The Lego and Technic Collectors and Builders Thread

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The Tallneck will be placed in the top row once it's finished. Still unsure about sets for the bottom row.

Screenshot-20220623-115700-2.png

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Oh you have the NES Lego set, looks awesome. Worth it?

Take long to make?

Yes it's really cool to build and took a bit, mostly because the "screen" has many tiny pieces. Also love the "easter egg" (won't spoil it) hidden in the console.

But the ? block is amazing, too. Lot of cool little details and love how it can be closed.

Would love something similar to both from Sony. Hope the Horizon set is successful enough to make them consider new ones.

With enough time and patience, I would give it a try myself to create a Shadow of the Colossus one, using the LEGO creator. But I lack both 😂

• fire
Reactions: rofif and Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yes it's really cool to build and took a bit, mostly because the "screen" has many tiny pieces. Also love the "easter egg" (won't spoil it) hidden in the console.

But the ? block is amazing, too. Lot of cool little details and love how it can be closed.

Would love something similar to both from Sony. Hope the Horizon set is successful enough to make them consider new ones.

With enough time and patience, I would give it a try myself to create a Shadow of the Colossus one, using the LEGO creator. But I lack both 😂

Yeah, you're right a SOTC one would be incredible and I would love a Thunderjaw one too.

Reactions: arvfab

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Do you enjoy building things with Lego or Technic?

Do you collect Lego or Technic sets?

Share with us your collection, your pick-ups and what you have built!

I recently bought this...

Yeah I wanna get the Tallneck one! Looks super cool. Hope they do more of Horizons robot-dinos.

• party
Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Tallneck is finished. It is a really nice set and fairly "inexpensive", compared to other similar sized sets.

Now I'm a bit undecided how to fill the remaining spaces in my showcase. There is a small Groot set I'm interested in, but I think that one is quickly built.

I've been also eyeing the Optimus Prime one, because of how it can "transform", but I'm neither a cars nor a huge vehicles Transformer fan (would've liked it more if it was of the Beast Wars type).

Also the Ecto-1 with the Afterlife movie "updates" is pretty interesting, but again, not that big of a Ghostbusters fan to "waste" space for a possible future gaming related set.

The Sonic set looks too boring.

Any suggestions or do you know any interesting upcoming sets?

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I had some cool technic in the 90s and I always built technic as a kid.
I found all that on my grandmothers attic last year and built it all!
As for modern stuff, I am going pretty light so far.
I really love that bonsai tree(100 hundred pink forgs !!!!, the small technic motorcycle is best bang for buck ever and WIFE GOT THE ME WORLD MAP FOR CHRISTMASS. This thins is like 11k pieces! I hang it on the wall behind me on the pic. The kitchen door cover half of it but it's OK.
I also got some lego technic crane. Looking to get more this year. Maybe Lego Lighthouse.
I am a bit bummed out I missed out on lego ship in a bottle !

b3EC1HY.jpg

f8yqbb6.jpg

jt3jyAI.jpg

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well Nintendo + LEGO decided to give me a new possible choice for next set:

Now it's either this or this one I've found yesterday:

If I had more space, I would also consider this one:

Damn, that Bowser is INCREDIBLE!!!

I love it.

What is the incredible price though? haha

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yeah, was thinking it would be pricey enough. It's still a huge piece of Lego though.

Would look fantastic in a display.
I think it's priced fairly for the set size. In comparison, the Tallneck is ~15 ct/pcs.

I need to check if it fits beside my Tallneck or better, beside my ?-block.

EDIT: It doesn't fit...

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75