The Witcher 3 Next Gen Update Details and Trailer.

D

Deleted member 13

really looking forward to getting back to this sometime in the future, especially with those DLC's i never played.

There is also Dual sense implemented i think.
Same here.. I still haven't beaten any of the DLC.

Reactions: Sircaw

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I don't think the update looks "amazing" by today's standards, BUT it does look substantially improved and it's FREE. That's the key part, free. They didn't need to do this, yet they did (probably to get some goodwill back) and we should praise it.

Edit - There's a part in the trailer where you can see those RT reflections in water and it looks really good there (I think that's RT anyway, looks super accurate and clean when compared with SSR)

1:26 here

Reactions: Sircaw
D

Deleted member 13

They finally normalized their lighting equation!! Sheesh! I can't stand those GI light probes in games.

Looks like they took the revamped lighting pipeline from Cyberpunk and integrated it into the W3 graphics engine.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They finally normalized their lighting equation!! Sheesh! I can't stand those GI light probes in games.

Looks like they took the revamped lighting pipeline from Cyberpunk and integrated it into the W3 graphics engine.

Yeah, it looks similar. Do you know what Engine they use? Is it proprietary?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

what is happening here? :D it looks like a downgrade?

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Ok update from the looks of it. Plat on PS and played it on PC at max settings so I've thoroughly had my fill of this game at different time intervals. Should be great for folks on console touching it for the first time. The graphics held up decently, and should do so now even more. It's stuff like this that got them good rep and they know that clearly as they're trying to rebuild trust and mindshare for the next game, and "supposed" remake of earlier entries.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Ok update from the looks of it. Plat on PS and played it on PC at max settings so I've thoroughly had my fill of this game at different time intervals. Should be great for folks on console touching it for the first time. The graphics held up decently, and should do so now even more. It's stuff like this that got them good rep and they know that clearly as they're trying to rebuild trust and mindshare for the next game, and "supposed" remake of earlier entries.
Agree here. This is sort of a peace offering if you will.

Reactions: arvfab

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Well. there was more effort placed on the OG XBONE and the Series X for the launch Witcher 3 and the enhanced port to Series X, PS4/PRO got the second class citizen treatment both times, hopefully the third time is not the charm, it would be too glaring since PS5 has so many features they would need to focus on for a good port, like the faster SSD, the dual sense etc....
That glosses over things, as it relates to the PS4 Pro situation.

CD Projekt RED was asked about improvements for the PS4 version to take advantage of the Pro when it was coming out. They said it was impossible for them to do anything. MS announces the One X, and CD Project announces a patch before the hardware is even shipped, and eventually says that maybe doing a patch for PS4 Pro is possible after all.

They really should change their name to CD Project Green after that, and the whole Witcher II console situation, but that is another story.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: thelastword

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
That glosses over things, as it relates to the PS4 Pro situation.

CD Projekt RED was asked about improvements for the PS4 version to take advantage of the Pro when it was coming out. They said it was impossible for them to do anything. MS announces the One X, and CD Project announces a patch before the hardware is even shipped, and eventually says that maybe doing a patch for PS4 Pro is possible after all.

They really should change their name to CD Project Green after that, and the whole Witcher II console situation, but that is another story.

Money talks. Geopolitics, believe it or not, also affect a lot how Polish dev studios cater. It's generalized for post-Soviet Warsaw pact member states, but specially the Poles. MS sprinkles fairy dust on the thirsty (partnerships, money et al), the thirsty know who to cater to. It's a simple quid pro quo. Sony wants equal treatment? Spread the dough.... like the "China Hero Project". That's the world we live in.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Bryank75