You bunch of Sony fans (New PS5 owner)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
English is not my first language so excuse me for any misspells.
After 26 years as a pc gamer I decided to buy a Playstation 5 to see why you all love it so much in this forum. And now I'm one of you:

College Basketball Dancing GIF by UNC Tar Heels

My thoughts so far:

• There is something really beautiful about a machine that is strictly for gaming, I Found myself playing a lot more and getting less distracted by not opening tabs for Reddit or youtube.

• The controller is great and shooting is amazing. The only two downsides I see are that the battery life is quite short and aiming is way harder, but that is probably because im used to using a mouse.

• Playing the same game on pc and playstation feels different, probably due to the fact that now I can play from the couch and not the desk, so I'm not just playing more, I am actually enjoying games more and feeling more relaxed.

Thankfully I was on time to claim the Playstation Plus collection since I'm starting from 0 and I also suscribed to Playstation Plus Extra. Right now I'm playing Miles Morales because I want to be ready for Spiderman 2.

What Sony game that I missed should I play next? I'm thinking about playing The Last of Us (I sadly know the story at this point) or Horizon Zero Dawn (spoiler free)
So happy that you are enjoying your Ps5, it really is an incredible piece of hardware.

As for games, this is my personal list that I think you should try.

Bloodborne is to me maybe the best game ever made, atmosphere, and fantastic combat the only downside i would say is maybe waiting till the next PlayStation show just in case they announce a remaster, remake,

Final Fantasy 7 remake, I never played the original but absolutely fell in love with the remake, great fights, bosses, lots of spells, good environments, Tifa is a Goddess, the story is very cringe but to me, easily one of the best games out there.

Astrobot is the free game you get with the Ps5. Need more games like that, it's a joy to play and shows just how incredible the best controller on the market performs,

God of War series, I even made a review about it, you can find it here.

Also, my good friend @Gamernyc78 spoke about Days Gone, 100% it's a very enjoyable game and very much worth your time.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
English is not my first language so excuse me for any misspells.
After 26 years as a pc gamer I decided to buy a Playstation 5 to see why you all love it so much in this forum. And now I'm one of you:

College Basketball Dancing GIF by UNC Tar Heels

My thoughts so far:

• There is something really beautiful about a machine that is strictly for gaming, I Found myself playing a lot more and getting less distracted by not opening tabs for Reddit or youtube.

• The controller is great and shooting is amazing. The only two downsides I see are that the battery life is quite short and aiming is way harder, but that is probably because im used to using a mouse.

• Playing the same game on pc and playstation feels different, probably due to the fact that now I can play from the couch and not the desk, so I'm not just playing more, I am actually enjoying games more and feeling more relaxed.

Thankfully I was on time to claim the Playstation Plus collection since I'm starting from 0 and I also suscribed to Playstation Plus Extra. Right now I'm playing Miles Morales because I want to be ready for Spiderman 2.

What Sony game that I missed should I play next? I'm thinking about playing The Last of Us (I sadly know the story at this point) or Horizon Zero Dawn (spoiler free)

Get "TLOU Part 1" on PS5 for the story and graphical/technical improvements.

If you like the gameplay PLEASE do not skip on the Factions multiplayer. Wait for "TLOU Remastered" (PS4 game) to go on sale digitally.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
ezgif-4-703a877cb3.gif

26 years as a PC gamer now into consoles? Jesus Christ Almighty show this soul the way.

First thing to do for a proper baptism is to buy a Nintendo console (currently the Switch), then buy Nintendo and Super Nintendo Classics (Super Mario 1-3/World, DKC 1-3, Metroid, Castlevania, Contra, Mega man 1-6, X1-3 etc). Play them with a controller, on a couch, with a Nintendo console. No fucking emulator will ever replicate the feel. A proper conversion into the console faith starts at the Nintendo shrine like with all little kids. It's a most important CULTURAL infusion. You can then if you wish enjoy the the modern versions of DK, Mario, Zelda etc (New Super Mario Bros Wii/u, Galaxy, 3D World, DKC:R/Tropical Freeze, BoTW etc). After that you can get a crash course and go straight to the PS5 for you'll never get the PS1-PS5 experience in any way shape or form.

On PS: Obviously Crash 1-3 with a controller, on a couch.
Sly 1-3 Collection + Thieves in Time.
Uncharted Trilogy HD
God of War Trilogy + Ascention (PS Plus Premium)
Demon Souls + Bloodborne

+ the newer titles.

A proper transition is all about embracing the culture of console gaming. If it's just a side thing you will eventually revert back to PC preference... it's embedded unconsciously in your brain by now.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Start with the "lower tier" games:

- Astrobot (must play)
- Days Gone
- Ghost of Tsushima (kinda very close to top tier)
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
- Demon's Souls

Then move to the heavy hitters

- The Last of Us Part 1 (the remake)
- The Last of Us Part 2 (play them back to back)
- Horizon Zero Dawn + Frozen Wild
- Horizon Forbidden West + Burning Shores
- God of War
- God of War Ragnarok

No particular order, but I'd play games with sequels back to back

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Start with the "lower tier" games:

- Astrobot (must play)
- Days Gone
- Ghost of Tsushima (kinda very close to top tier)
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
- Demon's Souls

Then move to the heavy hitters

- The Last of Us Part 1 (the remake)
- The Last of Us Part 2 (play them back to back)
- Horizon Zero Dawn + Frozen Wild
- Horizon Forbidden West + Burning Shores
- God of War
- God of War Ragnarok

No particular order, but I'd play games with sequels back to back
WTF? Where is Returnal? That is - must play.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
How much time do you want to invest playing games?

Best playstation exclusives IMO:

-Bloodborne
-Demon Souls Remake
-Returnal
-Ghost of Tsushima
-Final Fantasy 7 Remake+DLC
-Last of Us
-Astro's Playroom

Very good/top quality, but maybe a little too long:
-Last of Us part 2
-Uncharted 4
-Horizon series

Didn't hit for me, but I can see it being great for other people:
-Spider-man
-God of War
-Days Gone

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You'll find that there are some games that you may have ignored but you may love: as an example the Astro game, the Gravity Rush games, The Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Wipeout Omega Collection, Until Dawn or basically all the Housemarque or Quantic Dream games.

Ghost of Tsushima is an Assassin's Creed with ninja/samurai theme but way better than if made by Ubisoft.