The General Gaming-Industry [Thread]

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Software sales are skyrocketing now the PS5 consoles becoming more available.
Sony is saving the gaming-industry. Developers should be careful if they want to backstab PlayStation.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
As it seems Sony is leading there. Neither Nintendo nor Microsoft have shown big ambitions to make a move in China/Korea. This is tbh. very smart by Sony to invest also in other regions. Asia is the next rising place gor many talents. I appreciate this Asia initiative!
Nintendo has had off and on involvement in China since the 90s. Their lack of willingness to give up control and port to PC or liscense to outside groups has "held them back" there but it also hasn't created any direct competitors the way that Blizzard and other liscensors have.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Could we get this forum linked in the sidebar?

Anyways....

Nintendo had an indie showcase today. As, seemingly, this forum's sole Nintendo fan it should fall to me to tell you all what was in it but I can't because I turned it off after the first two games lol. The state of the insider-connected indie community these days...

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Anyways....

Nintendo had an indie showcase today. As, seemingly, this forum's sole Nintendo fan it should fall to me to tell you all what was in it but I can't because I turned it off after the first two games lol. The state of the insider-connected indie community these days...
Dr. Bass also nintendo guy.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Anyways....

I would also still consider myself a Nintendo fan, even if it's my kid who mostly plays Switch and I barely ever have time to play anything but PlayStation.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Yes Harada is a Sony fan. 👀

Harada is a Sony fan^^

Vaio
(Aniplex) Spy x Family
Sony Inzone M9
Sony PS5

Continue Jin Kazama GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Gamesindustry.biz and IGN still don't have articles up on the Facebook layoffs.

Also, Atari just brought Accolade, if we were to randomly beam this news back to 1986 it would be a big deal.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Gamesindustry.biz and IGN still don't have articles up on the Facebook layoffs.

Also, Atari just brought Accolade, if we were to randomly beam this news back to 1986 it would be a big deal.

Bizarre, isn't it?!

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Alternately, gamesindustry.biz was far too busy writing diversity bullshit to report on the biz of the Games Industry.

• haha

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Alternately, gamesindustry.biz was far too busy writing diversity bullshit to report on the biz of the Games Industry.

Most sites are guilty of that.

One thing I can't criticize IGN too much for, even though I feel their management and senior members are too Xbox / PC aligned.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Most sites are guilty of that.

One thing I can't criticize IGN too much for, even though I feel their management and senior members are too Xbox / PC aligned.
I'm just pissed that they have that stuff as the lead news item seemingly every week when things like this can't even get a write-up. My old CEO was like that too in his monthly news letters, and then it turned out a few years later that all of the minority employees at HQ felt constantly discriminated against and all of his words actually had zero backing in regards to hiring, lol.

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm just pissed that they have that stuff as the lead news item seemingly every week when things like this can't even get a write-up. My old CEO was like that too in his monthly news letters, and then it turned out a few years later that all of the minority employees at HQ felt constantly discriminated against and all of his words actually had zero backing in regards to hiring, lol.

People that are loudest about such stuff usually have something to hide or some shame that they are trying to bury....

I guess they externalize that and feel everybody might be the way they once were / are etc.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Emberlab could be maybe next in line. 👀
Sony is tweeting all of a sudden about this game…