Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Are you okay bro?
shots fired finger guns GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it's time to add Shift Up (Project Eve/Stellar Blade) and Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo to the list.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think it's time to add Shift Up (Project Eve/Stellar Blade) and Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo to the list.
Shift Up, probably.

I doubt Sony will ever buy Koei Tecmo. They cost north of $2 billion easily, and their games aren't as popular. If Sony were to invest that kind of money, they'd rather get SquareEnix or maybe even Capcom.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Team Ninja is a lot of my cup of tea. would gladly welcome them into the family :)

Snake29

21 Jun 2022
Sony is dead, their consoles are too expensive, their games are too expensive, they don't allow Gamepass on PS systems, the list goes on and on, the company is a zombie.

Gamepass on PS5, means that every Xbox first party game needs a PS5 version, so it doesn't make any sense what you are saying.

I mean, why not...if Microsoft wants to kill the xbox console completely. The brand itself will lose it's value more then see it growing.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Shift Up, probably.

I doubt Sony will ever buy Koei Tecmo. They cost north of $2 billion easily, and their games aren't as popular. If Sony were to invest that kind of money, they'd rather get SquareEnix or maybe even Capcom.
Depends on the budget they have available and the willing to sell that each one may have. Imagine they don't have enough budget to buy SE or Capcom, or that they don't want to sell. And that maybe Koei Tecmo is open to sell them Team Ninja for a good price, let's say for $1B or less.

P

peter42O

Still hoping for Sony to acquire Ember Lab. Wouldn't mind Deviation Games and Arrowhead Studio either.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
You know I’m all in favor of Jim Ryan coming out and trying to publicly kill this Activision deal but on the other side of the coin I do feel like this indicates to me that Sony is not going to make their own big purchase of their own because the optics of that would look terrible.

So the question for me is would you rather see Sony take a chance and try to kill the deal and not acquire anything major, Or acquire a few semi big companies for themselves? If they kill the deal then it’s a brilliant strategy but if they don’t this would really blow up in their face if they aren’t making major moves while they have green light.

I think for me i’d have it both ways, that is Sony acquires who they need to to remain competitive while at the same time negotiate to extend the COD contract as far as they can. Perhaps that’s the plan all along but I just think Jim Ryan’s public statements mean were not gonna be buying a sqaure Enix capcom anytime soon.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You know I’m all in favor of Jim Ryan coming out and trying to publicly kill this Activision deal but on the other side of the coin I do feel like this indicates to me that Sony is not going to make their own big purchase of their own because the optics of that would look terrible.

So the question for me is would you rather see Sony take a chance and try to kill the deal and not acquire anything major, Or acquire a few semi big companies for themselves? If they kill the deal then it’s a brilliant strategy but if they don’t this would really blow up in their face if they aren’t making major moves while they have green light.

I think for me i’d have it both ways, that is Sony acquires who they need to to remain competitive while at the same time negotiate to extend the COD contract as far as they can. Perhaps that’s the plan all along but I just think Jim Ryan’s public statements mean were not gonna be buying a sqaure Enix capcom anytime soon.
Ideal situation -- nobody buys anything big. All companies, SE, Capcom, From, Activision, continue to work independently as they have been. Consolidation isn't good for the industry or the gamers.

Besides, as I said earlier, these big acquisitions don't necessarily add much to the gamers.

I'd rather see Sony do what they have been doing: funding new games, setting up new studios, etc. That adds more games for PS gamers. Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Kena/Ember Lab, Deviation, Haven Studios, Firewalk's IP, FireSprite's 3-4 games, that new German studio. Consequently, we'll be getting 10+ games that we wouldn't have got otherwise.

If Sony buys SquareEnix, it changes nothing. We'll probably get 1-2 extra games at best? Meh.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Either learn to argue in good faith, or keep up with that kind of low effort bait and suffer the consequences.
ITT;

Sony please buy x,y and z company

also

Microsoft is the devil for making acquisitions

Dumb lmao

P

peter42O

For Microsoft, I see them acquiring more studios and publishers which im all for. Give me more!!!

For Sony, I don't see them acquiring anyone bigger than Bungie and no publishers. Just don't see Sony as a company willing to take a risk with a such a massive investment pre-acquisition and post-acquisition. Instead, I see them acquiring development studios like they've already been doing and expand them. For development studios and/or publishers that they know they're not acquiring, they will simply invest money into those companies in order to block any future potential sale as they would have to approve the sales as a shareholder and investor which is a smart move by Sony because if you can't/won't buy them, the next best thing is to block them from being acquired by Microsoft or someone else.

Reactions: Heisenberg007

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
ITT;

Sony please buy x,y and z company

also

Microsoft is the devil for making acquisitions

Dumb lmao
It’s an arms race started by Microsoft. I also think your take is wrong. Pretty sure most people wouldn’t want ANY of this to be occurring. None of this talk was happening before MS went on their tear and started pulling games off of other platforms.

Reactions: Kokoloko

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It’s an arms race started by Microsoft. I also think your take is wrong. Pretty sure most people wouldn’t want ANY of this to be occurring. None of this talk was happening before MS went on their tear and started pulling games off of other platforms.
So far Microsoft is the only one who hasn't taken games off of other platforms while Sony continues their vendetta of blocking third party releases. Am I wrong?

P

peter42O

Pretty sure most people wouldn’t want ANY of this to be occurring.

I'm definitely NOT one of these people. lol

I love all this shit. It's freaking great, entertaining as fuck and so damn interesting to play "who'll be acquired next"??? Microsoft wants to be an impact player which they were never going to become without acquisitions and they obviously want to be competitive and the best way to do that is with acquisitions and in turn, by gaining market share while taking away market share from Sony.

I can't wait to see next generation when it could easily be a 360/PS3 situation as I want to see how Sony adjusts, adapts and see what they end up doing.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So far Microsoft is the only one who hasn't taken games off of other platforms while Sony continues their vendetta of blocking third party releases. Am I wrong?
Uh yes. Hellblade 2. All of the Bethesda stuff. I’m sure there are more I’m not thinking of. If you deny this you are being incredibly intellectually dishonest. And that’s putting it nicely.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm definitely NOT one of these people. lol

I love all this shit. It's freaking great, entertaining as fuck and so damn interesting to play "who'll be acquired next"??? Microsoft wants to be an impact player which they were never going to become without acquisitions and they obviously want to be competitive and the best way to do that is with acquisitions and in turn, by gaining market share while taking away market share from Sony.

I can't wait to see next generation when it could easily be a 360/PS3 situation as I want to see how Sony adjusts, adapts and see what they end up doing.
I meant most non MS gamers.

Of course you like it. You’re one of those people cheering MS on to continue harming the industry even though long term it’s going to hurt everyone (higher sub prices, lower quality games, less variety). So yes you’re going to have a worse time in the long run, and you’re failing to even realize it.

P

peter42O

I meant most non MS gamers.

Of course you like it. You’re one of those people cheering MS on to continue harming the industry even though long term it’s going to hurt everyone (higher sub prices, lower quality games, less variety). So yes you’re going to have a worse time in the long run, and you’re failing to even realize it.

I'm an Xbox AND PlayStation gamer. There is a difference. I own and play both.

As for the rest, that all remains to be seen. There's no proof in regards to any of it whatsoever and no one knows how any of this will play out in the years and decades to come. If I have a worse time in a decade from now, I will say so but as of now, that's simply not happening.