Xbox: Play Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 on Day One with Xbox Game Pass

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
COD_BO6_XGP_HERO-4875ae2edf09deaac4ff.jpg

We’re excited to confirm that Game Pass members will be able to jump into Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 on day one with Game Pass.

As revealed last week, we will have a special Xbox Games Showcase followed by Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 Direct on June 9, 2024, at 10am PT, where we’ll share even more details on what’s coming in this all-new Call of Duty®. Get eyes on the first in-depth look at gameplay in this dark new chapter of the Black Ops series.

And, if you’re new to Game Pass – we’ve got a (figurative) mountain of games for you to check out and play while waiting for that pre-install button to light up for Black Ops 6. Check out the hundreds of games here: Xbox.com/Gamepass

• sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
They are never removing COD from PlayStation now. Their strategy is to put all thier 1st party games on Gamepass and recoup by selling their games on PS5.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Sunrise Ninja

Banned
5 Feb 2024
They are never removing COD from PlayStation now. Their strategy is to put all thier 1st party games on Gamepass and recoup by selling their games on PS5.
If Sony managed to come up with their own shooter similar to call of duty, call of duty could be fucked.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
If Sony managed to come up with their own shooter similar to call of duty, call of duty could be fucked.
Its been over 20 years and no one have been able to make a better shooter.
Good luck to sony and their unicorn shooter.

23 May 2024
Torn on this, I love COD, I prefer playing it on Xbox over my PS5 due to the elite controller.

But I think it would be cheaper to just buy the game outright than sub for 12 months. And I’m almost positive they will do the “buy special editions and play a week early” thing again. Which then ….means I would have to buy it on PS5 because I refuse to purchase games on Xbox going forward with the uncertainty they got going on.

Being cross save will help alleviate all of this of course. I can just do what I have done for over a decade and just buy it on both consoles

Reactions: Bryank75
24 Jun 2022

So PlayStation customers are paypigs and suckers financially supporting Game Pass subscribers? How is that fair to gamers?

Unless there's a heavy change in how Game Pass subscriptions work alongside a price hike, this will probably end in disaster for Microsoft. B

ut considering how many PlayStation gamers are almost as mindless in being made suckers as Xbox gamers, I imagine most will just buy it on PS4 & PS5 even if they could literally just rent a cheap GP tier for one month, play the campaign, then drop out (unless again, there are major changes to GP structure coming like fixed 6-month/1-year locked in contract rates to prevent heavy churn).

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Destiny 2 is still great, pity it's not exclusive though.

I think Marathon will be massive too but again.. xbox will get it.

We still need to see Concord though, very curious to see how it plays.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Its been over 20 years and no one have been able to make a better shooter.
Good luck to sony and their unicorn shooter.
Nothing last forever. Sony won’t do it, but eventually someone will. Also it hasn’t been 20 years since COD has been king. COD didn’t blow up until 2007.

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
Actually they don't even need their own shooter. With this move, most of the sales will be on PS. This means more MTX sales on PS and PS gets their cut. Without spending money, PS gets massive money.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
There hasn't been a true "X killer" in the industry aside from what WoW(and the other 2nd wave MMOs) did to EverQuest.
This is why the phrase has been retired for a long time, it never happens.

Franchises going down in relevancy is almost always of their own making and very rarely is the main factor coming from outside pressure from other game(s). Exception(s) for genres fading out of the public interest instead of singular games.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon