Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I think if the Acquisition of Activision Blizzard gets approved for MS, then Sony will be forced to respond. It will be likely a publisher with a strong arm for mobile gaming and GaaS experience. I know I have said it a couple of times: the only publisher which fits the criteria are Square Enix.
Well, then I guess Jimbo and Hermen get the credit for killing Square Enix as well. Lets hope they put all their NFTs out before the inevitable happens.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Well, then I guess Jimbo and Hermen get the credit for killing Square Enix as well. Lets hope they put all their NFTs out before the inevitable happens.
I get the feeling that Square Enix will operate independently but with Sony’s saying for title exclusivity. They will operate with the Bungie model but becoming a 100% subsidiary of Sony Corporation.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I get the feeling that Square Enix will operate independently but with Sony’s saying for title exclusivity. They will operate with the Bungie model but becoming a 100% subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
I get the feeling I don't want current Sony to even touch SE or any other quality publisher until they get rid of this current leadership. This is so bad that I would not be surprised if it doesn't even stop at Jimbo and Hermen but goes to the very top of Sony.

Reactions: Dabaus

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
The most obvious candidates:

Demon's Souls - Bluepoint Games
Returnal - Housemarque

Firewall Ultra - First Contact Entertainment
Helldivers II - Arrowhead Game Studios

DS2 - Kojima Productions

Destruction AllStars - Lucid Games

Convallaria - Loong Force
Lost Soul Aside - Ultizero Games
Rise of the Ronin - Team Ninja
Stellar Blade - Shift Up

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
What exactly is BraviaCore?

Did they kill PStore's movies and shows to refund under this service like PSNow -> PS+ streaming?

Can Sony not just bring their highly rated shows and movies they spaff out to everyone else home to BraviaCore? They own loads of crap like the old Columbia pictures house iirc.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Might be the orchestra playing in the Microsoft theater ;)

Microsoft Theater hosts over 120 music, family, dance and comedy acts, award shows, televised productions, conventions and product launches with over 500,000 guests passing through the doors annually. The 7,100-seat theater offers guests mid-sized intimacy, with no seat further from the stage than 220 feet.

For your information: Microsoft doesn’t own that theatre, only the naming rights after they acquired Nokia back then.
This is the biggest theatre around L.A., which nearly every big events is being held there. Even the Summer Game Fest and Game Awards Show is hosted there lol. Even Sony uses it, and still it doesn’t benefit Microsoft at all. They just have rebranded it, not owning the building dude.

Also Microsoft uses Sony’s Mo Cap studio, just telling you. ;)

• brain
Reactions: Arminius and Zzero

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
I know my comment is ot
But do you guys think the price cut for ps5 ragnarok bundle will help ps5 win June npd 🤔

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
He saw Foamstars and just couldn't resist.
Maybe you partially right. Foamstars seeming to becoming a huge hit in especially Japan. The Japanese accounts users engaged a lot with Foamstars. Even the gaming outlets were excited about the little they could play. I think this game could become a surprise hit for both Sony and Square Enix.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Damn it even bested Zelda TotK in Japanese charts! 👀
This will be a huge week/month for PlayStation!
This is why Sony will buy them.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
PS5 category, how would Zelda be there?
Right didn’t see it, but still probably Japanese are now satisfied with Zelda. It was mor than a Month charting. I think the demand for Zelda is now for biggest part saturated.

And for your laughing reaction: See what Genki and other Japanese centred accounts on Twitter had to report about Foamstars. It will be success, if you like believe or not. This what Sony was lacking: A Japanese made and colourful MP game.

• Informative
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Right didn’t see it, but still probably Japanese are now satisfied with Zelda. It was mor than a Month charting. I think the demand for Zelda is now for biggest part saturated.

And for your laughing reaction: See what Genki and other Japanese centred accounts on Twitter had to report about Foamstars. It will be success, if you like believe or not. This what Sony was lacking: A Japanese made and colourful MP game.
I'm not laughing because I don't believe it, I'm laughing because I find it ridiculous that this of all games would be a success for SE.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings