What is the deal with the Xbox series s? No one is buying it?

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
It's just a bad product, only the most casual and uniformed people buy it (only to regret it).

Digital only, low storage(that you can't expand without getting ripped off), heavilly compromised hardware, Xbox One S retro, basic featureless gamepad that requires AA batteries, no exclusive games.
My kids don't regret the Series S, I enjoy my X, I do most of my gaming on my PS5 at the moment but that's usually the case. Everybody has their own opinions and gaming needs. I'm terrible at online games, my eyesight is getting bad because I'm older, my reflexes are slower, and I enjoy the storylines of single player third person games which PS5 has many of. My kids play Fortnite and Apex , it's what it is.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
My kids don't regret the Series S, I enjoy my X, I do most of my gaming on my PS5 at the moment but that's usually the case. Everybody has their own opinions and gaming needs. I'm terrible at online games, my eyesight is getting bad because I'm older, my reflexes are slower, and I enjoy the storylines of single player third person games which PS5 has many of. My kids play Fortnite and Apex , it's what it is.
You'd hope that if your kids din't like the Series S they wouldn't tell you that. Why are we basing the quality of a product on what kids that don't know any better think? That's just coping.

The PS5 or even the Series X are just much better products and easily worth the additional price of 3 day one games.

It is what it is, the Series S is a disaster. 99% of people would enjoy a PS5 with PS+ more than a Series S with Gamepass.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
You buy a system as a long term investment. Series S is weak out the gate, making it less appealing. Also a value box in electronics is risky, customers in that market will pay premiums for brand name and quality.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think I'm starting to need some rest glasses for reading on phones.
For games or reading physical books it is fine yet.
But it is not like it used to be :D

BTW did you give your kids option? Or just brought for them the Series S? Because any kid will like to win a console no matter which but it doesn't mean it will be their first choice.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
You'd hope that if your kids din't like the Series S they wouldn't tell you that. Why are we basing the quality of a product on what kids that don't know any better think? That's just coping.

The PS5 or even the Series X are just much better products and easily worth the additional price of 3 day one games.

It is what it is, the Series S is a disaster. 99% of people would enjoy a PS5 with PS+ more than a Series S with Gamepass.
They're kids they like whatever has roblox and apex and fortnite. They are 7 and 9, I don't think they are coping with anything. Some people like they're S. Who cares what someone else likes ?

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
I think I'm starting to need some rest glasses for reading on phones.
For games or reading physical books it is fine yet.
But it is not like it used to be :D

BTW did you give your kids option? Or just brought for them the Series S? Because any kid will like to win a console no matter which but it doesn't mean it will be their first choice.
Sorry if my typing is bad. I don't post much, just when I have a moment or 2. My apologies. I purchased the S for them because I already have a X and PS5, Switch etc, and I wanted something they can have in their room and if it breaks or gets destroyed it's not the end of the world. Just because it may not be their first choice doesn't mean they don't like it. I'm sure they would love a swimming pool, or a badass dirtbike but they get the kiddie pool and a big wheel and they're happy. THEY ARE KIDS!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They're kids they like whatever has roblox and apex and fortnite. They are 7 and 9, I don't think they are coping with anything. Some people like they're S. Who cares what someone else likes ?
You seem to care. As I've said, I'm not about to base my opinion about the quality of a product on what someone else's kids think about it, specially when those kinds probably didn't even chose the Series S.

I know that I as a kid or as an ancient old man would much rather have a PS5 over a Series S.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sorry if my typing is bad. I don't post much, just when I have a moment or 2. My apologies. I purchased the S for them because I already have a X and PS5, Switch etc, and I wanted something they can have in their room and if it breaks or gets destroyed it's not the end of the world. Just because it may not be their first choice doesn't mean they don't like it. I'm sure they would love a swimming pool, or a badass dirtbike but they get the kiddie pool and a big wheel and they're happy. THEY ARE KIDS!

Tell Adam he is unbanned if you talk to him..

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Another interesting thing about the Series S is that when it comes time to upgrade the Series S owner is more likely to got with a PS5 over a Series X because Gamepass doesn't tie you to the console as you don't own anything.

Gamepass loses appeal/value the longer you have it, because you play the games you want then and then you just fall into that situation where each month you need to hope they add enough you are interested in playing to justify the $15.

The Series S is just poorly thought out on every level. Console sales should never be about baiting the uninformed into buying your console because it's cheap. Plenty of these Series S will go inactive pretty soon and the prices of a used one is already sub $200.
The used ones have been pretty cheap for a while where I live... That tells you most of what you need to know as far as desirability goes.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You should be happy that their standards are so low.

• haha

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
That by itself is not true too.

Living room usually have the bigger TVs in the home plus people seat far away from TV (for comfort and to give space to more people).

So in living room is the worst place for a Series S… it is the place you want more resolution and sharper IQ first that is exactly what Series X is.

I really don’t see any good reason to buy Series S except you are really low economically and even so can’t you wait some more months saving to buy a Series X? 4-5 months saving $50 will get you there 🤷‍♂️
Or you can buy it in a Shop now Pay later apps in 3 or 4 installments at no extra cost. I really don't see the value of this $150 saving which gives you a console with 1/3 the resolution, ps3 gen textures and 30 fps.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm really surprised that retailers put it back upto rrp. The discounts that ran for like 2 months have devalued the shit out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up taking a bath on it with having to do further discounts to get it off shelves.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm really surprised that retailers put it back upto rrp. The discounts that ran for like 2 months have devalued the shit out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up taking a bath on it with having to do further discounts to get it off shelves.
Retailers expectected it to sell well at $150 or $200 deals but November and December showed them the deals won't more it.
I don't think there is enough demand for Series S anymore... who wanted and were sold in the ideia already brought one.

Of course that doesn't mean it won't sell... it just it won't put the Xbox world on fire.