Why The Last Of Us Cost $100 Million To Make (HBO Show)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nothing wrong with liking to train. I simply would have made her look as a more athletic version of her face model, not as someone who seems to be full of steroids.

And well, regarding story I understand her motivation to do what she does at the start of the game but I think ND made an awful choice by trying to replace Joel with her.

I think it would have better to don't try to replace Joel and to make Abby's portion way smaller.

They should of done Joel’s Death and probably TLOU2’s story for Part 3.

I loved TLOU 2 especailly how long it was and Abbie’s parts but fans deserved another full game with Joel 1st. His death was premature.

They could of easily done another badass story with Joel and Ellie being playable more than TLOU1.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The arms were kinda cartoonish.
Personality was she was kinda bland/normal. No dislike or like for her really. I mean I get her motivations easily though.

Her campaign had some great parts tho. One of the best in the series during the Island
That's the problem, too much focus on her arms and people forget how good and tense the game is at times.

Discussions about the awful politics of the creators should not take center stage when evaluating a game/movie, etc. However at times politics can ruin a story, forced inclusivity is a serious pain at times, it gets old

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just watched the first ep with my dad tonight, really really enjoyed it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They should of done Joel’s Death and probably TLOU2’s story for Part 3.

I loved TLOU 2 especailly how long it was and Abbie’s parts but fans deserved another full game with Joel 1st. His death was premature.

They could of easily done another badass story with Joel and Ellie being playable more than TLOU1.
I think the game felt too long so I'd have cut a good chunk of it, mostly some Abby's parts. Specially because as player, at least the first part you play as her, you expect it to be a short flashback, you want to play as Elie and know what happens to her (specially when the flashback starts just after a cliffhanger) but it ends being as long as the first game.

Something that would have worked, keeping what happens with Joell and all -or most- Abby's portion would have been to keep Ellie's part as the TLOU2 base game, and to move Abby's part to a DLC/standalone game/spinoff. By doing that they would have kept the same story and people would have rejected less Abby's part and would have given people time to digest what they did with Joel. Because in my case, I didn't want to play as Abby for what she (or ND) just did to Joel. At that time I didn't want to see her as something else than a villain to kill and even worse: I didn't want to see ND wanting to replace Joel and Ellie with her and a trans kid as a new 'couple of an adult and a kid' main protagonists.

I think it would have worked way better to show in the game 'this is what happens to Joel and Ellie' focusing on them. And then, in a separate standalone game "here's the point of view of the enemy". Knowing since the start, before buying it, that it was the case then people would have reacted in a better way.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think the game felt too long so I'd have cut a good chunk of it, mostly some Abby's parts. Specially because as player, at least the first part you play as her, you expect it to be a short flashback, you want to play as Elie and know what happens to her (specially when the flashback starts just after a cliffhanger) but it ends being as long as the first game.

Something that would have worked, keeping what happens with Joell and all -or most- Abby's portion would have been to keep Ellie's part as the TLOU2 base game, and to move Abby's part to a DLC/standalone game/spinoff. By doing that they would have kept the same story and people would have rejected less Abby's part and would have given people time to digest what they did with Joel. Because in my case, I didn't want to play as Abby for what she (or ND) just did to Joel. At that time I didn't want to see her as something else than a villain to kill and even worse: I didn't want to see ND wanting to replace Joel and Ellie with her and a trans kid as a new 'couple of an adult and a kid' main protagonists.

I think it would have worked way better to show in the game 'this is what happens to Joel and Ellie' focusing on them. And then, in a separate standalone game "here's the point of view of the enemy". Knowing since the start, before buying it, that it was the case then people would have reacted in a better way.

I loved the length. Abbey’s part at the island was probably one of the best parts of the game.
I thought it ended after the Abbey fight at the theatre. I was pissed.
The California part redeemed it for me