The Uncharted Series is Being Rebooted, Leaker Claims

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Id be keen on a Sully story. 60s/70s setting, cream of the crop script and characters, Next Gen mind blowing visuals.

What more is needed?
A political environment where people don't get crucified for making a game starring a white, straight male, let alone a tail-chasing horndog like Victor Sullivan!

Reactions: Yurinka

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
A political environment where people don't get crucified for making a game starring a white, straight male, let alone a tail-chasing horndog like Victor Sullivan!
True, they would need to be committed to an era of cigarettes and butt slaps or don’t bother.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty
P

peter42O

Damn. I don't want a reboot. I want Lost Legacy 2 damn it!!!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don't care if it's a prequel, but I want Nate to be the main character. And if possible the real one played by Nolan North, not a Tom Holland looking redesign.

Sounds like it's becoming playstation's halo, not a bad thing I guess.
Lost Legacy, a spinoff without the main character didn't perform as well regarding sales and reviews, but the normal games performed great in sales and reviews, being the most recent main game the best selling one, and the movie is performing very well. Unlike Halo, Uncharted continues being relevant at the top level.

Id be keen on a Sully story. 60s/70s setting, cream of the crop script and characters, Next Gen mind blowing visuals.

What more is needed?
It would be great, but I think the current ND wouldn't allow it unless Sully is now a non-white Abby with mustache who fights the patriarchy or something like that. xD

Sully is white, male, cis and heterosexual. And that seems that the current Naughty Dog and more people at Sony doesn't want to have them as main characters. For them the woke propaganda and being politically correct is more important than keeping their iconic and beloved characters and stay true to their IPs. Which is sad. Hell, now even Kratos can't be angry and kill gods or see boobs. And Nate has to feel bad for killing the bad dudes shooting at him. Man, these games are power fantasies and there's nothing wrong on killing a hundred pixelated fake cartoon characters. C'mon, it's only a videogame and that is going to be played by adults.

If Nate isn't the main protagonist of the game, I'd love to have Sully. But looking at Lost Legacy, TLOU2 and the daughter, I bet that there won't be a male protagonist unless the girl transitions into a skoliosexual trans male during the game or something like that.

Looking at the performance of Lost Legacy, the controversies with the TLOU2 'surprises' that people found after having bought the game and how the Thieves Collection performed at least in PC, I'm affraid that many fans may have moved away from ND, or at least this recent one. I think ND has to make sure they don't lose -or bring back- a good chunk of their fanbase by going back to what did work best for them.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sequels changes gameplay if they wants… it even change genres.

Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, Metroid Prime, Doom 3, Resident Evil 4, Fallout 3, Zelda: Adventure of Link, Street Fighter, PAC-Man 2, etc etc etc.

While it is not the norm… it happens a lot.

Edit - How could I forget Resident Evil 7.

Metroid Prime was also a reboot. Hell, so is RE4. So is RE7.

To be fair, nearly every IP that transitioned from 2d to 3d is a reboot. Even if the stories are connected.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Remake of U1 would be decent. U1 needs it.
But Id rather take a semi open world Nathans Daughter sequel

None done by Naughty Dog’s main team, they should be outsourced or a new team. We need a New IP from the main team at Naughty Dog

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Nothing worse than replacing a series main character with someone we’re told to like. Never has it ever worked … absolutely ever. Locke, Raiden… all trash.

They can go ahead and try but they’ll pay the price when no one gives a shit and it flops.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Metroid Prime was also a reboot. Hell, so is RE4. So is RE7.

To be fair, nearly every IP that transitioned from 2d to 3d is a reboot. Even if the stories are connected.
The story are not just connected… they are the continuation of the story.

Reboot is a new start without any relation with past titles… in reboot you have a new timeline of story like an alternative universe.

I did not play Metroid Prime so I can’t be accurate about it but both RE4 and RE7 are direct sequels… they follow the story events of previous games.

Tomb Raider 2013 is a reboot… it starts everything again.
In Movies you can see that with Spider-Man Homecoming… even if the mess concept of Multiverse put somehow the Spider-Man movies together they are essentially a different timeline with different story, events and characters… that is a reboot.

Movies has so many reboots… films from 19xx that got rebooted in 20xx.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Reboot is a new start without any relation with past titles… in reboot you have a new timeline of story like an alternative universe.

See below

Rebooting within the continuity is a thing, more seen in comics than movies, and is usually called a "soft reboot". Going back to the beginning and starting a new continuity is a "hard reboot".

Such an example would be Halloween (2018), which is a reboot of the series that keeps the continuity from Halloween II.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
See below

Such an example would be Halloween (2018), which is a reboot of the series that keeps the continuity from Halloween II.
The new Halloweens ignore everything after the original movie. II didn't happen in the new continuity. Also, the new movies suck ass through a dirty straw.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
See below

Halloween is indeed an example of reboot.
It ignores everything from past movies and start all over again… it basically create an alternative timeline (you can think like a multiverse of original timeline).

That is the opposite of what GoW 2018 do.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The new Halloweens ignore everything after the original movie. II didn't happen in the new continuity. Also, the new movies suck ass through a dirty straw.

They ignore everything after the second movie no? I could bet it was after 2.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Halloween is indeed an example of reboot.
It ignores everything from past movies and start all over again… it basically create an alternative timeline (you can think like a multiverse of original timeline).

That is the opposite of what GoW 2018 do.

No it doesn't.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They ignore everything after the second movie no? I could bet it was after 2.
Nope, they just said Michael was in a coma for years in the movies themselves, and Danny McBride and his writing partner have said that only the original is part of the new canon. Halloween II was crap anyway, and really had next to zero plot anyway.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Satoru

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
You have also have the term soft reboot. Disney Wars is that thru and thru. All three movies copied the original 3 shamelessly. Then again, the Disney wars trilogy killed Star Wars and are soulless designed by committee abominations so there’s that.

It’s semantics. Defining this in gaming is a bit more nebulous because you can rework gameplay and genre completely and still stay in continuity.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
You have also have the term soft reboot. Disney Wars is that thru and thru. All three movies copied the original 3 shamelessly. Then again, the Disney wars trilogy killed Star Wars and are soulless designed by committee abominations so there’s that.

It’s semantics. Defining this in gaming is a bit more nebulous because you can rework gameplay and genre completely and still stay in continuity.
Andor is good, check it out

Reactions: PropellerEar

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

The most galling thing about the sequel trilogy is that there was already an excellent follow-up trilogy in the Heir to the Empire trilogy of novels by Alan Dean Foster, and the first thing they did when Disney bought Lucasfilm was to declare everything but the movies non-canon, then proceed to come up with the dumbest premise possible in order to make a bad rehash of the original trilogy instead of just adapting what they already had on paper.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Reboot would be Naughty Dog begging for a bomb. They could get away with a lot just by the sheer quality they push out but the story and character having a redo will get big time flak. Smells BS to me anyway.