Xbox deletes unobtainable achievement, setting new precedent - PSLS

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
1686048108254.png

Should this become the standard moving forward for all companies? It raises the ethical issue of whether a company should sell a game that has unobtainable achievements knowing they are basically selling a defective product, at the very least games with unobtainable trophies should be clearly marked in the game description of the respective store fronts.....

-Taylor Smith on Facebook

The achievement in question is “You Can’t Be Too Prepared” in the farming sim Homestead Arcana.
The issue of unobtainable PlayStation trophies and achievements tends to spur heated debates in the gaming community. This is especially in case of multiplayer games that aren’t immune to server shutdowns. Players have proposed in the past that Sony should delete unobtainable trophies, but what Xbox has done here seems unlikely to become a norm.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
PSL seems to equate multiplayer with "impossible." Its not, its just annoying.

Once servers are shutdown, trophies tied to online connectivity are unobtainable.

Or look at the NBA 2k games, with trophies tied to the real-life season. Once it's over, so are the chances to get the corresponding trophies.

Instead of deleting them, though, they should just automatically unlock any unobtainable trophies OR give users the possibility to delete games from their lists, even though they are above 0%.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Deffo the way forward. I hate looking at my trophy list and see a game at 98% when everything else is at 100%. Why? Ohhh because some silly devs put online trophies in the game, the game flops at launch or i get the game a year later and i cant get the trophy because ya cant find anyone playing in the online lobby.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab
D

Deleted member 417

If you care about achievements or trophies, go touch grass.

It's a pointless number on an account that we're forced to have because we have to pay for online.

Reactions: Zzero