The General Gaming-Industry [Thread]

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Hello there,

D7801F17-3886-451A-9A3B-69D32BBAEC0F.jpeg

I wanted to create a thread where you can post updates about any games on any platform, without being required to make every time a new thread. You can share your thoughts to announcements, discuss interviews related to the gaming industry, inform about updates for game releases etc. Or even just generally talk about gaming industry generally development.

I apologise if there’s already a thread existing like this, feel free to delete it if so. @BloodMod
If not would it be possible to mark it as a sticky thread? Thanks in advance^^

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
atelier ryza 3

Weebs rejoice, 84 on switch and 88 on PC.
To be honest this scored a lot higher than I thought it would, I was expecting mid 70s
Screenshot_20230324_195215.jpg

I played about an hour last night and I could tell the production was hampered by covid (audio mixing, could tell some of the voice actors weren't recording in studio and were probably sending in their lines from their home setup).

• party
Reactions: Zzero and Bryank75
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
atelier ryza 3

Weebs rejoice, 84 on switch and 88 on PC.
To be honest this scored a lot higher than I thought it would, I was expecting mid 70s
View attachment 878

I played about an hour last night and I could tell the production was hampered by covid (audio mixing, could tell some of the voice actors weren't recording in studio and were probably sending in their lines from their home setup).
Need to play Ryza & Ryza 2 first. But it’s on my list.^^

Coming to PS5!

Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just so it isn't buried in yesterday's Saudi Arabia thread. Today they announced the purchase of mobile developer Scopely for 4.9 billion dollars. Despite being worth more than Sega or Ubisoft I couldn't name a single one of their products, even after seeing them mentioned in the announcement.

• Informative
Reactions: Eternal_Wings
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Just so it isn't buried in yesterday's Saudi Arabia thread. Today they announced the purchase of mobile developer Scopely for 4.9 billion dollars. Despite being worth more than Sega or Ubisoft I couldn't name a single one of their products, even after seeing them mentioned in the announcement.
Thank God it’s not a publisher I care about.

Reactions: Zzero

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
And finally a release in 2024... after seven years o_O

China and also Korea will be so important to consoles in the future....especially in terms of development but my question is...do MSFT have any initiative in China or do they just do deals there on a case by case?

Maybe they are too busy or it's too political to get involved in gaming development there.... but it will hurt them in the long run if they don't.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
China and also Korea will be so important to consoles in the future....especially in terms of development but my question is...do MSFT have any initiative in China or do they just do deals there on a case by case?

Maybe they are too busy or it's too political to get involved in gaming development there.... but it will hurt them in the long run if they don't.
As it seems Sony is leading there. Neither Nintendo nor Microsoft have shown big ambitions to make a move in China/Korea. This is tbh. very smart by Sony to invest also in other regions. Asia is the next rising place gor many talents. I appreciate this Asia initiative!

• thisistheway
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
As it seems Sony is leading there. Neither Nintendo nor Microsoft have shown big ambitions to make a move in China/Korea. This is tbh. very smart by Sony to invest also in other regions. Asia is the next rising place gor many talents. I appreciate this Asia initiative!

Ironically many of the Xbox fanboys use PlayStations business partnerships / initiatives in China as some type of justification for acquisitions and saying that Sony is aligned politically with China... lots of stuff tinged with xenophobia IMO.