A new Studio AAA by ACTIVISION announced ELSEWHERE

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
They started working on this 2 years ago, before the Activision deal was closed so MS gets no credit at all for the creation of this studio.

I disagree. I think having the studio be called Elsewhere Entertainment was a sign of things to come two years later. lol

What happened to the AAAA studio full of vets?

Secondary studio to Crystal Dynamics on Perfect Dark. The Initiative should have been shut down instead of Tango Gameworks. UGH.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
pyvdcnr8dey.jpg

Activision has announced the formation of Elsewhere Entertainment, a new studio it says will focus on developing a "narrative-based and genre-defining AAA franchise."

Elsewhere Entertainment, which is based in Warsaw, is Activision's second Polish studio after the Krakow-based Infinity Ward Poland. The studio has been working behind the scenes up until now, and this is its first public unveiling.

According to the blog post revealing the new studio, Elsewhere Entertainment's team includes "storytelling experts" who have previously worked on franchises including The Last of Us, Uncharted, The Witcher, Cyberpunk, Destiny, The Division, and Far Cry. It is currently recruiting developers in hopes of creating a "state-of-the-art and next-generation gaming experience," which IGN understands is not a Call of Duty-related project.

Little else is known about Elsewhere Entertainment's first franchise, though the post does mention that the studio hopes to "craft a franchise with an enduring legacy that resonates far beyond games." That would seem to point to a transmedia franchise that will try to replicate the success of The Last of Us and Fallout, or maybe just get its own theme park.

To this point, Activision has mostly been known for its work on the Call of Duty series, with Crash Bandicoot developer Toys for Bob opting to go independent following the Xbox acquisition. In addition to the Crash Bandicoot games, Activision Publishing has also released Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Destiny.

It's unclear when Elsewhere Entertainment's game will be released, though based on existing development timelines it's likely to be a few years yet. In the meantime, Activision appears to be preparing to reveal the next Call of Duty at next month's Xbox Showcase, which is set for June 9.

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/activi...d-with-creating-narrative-based-aaa-franchise

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Do they also tell when Microsoft will shut the studio down?
As said in the article, they have been working and gathering up until now, which is their first public unveiling.

I don't think they would publicly unveil a studio just to shut them down, but theres definitely a possibility if their planned single player franchise doesnt go well.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
They seem to be wanting to recreate the success they had with Sekiro while also challenging the space of The Last of Us franchise, The Witcher franchise, & God of War franchise as well.

As well as not being bound to Call of Duty as its the title that's going to be multiplatform as the signed a contract with Sony.

So this title might be console exclusive.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
pyvdcnr8dey.jpg

Activision has announced the formation of Elsewhere Entertainment, a new studio it says will focus on developing a "narrative-based and genre-defining AAA franchise."

Elsewhere Entertainment, which is based in Warsaw, is Activision's second Polish studio after the Krakow-based Infinity Ward Poland. The studio has been working behind the scenes up until now, and this is its first public unveiling.

According to the blog post revealing the new studio, Elsewhere Entertainment's team includes "storytelling experts" who have previously worked on franchises including The Last of Us, Uncharted, The Witcher, Cyberpunk, Destiny, The Division, and Far Cry. It is currently recruiting developers in hopes of creating a "state-of-the-art and next-generation gaming experience," which IGN understands is not a Call of Duty-related project.

Little else is known about Elsewhere Entertainment's first franchise, though the post does mention that the studio hopes to "craft a franchise with an enduring legacy that resonates far beyond games." That would seem to point to a transmedia franchise that will try to replicate the success of The Last of Us and Fallout, or maybe just get its own theme park.

To this point, Activision has mostly been known for its work on the Call of Duty series, with Crash Bandicoot developer Toys for Bob opting to go independent following the Xbox acquisition. In addition to the Crash Bandicoot games, Activision Publishing has also released Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Destiny.

It's unclear when Elsewhere Entertainment's game will be released, though based on existing development timelines it's likely to be a few years yet. In the meantime, Activision appears to be preparing to reveal the next Call of Duty at next month's Xbox Showcase, which is set for June 9.

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/activi...d-with-creating-narrative-based-aaa-franchise
Already posted, please use "Google search" before posting for some reason the in app search doesn't do a good job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh I apologize. I thought there wasn't a thread about this because nothing came up, my bad.
You know this search on this forum really is scrappy so I understand abd it's not your fault. What I do now is type in what I'm searching for on Google and add Iconera and it works way better.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: TigerFang