Yuji Naka has been sentenced for 2 1/2 years in prison as well as 1.2~ million dollars in fines

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Sonic The Hedgehog Omg GIF by LLIMOO

• sad
Reactions: Zzero

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Yuji-Naka.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog creator Yuji Naka was arrested in November of last year for insider trading, and after pleading guilty in March, has been sentenced to prison for two and a half years.

As reported by Denfanminicogamer.jp, Naka was also fined twice for ¥2.5 million and ¥170 million, however, his defence is seeking to lower these numbers. Insider trading is when a person illegally trades in stocks to their own advantage using confidential information. In Naka's case, it was believed that he purchased stock in two developers before plans about games in development were made public so that he could sell it at a later date when it would be worth more.

The prison sentence was made today in Naka's third trial where he was accused of violating the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act for insider trading for both Aiming and ATeam. When he chose to plead guilty in March, he reportedly said, "There is no doubt that I knew the facts about the game before it was made public and bought the stock."

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
And he would have gotten away with it too if Balan was a success. Go to the cops, just an easy way to get rid of a bitter X(employee.)