective, thanks

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I cannot confirm or denied that information

*all opinions are mine and does not reflect the company I work for…
You tell your fellow Sony employees that I'm selling my pitch for Uncharted soft-reboot for $5, guaranteed to sell at least 20m.

Also, let them know that they own a game called Bloodborne and that some people on the internet like it.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Has nothing to do with being a drama queen. Sorry if you say this okay, than you are no different than this blind Nintendo and Xbox fanboys you do laugh about.
Burning Fran Healy GIF by Travis
Only diehard fanboys would say everything is fine lol.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I'm the one who majority here call an Xbot and even I don't believe that the showcase was anywhere near an Xbox One reveal event level disaster for one simple reason - Marvel's Spider Man 2. Come November when we're all playing it, not a single one of us is going to give a flying fuck about their disappointing and underwhelming showcase six months earlier.

Plus, 2024 - Stellar Blade (if it's not at Keighley's Summer Game Fest, I believe that it's been delayed to 2024), Rise of the Ronin, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth from Square Enix and Marvel's Wolverine.

Sony could go another 20 months without a showcase and it isn't changing anything this generation in my opinion.
This is partly why:
Xbox is already fully invested in GaaS and they’ve completely failed at all of it outside of Forza Horizon and Minecraft.

They currently own the biggest failure of them all and one of the biggest industry flops since ET… HALO INFINITE

No competitor pressure. MS is a bad competitor and their precedents were going to hurt the industry one way or another, sooner or later cause this market is an oligopoly of 3. Of course, MS can make Xbox take the hit as long as they prop Windows Gaming on the other side of the equation as a result (which they have). Hence why the brand can linger in decomposed stasis for a decade. I had a chance like everyone to invest on that platform (had a X360 with tons of games like everyone until about the time post-Halo Reach) but once I figured out their intentions I completely divested, and there is nothing MS has done to change that opinion. Their endgame is clear and it's not with a fixed hardware console with consumer control. Folks still invested on that platform are on borrowed time for as long as it's useful for MS to keep its feet wet on the market that moves the industry forward (consoles) to keep Windows in the mix. Once that no longer holds true... they're out. It's in the interest of Xbox fans per say for consoles to continue to be successful - to see their idiotic corporate slavery endorsing any changes to the traditional model just to shield a failing upwards loser like Spencer is maddening and borderline crazy (it's not, contrary to whatever fucked up rationale may get to your brain, in your own self interest as a console gamer).

Last edited:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
You tell your fellow Sony employees that I'm selling my pitch for Uncharted soft-reboot for $5, guaranteed to sell at least 20m.

Also, let them know that they own a game called Bloodborne and that some people on the internet like it.
Bloodborne is being remastered!!! Like I said a million time before! It will possibly be on the next gen console! I doubt from software wants to touch it! They are busy with the elden ring IP

About uncharted, Sony is afraid to lend the IP to other studios, and other audios are afraid to touch it!!

Bend studio might be axed! So remember, if you like a game BUY IT!
There’s a lot of pressure on Sony and on PlayStation currently because of MS and Activision.

PlayStation experience might return this year depending on several factors but mostly is how well is Xbox showcase.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Bloodborne is being remastered!!! Like I said a million time before! It will possibly be on the next gen console! I doubt from software wants to touch it! They are busy with the elden ring IP

About uncharted, Sony is afraid to lend the IP to other studios, and other audios are afraid to touch it!!

Bend studio might be axed! So remember, if you like a game BUY IT!
There’s a lot of pressure on Sony and on PlayStation currently because of MS and Activision.

PlayStation experience might return this year depending on several factors but mostly is how well is Xbox showcase.
Can you profile yourself as being a real SIE employee?