Telesto is broken (destiny community event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Okay, they made me laugh this time….

Here’s Paul Tassi’s vid on it to avoid reading wall of text

The exotic fusion rifle Telesto has been an engineering nightmare for Bungie.

Basically has to do with the weapons projectiles kinda being registered as enemies.

It’s bugged and broken the game so many times. It’s a meme. Bungie knows it’s a meme at this point too.

So they did the Meta commentary thing.

A community event has been datamined. It’s rolling out now but it’s still a mystery.

Basically equip telesto. It’s bugged as fuck. Its bolts start floating into the air and it’s smoking.

Eventually after using it a bit… a unique reload animation occurs. I then got “a new adventure available” prompt and no idea where the hell it is. (Seems hold reload to cue unique animation to slap it and “fix it”)

The greatest mystery was the game’s first mystery when the Whisper of the Worm Dungeon just showed up out of absolutely nowhere one weekend and instantly became the best thing in the game when it launched near the end of Year 1 of D2. (Still probably my favorite memory honestly). It saved the game back then along with things following it but that was the first big moment for the game.

Nothing has ever really reached it since. Well… Zero Hour did.

Last major community event IMO was the Corridors of Time maze. They did some other minor stuff too but nothing as unique as the first few.

I don’t expect this to be a dungeon or anything cool like that. But these mysteries are sure fun.

I have no idea what happens next. I’m just gonna wait. Not doing this… it’s like trying to find the triforce in OoT when people thought it was hidden. So I’ll just let content creators lose sleep over it.

Edit:

Possibly constellations???!!!

They will go that far. They have gone that far. Oh boy. This is where we just wait for smarter players to solve this.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Bryank75
P

peter42O

If the weapon is causing so many issues, why don't they just remove it from the game?

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
If the weapon is causing so many issues, why don't they just remove it from the game?

The issues come out of nowhere. Unrelated update… telesto is op. Fix. A year later… it happens in a totally different way. It doesn’t literally break the game; well balance and cheeses for a time sure.

It’s not like it stays broken. It’s just designed in a way that does funky stuff. There was a time it helped build super instantly just by shooting the floor. Or one season it just melts you in pvp.

They’ve removed weapons in D1 before, not D2. And now they can just lock things that are problematic until a fix is deployed. I’d also say its impact on game design itself is useful to them.

It’s always gonna happen. There’s always new things being done and messing things up. Sometimes it’s part of the fun.

I appreciate being trolled like this. Sorta fourth wall breaking and hilarious..

Fucking telesto man :ROFLMAO:

P

peter42O

The issues come out of nowhere. Unrelated update… telesto is op. Fix. A year later… it happens in a totally different way. It doesn’t literally break the game; well balance and cheeses for a time sure.

It’s not like it stays broken. It’s just designed in a way that does funky stuff. There was a time it helped build super instantly just by shooting the floor. Or one season it just melts you in pvp.

They’ve removed weapons in D1 before, not D2. And now they can just lock things that are problematic until a fix is deployed. I’d also say its impact on game design itself is useful to them.

It’s always gonna happen. There’s always new things being done and messing things up. Sometimes it’s part of the fun.

I appreciate being trolled like this. Sorta fourth wall breaking and hilarious..

Fucking telesto man :ROFLMAO:

So the weapon is meant to do all this weird shit randomly?

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Telesto is now sentient, hijacked bungies Twitter, and posting tik tok videos and fucking with third party stat trackers… I am not kidding. What the fuck!? 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣

Edit: I honestly think its Rasputin getting ready for next season. He’s supposed to actually get a body. This may be nothing… this may be a tease. This may be something.

Now they just fucking with us :/

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Insta-kill at crazy range. Immediate detonation and now tracking bolts like graviton lance … Lols

The saga continues …. Best pvp weapon. Telesto has broken crucible. This cannot will not last. Xur selling it you don’t have it. This is by design; just to break the game for the hell of it.

I just opened up discord … People are going absolutely ape shit in Trials right now over how OP and broken it is.

They did this shit on purpose. Breh, telesto will be 100% usage rate this weekend.

😂🤣

I’m gonna have to give this a spin myself. I guess I’ll pull off of Ragnarok for a minute. Let’s go the lighthouse 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.