Valve announces Counter-Strike 2, coming Summer 2023

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

header_ctt.png
2i6gh6j9ibpa1.jpg

How do I gain access to the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Players are selected based on a number of factors deemed important by the Counter-Strike 2 development team, including (but not limited to) recent playtime on Valve official servers, trust factor, and Steam account standing.

How do I know if I've been selected for the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
If you are chosen to participate in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test you will receive a notification on the main menu of CS:GO.

If you receive an invitation select "ENROLL" and begin your download. When the download is complete launch CS:GO and select the "Limited Test" option to play the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test.

How often are players added to the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
More players will be added to the Limited Test over time. Keep checking your CS:GO main menu to see if you have received an invite.

How long will the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test last?
Counter-Strike 2 is expected to ship Summer 2023.

Please visit the Counter-Strike blog for up-to-date information on the limited test and future announcements.

What features are in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Initially the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test will offer Deathmatch and Unranked Competitive matchmaking on Dust2.

Future limited test releases will offer other game modes, maps, and features.

I'm in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test! How do I report bugs?
If you encounter bugs during the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test please send an email to cs2team [at] valvesoftware [dot] com and title your email "CS2LT Report".

In the body of your email please include a detailed description of the bug, reproduction steps, and any screenshots or other helpful information so the Counter-Strike 2 team may investigate.

Can I use my CS:GO inventory items in Counter-Strike 2?
Yes. All of your weapon finishes, stickers, and other CS:GO inventory items will be available to use in Counter-Strike 2. Please report any inventory item and weapon finish bugs you encounter using the previoulsy mentioned bug report process.

Can I modify my inventory items during the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
No. During the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test players cannot modify inventory items within Counter-Strike 2. This includes applying stickers, scraping stickers, using Trade Up Contracts, and other ways players can modify their in-game items.

If you would like to modify your items you will need to do so in CS:GO.

Can I still play CS:GO while the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test is happening?
Yes. Please note, you will only play with and against other players playing the same version of Counter-Strike as you.

Counter-Strike 2 players will play with and against other Counter-Strike 2 players, and CS:GO players will play with and against other CS:GO players.

Can I earn XP in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Yes. XP in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test counts and will carry over to CS:GO.

Can I stream or make videos of the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Yes.

Can I run or play on workshop maps in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Not initially. Stay tuned to the CS:GO blog for information about workshop map availability.

Can I run or play on community servers during the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Not initially. Stay tuned to the CS:GO blog for information about community server availability.

I was banned in CS:GO. Can I use the same Steam account to play Counter-Strike 2?
No. Accounts with VAC or game bans in CS:GO cannot play Counter-Strike 2 on VAC-secured servers.

Are competitive cooldowns shared across Counter-Strike 2 and CS:GO?
Yes. If you have a competitive cooldown in CS:GO you cannot matchmake in Counter-Strike 2 and vice versa.

Can I participate in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test on Linux or macOS?
No. The Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test is only available on Windows.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb
D

Deleted member 417

Honestly, it looks terrible. It just looks like a generic, bland, COD/Battlefield shooter.

I know I am alone in this, but I dislike how messy online games have become. Shrubbery, trees, loads of boxes and shit knocking about for now reason. I like the bland, straight-lines of defined walls and edges in games like CS:S.

All of the clutter in online games changes the tactics from gunplay and skill, to finding a ledge to peep out of and shoot people. It has really changed the dynamic of online shooters.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Honestly, it looks terrible. It just looks like a generic, bland, COD/Battlefield shooter.

I know I am alone in this, but I dislike how messy online games have become. Shrubbery, trees, loads of boxes and shit knocking about for now reason. I like the bland, straight-lines of defined walls and edges in games like CS:S.

All of the clutter in online games changes the tactics from gunplay and skill, to finding a ledge to peep out of and shoot people. It has really changed the dynamic of online shooters.
It always was generic

• angry
Reactions: Deleted member 417