2K to reveal the next iteration in one of 2K's biggest & most beloved franchises @SummerGameFest on Friday, June 7. |UP| Presumably Borderlands.

What sequel do you think it will be?

• Total voters

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I fucking loved Bioshock. It really was immersive to me.
Bioshock Infinite was the only Bioshock I played from start to finish and it was definitely a game that was one of many pillars of greatness during that PS3/360 generation. Had such a great experience with it.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Definitely Bioshock.

Hopefully it won't be a trainwreck like Infinite was. There was so much ambition in that game's development period and so little of it made it to the final game for whatever reason.

I was at that PlayStation E3 presser back in the day where Ken Levine pulled out the PS Vita to announce a BioShock Vita game, I'm still waiting, you asshole!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I played and completed all three of them. They were all an 8.0/10 for me. Enjoyed Mafia III the most due to the story/characters and the soundtrack. But all three are really good. Recommend all of them. I do hope Mafia IV goes back to a more linear setup instead of the open world. Like, let me drive around to get to the missions but once there, it should be linear in my opinion.
Nice!

Reactions: peter42O

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Rumores-sobre-Borderlands-4-sao-fruto-de-desentendimento-explica-desenvolvedora-912x569.jpg

The new game doesnt seem to be the one that will be revealed at 2024 Game Fest:

Currently, Gearbox has both a new Borderlands and "at least one exciting new intellectual property" in development. 2K Games plans to reveal the "next iteration in one of its biggest and most beloved franchises" at Summer Game Fest, which is set to take place on Friday, June 7. Fans speculate this game may be Borderlands 4.

via IGN

Reactions: Sircaw

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Borderlands 3 has to be most discounted game in the history of steam sales, its always on discount for 85% every month for 2 weeks on steam and people still dont buy it

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Borderlands 3 has to be most discounted game in the history of steam sales, its always on discount for 85% every month for 2 weeks on steam and people still dont buy it
It was released 2019. And sold what it could for some time now. Would be nice to get it sooner then later.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It was released 2019. And sold what it could for some time now. Would be nice to get it sooner then later.

In general I think folks soured a bit on Borderlands 3 passed the initial honeymoon period compared to the first two.
Steam rating on BD3 is 85% and BD2 is 95%, that's a fairly large gap.

But most importantly, for Steam sales data, we have to recall that Borderlands 3 was a limited exclusive title with Epic Games Store back in 2019 for 6 months(Steam came out March 2020 compared to September 2019 for EGS+Consoles)

We even actually have the amount Epic paid Gearbox for it via the Epic vs Apple lawsuit:

The $146 million fee comprises the minimum guarantee, a $15 million marketing commitment, and another $20 million charge, plus $31 million to sell Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and a Civilization bundle on the Epic Games Store. Epic made back $109.2 million in those first two weeks, adding more than 750,000 new users to the Epic Games Store thanks to Borderlands 3 alone.

E0gJyQJUcAMneTZ.jpg

In total 146M paid to 2K, lmaooo.
Like that was legit probably the entirety of the game dev budget paid for by the Epic deal.
It also shows that 1.5M copies was sold of the game in 2 weeks on just EGS, which is actually pretty huge considering a lot of PC gamers don't give a fuck about EGS.

But yeah sales legs for the game is not that strong.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
In general I think folks soured a bit on Borderlands 3 passed the initial honeymoon period compared to the first two.
Steam rating on BD3 is 85% and BD2 is 95%, that's a fairly large gap.

But most importantly, for Steam sales data, we have to recall that Borderlands 3 was a limited exclusive title with Epic Games Store back in 2019 for 6 months(Steam came out March 2020 compared to September 2019 for EGS+Consoles)

We even actually have the amount Epic paid Gearbox for it via the Epic vs Apple lawsuit:

E0gJyQJUcAMneTZ.jpg

In total 146M paid to 2K, lmaooo.
Like that was legit probably the entirety of the game dev budget paid for by the Epic deal.
It also shows that 1.5M copies was sold of the game in 2 weeks on just EGS, which is actually pretty huge considering a lot of PC gamers don't give a fuck about EGS.

But yeah sales legs for the game is not that strong.
and? what is your point? :D that it sold great?

• Shake
Reactions: Evilnemesis8