why PlayStation won't fail even without true exclusive games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
the console will be carried by the majority, the casuals who play FIFA, GTA, COD and Fortnite, the hardcore community will be split in PS consoles and PC, i think Sony realized no matter where their games go, as long as they have the casual audience, they'll always sell 100M+ consoles, and that's honestly sad, the hardcore players have made PlayStation what it is today

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Don't know how it is in NA but here in Europe, Playstation to most people is the "default" console to own. It's the Coca Cola of gaming.

As for me. I'm not interested in Nintendo or PC gaming. Xbox is so irrelevant, it isn't even in contention

So yeah.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
hardcore cope. Valve will release a console that can play all steam games with free online multiplayer and It will be over for Sony.
Steam already has a handheld console and it can't even break a few million sold. And much like Geforce Now, Sony chooses which hardware their games are played on, regardless of where they were bought.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
PlayStation is unsinkable. Full Steam ahead!

titanic kate winslet GIF

Once there is a console-like PC that is convenient enough for the average console player, free online and free cloud saves alone will ensure that it will gradually take market share away from PlayStation. Not to mention that all publishers and multiple manufactures would benefit from it and in the long run could all avoid paying 30%.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
hardcore cope. Valve will release a console that can play all steam games with free online multiplayer and It will be over for Sony.
unfortunately i don't think it'll affect much, digital library counts a lot... people already have hundreds of games on their Playstations, let all that go to go build a new library on Steam from the bottom will be a though thing for 98% of them

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
i want it to sink so bad so they can wake up and go back to the old strategy but it simply won't happen... and that's unfortunate
It will, not in the short term but it will be evident by next gen. Once investors smell that PlayStation is shirking it's over, Sony already lacks confidence as things are they will get desperate really quick (internally they seem to have already quit on PlayStation long term).

The likes of Epic/MS will sue them, publishers will turn against them, Nintendo and Valve already smell blood, they won't be able to keep charging for PS+, they have less games than ever before, hardly have any exclusives and games are taking longer and longer to be made. They are fucked and it's likely already too late to even do anything about it (something they might have realized).

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It's hilarious that you guys think Sony can't block their games from a stream console. Some of the nonsense I see on this site. A valve console probably wouldn't even sell 20 million tops

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's hilarious that you guys think Sony can't block their games from a stream console. Some of the nonsense I see on this site. A valve console probably wouldn't even sell 20 million tops
Irrelevant, you miss the point and you don't seem to know PC players. Once a game is playable on PC once, it will be playable on PC forever one way or another.

On a Deck like console it would be impossible for Sony to block games without removing them completely from Steam, same would be true for any device running windows. It worked on GeforceNow because NVidia completely controls the environment where the games are running and wanted to enforce it.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Yeah.

Valve tried to release a console and failed. The Steam Deck for all the hype it gets among hardcore gaming forums hasn't even sold past 5 million units.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Irrelevant, you miss the point and you don't seem to know PC players. Once a game is playable on PC once, it will be playable on PC forever one way or another.

On a Deck like console it would be impossible for Sony to block games without removing them completely from Steam.

Irrelevant to console players

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah.

Valve tried to release a console and failed. The Steam Deck for all the hype it gets among hardcore gaming forums hasn't even sold past 5 million units.
Pure ignorance, Linux gaming is completely difference now and the Steam Deck is precisely Valve learning from their previous mistakes and overcoming them. Now with Xbox dead MS will also have a big incentive to follow the same path with Windows devices.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Pure ignorance, Linux gaming is completely difference now and the Steam Deck is precisely Valve learning from their previous mistakes and overcoming them. Now with Xbox dead MS will also have a big incentive to follow the same path with Windows devices.

How am i ignorant?

The Steam deck has sold 3-4 milion units and Valve's last attempt to get into console gaming failed like the Ouya.

You're just overreacting as usual with "what if" scenarios.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

On a Deck like console it would be impossible for Sony to block games without removing them completely from Steam, same would be true for any device running windows. It worked on GeforceNow because NVidia completely controls the environment where the games are running and wanted to enforce it.
I didn't miss no point. Sony still owns all their intellectual LLC for anything released on steam. If they do not verify the game for the console Valve cannot simply use it... Just like they have to get verification for the steam deck.

Your little pathetic faux hate train hoping to see PlayStation get punished and humbled so badly has clouded that brain of yours.

Reactions: Petekilla and voke

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Not only Steamdeck 2 will be the same power as PS5 but at the same price $500 aswell as Nintendo Switch 2 being PS4 power nearly all 3rd party will release day 1 or port there game within less then 1 year.

Somehow people think the only place to play COD, GTA, FIFA, NBA is PS lmao I can bet GTA 6 will get a Switch 2 port when they release it on PC if not sooner.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Nintendo is the new Playstation. Solid first party and third party support. Sony is in lala land making remasters, marvel games, PC ports, and gaas no one wants or asked for. Peak hubris if this is sony's attitude going forward.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
How am i ignorant?

The Steam deck has sold 3-4 milion units and Valve's last attempt to get into console gaming failed like the Ouya.

You're just overreacting as usual with "what if" scenarios.
Starts w Steamdeck selling 5 million then Steamdeck selling 20 million & if PS continues PC port or shorten the time or do more multiplat releases Steamdeck 2 goes from 20 million to Steamdeck 3 doing 50 million.

It doesn’t really matter the best place to play PS games aren’t on a PS console/hardware. The best place & cheapest way to play PS games are on a PC or Steamdeck. And in the future it might be on Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.