The Callisto Protocol | New : Even More Leaked Gameplay

P

peter42O

Looks great!!! Will be my next game once I complete God of War Ragnarok.

D

Deleted member 13

Looks great!!! Will be my next game once I complete God of War Ragnarok.
You think this game will be a top contender?

As of now, we are looking at:

Elden Ring
Horizon : Forbidden West
GoW: R
Plauge : Requiem

I'd love to see another very popular game this year as we don't have many at all.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This game gates some kill types behind a season pass :LOL: hard pass for me now, and I was willing to buy it even if it's not my kind of game. Fuck em.

Reactions: Gediminas
P

peter42O

You think this game will be a top contender?

As of now, we are looking at:

Elden Ring
Horizon : Forbidden West
GoW: R
Plauge : Requiem

I'd love to see another very popular game this year as we don't have many at all.

I assume you mean for Game of the Year? Personally, my 2022 game of the year is already set with God of War Ragnarok. In general though, I believe that Elden Ring should win because researching the game, it's basically a BOTW Souls open world game meaning that for From Software, they went from wide linear to full fledged open world which is huge and they gave it the BOTW treatment where it's all about the exploration, freedom and sense of discovery while also being classic souls where as with GOWR, while I love it for the most part, it's literally more of the same and that same is excellent but it doesn't do anything unique, original or innovative for the franchise or for gaming. In all honesty and I have had this debate with Thicc, a lot of Sony's games are basically a Ubisoft formulaic game but with better polish, stories and characters.

As for the other two, I think Requiem will win some awards but end in third place behind Elden Ring and GOWR respectively. I really loved Requiem. Such a great freaking game but I wish they did a little more with the combat. It's mostly centered around stealth which I like but this should have just been mostly for the rats while the human enemies should have been more action combat oriented in my opinion as this was really my only major complaint and prevented me from giving the game a 9.0/10 overall. It's an 8.5/10 for me.

HFW was a 9.0/10 for me but I think in several ways, it doesn't do enough gameplay and combat wise and still feels like a Ubisoft game but without the free climbing and there's no underwater combat which was very disappointing because if AC Origins in 2017 can do both, why couldn't HFW? And AC Origins/Odyssey are bigger open world games than HFW.This will get some too but I think it finishes 4th.

As for The Callisto Protocol, I think it's going to be really good (my prediction is low 80's on Open Critic) and I think releasing before Dead Space (which I think will be better) and REmake4 (which I think wll be the best of the three) was a smart decision. Will probably get a few goty awards from various sites but that's pretty much it. I believe that it will be the sequel that truly makes the franchise a massive success.

2022 in general was underwhelming for me as I will only have 10 completed games for 2022 in regards to games released in 2022 -

1. GOWR - 9.5/10 (my 2022 goty)
2. Dying Light 2 - 9.0/10 (I loved this freaking game!!)
3. Horizon II: Forbidden West - 9.0/10
4. A Plague Tale Requiem - 8.5/10
5. Steel Rising - 8.5/10 (the only souls game I have ever completed because it allowed me to keep the "souls" after death)
6. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 8.0/10
7. Gotham Knights - 7.0/10 (will be the 10th game)

TBD - Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
TBD - Evil West (will be starting tomorrow!!!)
TBD - The Callisto Protocol (will play once I complete Evil West)

On paper, 2023 looks stacked and im expecting at least 20 games minimum for me personally that im expecting to complete.

Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 13

I assume you mean for Game of the Year? Personally, my 2022 game of the year is already set with God of War Ragnarok. In general though, I believe that Elden Ring should win because researching the game, it's basically a BOTW Souls open world game meaning that for From Software, they went from wide linear to full fledged open world which is huge and they gave it the BOTW treatment where it's all about the exploration, freedom and sense of discovery while also being classic souls where as with GOWR, while I love it for the most part, it's literally more of the same and that same is excellent but it doesn't do anything unique, original or innovative for the franchise or for gaming. In all honesty and I have had this debate with Thicc, a lot of Sony's games are basically a Ubisoft formulaic game but with better polish, stories and characters.

As for the other two, I think Requiem will win some awards but end in third place behind Elden Ring and GOWR respectively. I really loved Requiem. Such a great freaking game but I wish they did a little more with the combat. It's mostly centered around stealth which I like but this should have just been mostly for the rats while the human enemies should have been more action combat oriented in my opinion as this was really my only major complaint and prevented me from giving the game a 9.0/10 overall. It's an 8.5/10 for me.

HFW was a 9.0/10 for me but I think in several ways, it doesn't do enough gameplay and combat wise and still feels like a Ubisoft game but without the free climbing and there's no underwater combat which was very disappointing because if AC Origins in 2017 can do both, why couldn't HFW? And AC Origins/Odyssey are bigger open world games than HFW.This will get some too but I think it finishes 4th.

As for The Callisto Protocol, I think it's going to be really good (my prediction is low 80's on Open Critic) and I think releasing before Dead Space (which I think will be better) and REmake4 (which I think wll be the best of the three) was a smart decision. Will probably get a few goty awards from various sites but that's pretty much it. I believe that it will be the sequel that truly makes the franchise a massive success.

2022 in general was underwhelming for me as I will only have 10 completed games for 2022 in regards to games released in 2022 -

1. GOWR - 9.5/10 (my 2022 goty)
2. Dying Light 2 - 9.0/10 (I loved this freaking game!!)
3. Horizon II: Forbidden West - 9.0/10
4. A Plague Tale Requiem - 8.5/10
5. Steel Rising - 8.5/10 (the only souls game I have ever completed because it allowed me to keep the "souls" after death)
6. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 8.0/10
7. Gotham Knights - 7.0/10 (will be the 10th game)

TBD - Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
TBD - Evil West (will be starting tomorrow!!!)
TBD - The Callisto Protocol (will play once I complete Evil West)

On paper, 2023 looks stacked and im expecting at least 20 games minimum for me personally that im expecting to complete.
Thanks for the comments man. Nice impressions!

I think I'm going to get Callisto Protocol Day One. It looks very interesting to me and while Dead Space is a well-known franchise, I love playing new IPs.

P

peter42O

Thanks for the comments man. Nice impressions!

I think I'm going to get Callisto Protocol Day One. It looks very interesting to me and while Dead Space is a well-known franchise, I love playing new IPs.

Thank you and you're welcome. I have Callisto pre-ordered. I'm off next Friday and Saturday which is a surprise since I work in retail but I can get Callisto at launch and start playing the same day. Woohoo!! I will be pre-ordering Dead Space some time in December.

Reactions: Deleted member 13
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Embargo lifted on the day of Callisto Protocol launch

oh, man, reviews coming out on release date
🤦‍♂️

P

peter42O

Embargo lifted on the day of Callisto Protocol launch

oh, man, reviews coming out on release date

There is a 48 hour early access bonus if you buy the digital deluxe version on PS4/PS5 so maybe Wednesday? Doesn't sound good but there have been games to get reviewed on the day of release that turned out to be great. Sometimes, I think it's more about the publisher not sending out review codes early.

yeah. 10-12h. i wish it was longer. like around 15h for this type of game.

I think the length of the game will be determined by the difficulty level. On hard or higher difficulties, I think the game will go past 15 hours on the first playthrough.