Tlou almost had dlc about Ellies mom

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
More lore and backstories are never a bad thing in a character driven game.
Exactly.

They have plenty of opportunities to expand the franchise.
  • Story about Ellie's mom and involvement with the Fireflies
  • Prequel set just after the apocalypse
  • Prequel set in the years before TLOU PT 1
  • Sequel to TLOU PT 2
I would love a prequel and a sequel. That would be the sweet spot for me

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Part 2 could use a DLC
I'd disagree. The Last of Us 2 was such a long game that thought it was about end any moment, but nope there was always more. The part where you head to California, I was convinced that that was a cockease for DLC or Part 3. But no, it was still part of the game lol.

Just bring on TLOU 3 now or do a side story for Joel that's a Standalone before the event of TLOU 1. That would be interesting.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Part 2 could use a DLC
IMO I don't think so.

TLOU has a begin, middle and ending very much perfect.
TLOU2 has a begin, middle and ending very much perfect.

So it is really is more a sequel than just a DLC.
When you look at each game individually they are complete.

It is different from (controversial) the new GoW.

GoW has a begin and middle perfect but the ending is like a end of episode of TV Shows... like the end of The Lord of The Rings first movie.
When you put together GoW and GoW Ragnarok they complete each other... the end of GoW become the begin of Ragnarok and the real end is the ending of Ragnarok.
It become a complete package with begin, middle and ending.

That is why a lot of people have the feeling of Ragnarok being a DLC.
While TLOU2 always felt complete by it own.

If you launch TLOU + TLOU2 as a single game the impact won't be the same... because it will make the TLOU ending really less important.
If you launch GoW + GoW Ragnarok as a single game the impact will be the same... because the GoW is not impacted by that... in fact both together will be even a better game overall as complete package (imagine old RPGs with the normal world and in the middle the world of ruins... GoW should be the normal world and after the middle the Frostbringer world.