What IP should PlayStation revive?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think Resistance was a victim of the slow PS3 growth, Playstation fans who were not yet "accustomed" to FPS games at that time and Microsoft's media bias.
Lol, what? That was the golden era of FPS on consoles, they were everywhere.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Out of those in the tweet SOCOM, Syphon Filter and Order 1886.

But my real answer is wipeout.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Wipeout is awesome, loved the collection on PS4 but it woulda been great to get something new and something now made for VR.
It would have been nice if the collection had covered more than just the PSP games. Even adding the 2049 tracks like they added the Pulse and Pure tracks to 2049 on Vita would have been nice.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I want brand new Wipeout and Motorstorm (both VR compatibe but not VR exclusive) and Syphon Filter.

Maybe they could make a new IP that would merge Wipeout, Motorstorm and Jet Moto in a single universe.

I'd also buy Devolver or Annapurna and I'd let them make Loco Roco or Parappa sequels with some talented indie team who really loves these IPs.

Reactions: PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I never cared for Wipeout, Motorstorm would be cool though.

Killzone followed with Resistance would be top choices.

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
Bloodborne, Gravity Daze, Siren.

hfelmd1iawm8lsdndn0b.jpg

8gMfG254ZLpd4zllVN6lpETb.png

Forbidden_Siren_1.jpg

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Sly Cooper cause reasons... to see sworn rival and eternal enemy Ratchet and Clank get all the love breaks my heart.

On a more serious tone.... Castlevania, Megaman (preferably X/origin story mixed) and Contra. All 3D and AAAA.

Studio competences of Sony's first party is mostly lacking for those games however. But third party could work. Fromsoftware/Bluepoint for Castlevania.

Platinum Games with Vanquish, and Housemarque with Returnal have working blueprints of sorts for both Megaman and Contra respectively. Gears basically being an even better blueprint for Contra - without the god awful controls, pace and animations obviously - something Housemarque's returnal is much better at, as is the gunplay and a hypothetical contra gunplay. Gears however nails a similar story synopsis with a dudebro cast fighting a similar invasion crises - the look, spectacle and setpieces if you will - the world overall...... even the choppers are Contra choppers.

Vanquish is literally Mega man without Mega man. What a gem of a game for the budget.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Sly Cooper cause reasons... to see sworn rival and eternal enemy Ratchet and Clank get all the love breaks my heart.

On a more serious tone.... Castlevania, Megaman (preferably X/origin story mixed) and Contra. All 3D and AAAA.

Studio competences of Sony's first party is mostly lacking for those games however. But third party could work. Fromsoftware/Bluepoint for Castlevania.

Platinum Games with Vanquish, and Housemarque with Returnal have working blueprints of sorts for both Megaman and Contra respectively. Gears basically being an even better blueprint for Contra - without the god awful controls, pace and animations obviously - something Housemarque's returnal is much better at, as is the gunplay and a hypothetical contra gunplay. Gears however nails a similar story synopsis with a dudebro cast fighting a similar invasion crises - the look, spectacle and setpieces if you will - the world overall...... even the choppers are Contra choppers.

Vanquish is literally Mega man without Mega man. What a gem of a game for the budget.
Sony pays third parties to make new entries in a different third party's long dead/dormant franchises, with radically different gameplay styles.... yeah 0 percent chance there.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Jak n Daxter.
Sly
Resistance
Killzone
Socom done properly
Ico
Dark Cloud

Platformers, JRPG, unique game (Ico ) and shooters. What the PS platform needs.

EN250

17 Feb 2023
.Gimme Resistance Trilogy but with the color pallete or filter from the 3rd game, 1st one is all shades of black/grey/brown/white it hurt my eyes, 2nd is the same with some green/yellow added to the bunch 😅

.Gimme MotorStorm Collection with qol features that won't make the games a chore to play when doing so for extended times

.Gimme KZ2 + Multiplayer, don't even need a remake/remaster, just a basic port and I'm satisfied, I want to hear the *chirp* every time I down someone on Radec's Academy like I used to do :cry: (same for the U2+U3 MP)

.This one would be impossible but f*ck, let me dream a full remake of the inFAMOUS games, love that franchise so much

Other than those, the PS2 Ratchets + Future trilogy with the same graphics as the last one would be amazing, but not gonna happen

Reactions: Deleted member 417
24 Jun 2022
I’d love to see a new Omega Boost and more Motor Toon Grand Prix.

Imagine what Motor Toon could look like on the PS5!

Omega Boost was a technical marvel on PS1 and quite good for something outside of a sim racer from Polyphony. Would've liked to see them do a sequel on PS2 but I guess with Zone of the Enders, Sony didn't want Polyphony making something that'd be considered similar if a 3P already has an alternative that's exclusive anyway (or was for a good while).

Either a new Motor Toon or PS kart racer with that type of engine would be cool, too.