Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| May the force **'k EA!

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
swj-survivor-featured-image-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1023w.jpg

Developer: Respawn Entertainment

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Director: Stig Asmussen

Engine: Unreal Engine 4

Platform: PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox Series X/S

Release: April 28, 2023

Genre: Action-adventure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/star-wars-jedi-survivor
https://opencritic.com/game/14199/star-wars-jedi-survivor
1.jpg

Note: Physical disc release requires extra download for a full install. Some trophies/achievements are known to be buggy. Performance mode is not recommended at the time of release.

• Shake
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75
OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Solid game so far content wise. No bugs yet, just a slowdown during a fight in quality mode which, since it's dropping from 30 fps it was extremely noticeable.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Why is the userscore 4.4? Just cause of performance at launch?

Just got the last stance, not too impressed since I dont like the Disney sequels or anything to do with them.

OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Leading GOTY candidate for me - a gem. Unfortunate that it will not be regarded as such by many due to unforced errors by EA's management, both on the physical disc drama and on the polish and bug/performance side (which were rather minor nuisances on PS5 at the very least). For me the game crashed 3 times, and had frame hiccups about 5 times total, around water when engaged in combat. Had to switch from Quality to Performance on the fight that shall not be named cause I was getting my ass kicked and sure enough the higher fps made the fight a relative breeze compared to the previous attempts.

Best single-player Star Wars game and story since, well, ever. Definitely recommend to anyone for keep on PS5. Can't say for other platforms which is reported to be running significantly worse. Vacuum score on PS5 - a solid 9.5.

Plat clean up should take me about a couple more days at most.

Edit: Lmao...

STAR-WARS-Jedi-Survivor-20230506030707.jpg

Last edited: