The Legend of Zelda Community [OT] Game of the Year

18 Jul 2022
The all thing everything, The Legend of Zelda gaming community thread. Where we can discuss about anything and everything Link related.
News, Rumors, Leaks, Speculation etc...

The Legend of Zelda is a high fantasy action-adventure video game franchise created by Japanese game designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka. It is primarily developed and published by Nintendo, although some portable installments and re-releases have been outsourced to Capcom, Vanpool, and Grezzo.

SI_Hub_Zelda_Portal_image1600w.jpg

-The Legend of Zelda
-Release date: FDS: February 21, 1986, NES: August 22, 1987, GBA: February 14, 2004
-Platforms: Famicom Disk System, Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy Advance

-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
-Release date: FDS: January 14, 1987, NES: September 26, 1988
-Platforms: Famicom Disk System, Nintendo Entertainment System
-Re-releases: GameCube: November 14, 2003, GBA: August 10, 2004

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
-Release date: November 21, 1991
-Platforms: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

-The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
-Release date: GB: June 6, 1993, GBC: December 12, 1998
-Platforms: Game Boy, Game Boy Color
-A high-definition remake for the Nintendo Switch was developed by Grezzo and released worldwide in 2019.

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Release date: N64: November 21, 1998, GC: November 28, 2002, IQP: November 18, 2003
-Platforms: Nintendo 64, GameCube, iQue Player
-An enhanced version of the game for the Nintendo 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, was released in 2011.

-The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
-Release date: N64: April 27, 2000, GC: November 7, 2003
-Platforms: Nintendo 64, GameCube
-An enhanced remake for the Nintendo 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, was released in 2015.

-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
-Release date: February 27, 2001
-Platforms: Game Boy Color

-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Release date: December 13, 2002
-Platforms: GameCube
-A HD remaster, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, was released for the Wii U in September 2013.

-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
-Release date: March 18, 2004
-Platforms: GameCube

-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
-Release date: November 4, 2004
-Platforms: Game Boy Advance

-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Release date: Wii: November 19, 2006, GC: December 2, 2006, NSTV: December 5, 2017
-Platforms: Wii, GameCube, Nvidia Shield TV
-A high-definition remaster for the Wii U, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, was released in March 2016.

-The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
-Release date: June 23, 2007
-Platforms: Nintendo DS

-The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
-Release date: December 7, 2009
-Platforms: Nintendo DS

-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
-Release date: Wii: November 18, 2011, Skyward Sword HD: July 16, 2021
-Platforms: Wii, Nintendo Switch

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Release date: November 22, 2013
-Platforms: Nintendo 3DS

-The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
-Release date: October 22, 2015
-Platforms: Nintendo 3DS

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Release date: March 3, 2017
-Platforms: Wii U, Nintendo Switch

-Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Honorable Mention):
Is a hack-and-slash video game developed by Omega Force.
The story, set 100 years before the events of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

-Release date: November 20, 2020
-Platforms: Nintendo Switch

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
-Release date: 2023
-Platforms: Nintendo Switch

ExpandKong

24 Jun 2022
Excited? What did you like most from the show?

New Fire Emblem is always cool even if the protag looks dumb as hell. Zelda of course. Lots of little stuff throughout that I can’t recall at the moment, honestly a pretty good Direct I thought.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Is this community dead? I wanted to take part of a community that is all about The Legend of Zelda :cry:

There are definitely some Nintendo fans here, I am a Nintendo fan but most of my focus is on PS....

But I started out on a NES and my favorite console was Gamecube.

Reactions: twinspectre

twinspectre

8 Jan 2023
cyberspace
It was bulletproof, had great games, such high quality and I loved the form-factor, sense of build quality and material, and the controller was unique and comfortable. So underrated.
I bought it for games like Resident Evil remake, Super smash bros melee, the legend of Zelda wind waker, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Luigi's mansion and for many more classics.

• fire

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I bought it for games like Resident Evil remake, Super smash bros melee, the legend of Zelda wind waker, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Luigi's mansion and for many more classics.

Yeah, I got it for Zelda too but then my friend got me into Resident Evil and I got all of the re-releases on there along with RE4 and I love MGS so I got Twin Snakes.

But It also became my console of choice for games like Soul Calibur and Rogue Squadron etc.

....and of course Smash Bros.

twinspectre

8 Jan 2023
cyberspace
Yeah, I got it for Zelda too but then my friend got me into Resident Evil and I got all of the re-releases on there along with RE4 and I love MGS so I got Twin Snakes.

But It also became my console of choice for games like Soul Calibur and Rogue Squadron etc.

....and of course Smash Bros.
Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel strike what a gem, I had a blast playing vs mode against my brother.

• party

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel strike what a gem, I had a blast playing vs mode against my brother.

Yes... I used to play it with my bro too.

I also used to play Jedi Outcast or Academy at my friends house (He had a GC too) and it was hilarious.... in the Death Star jumping up and force pushing each other into the abyss! lol

So much fun!

• they're_right_you_know

twinspectre

8 Jan 2023
cyberspace
Yes... I used to play it with my bro too.

I also used to play Jedi Outcast or Academy at my friends house (He had a GC too) and it was hilarious.... in the Death Star jumping up and force pushing each other into the abyss! lol

So much fun!
Never had these games :( but I can imagine the fun

twinspectre

8 Jan 2023
cyberspace
I didn't have them either...until I got Academy on PC in the last few years...

But my friend was an only child and seemed to get every game...ever. lol
Sadly where I live Gamecube's games were difficult to find, since a system like PS2 had more fanbase therefore games were more easly available on the store shelves.

• brain

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sadly where I live Gamecube's games were difficult to find, since a system like PS2 had more fanbase therefore games were more easly available on the store shelves.

Yeah, it was the same here... and GC slowly shrank in every shop / store. I didn't even buy much online back then so the options were limited.