What have you been reading?

EDMIX

Its hard for me to find new things to read so I often re-read a lot of classics lol

Recently got into a debate over Harry Potter in terms of how the world was treated and formed etc and decided to re-read Harry Potter (twas a classic read)

Finished Red Dragon and in the middle of Strangers On A Train. Read a friends novel to give a summary and boy...that shit was SCATHING lol I WENT IN! A part of me wanted to tell them they did a good job, but after talking about it with another friend, they needed to hear the truth and the most respectful thing I can do is go give them my honest view. All sorts of shit was wrong like the character being one of those "i can do no wrongs" types, the world felt like it was a cartoon from the WB during the 90's, yet people still got killed in it and some characters where over sexualized and I marked up that whole fucking PDF lol Several times I had to say "who the fuck is this written for?" They took the criticism well and are re-writing it and I feel much better giving them the truth.

Surprisingly, I'm not currently reading any graphic novel but I have my own pile of shame I should really get to lol

Reactions: Deleted member 38
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Just finished Leviathan Falls, the last volume in The Expanse saga. It's on a whole another level, just like the TV show which is just as amazing.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Im about to finish the last book in the harry potter series. I was always a fan of the movies and read the first two books in my childhood, but since we are getting Howgarts Legacy soon I decided to read all the books :coffee:

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Im about to finish the last book in the harry potter series. I was always a fan of the movies and read the first two books in my childhood, but since we are getting Howgarts Legacy soon I decided to read all the books :coffee:
I have never read the books, watched some of the movies, i liked the first couple but grew bored of them, there was a particulate since set in a maze with lots of snow, i fell asleep, need to read them to see how they compare

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
I have never read the books, watched some of the movies, i liked the first couple but grew bored of them, there was a particulate since set in a maze with lots of snow, i fell asleep, need to read them to see how they compare

I'll say give them a shot, but of couse im biased haha. You can read them really fast, and the first ones are clearly for children, but they get darker and darker with each installment.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Screen-Shot-2023-01-17-at-12-10-30-PM.png

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I recently picked up JoJolion again, after not reading it for a little over 3 years. I've been reading the colored fan translation on a website and when I first started reading it in 2019, they didn't have too many chapters available - maybe 20ish? It's now finished, so I decided to come back to it. To say I left off right before it started getting good was an understatement! I'm now around chapter 50ish and I'm really loving it. It just might be the best JoJo part yet, and that's coming from someone who really enjoyed Steel Ball Run. Hopefully JoJoLands will be just as good!

Reactions: EDMIX