Do you think Switch 2 will get better third party support?

Will Switch 2 will have better third party support?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • About the same

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I mean, if you think about it, it's their only real big avenue for growth Gen over Gen.
They could also port all their games to PC. :ROFLMAO:

Some delusional people ITT.

Switch 2 is definitely going to get a lot more 3P support than Switch, from both Western and Japanese developers. There are probably already versions of SF6, BG3, RE9, FF VII Remake, P3R, P6, and even GTA6 in development as we speak.

It may not get Day 1 versions of some of the bigger games that might need more optimizations for Switch 2, but it'll definitely get those games, and probably not too long after other platforms do. And as Hogwarts Legacy has shown, even late ports to Switch 2 would generate a huge amount of sales. Switch 2 as a secondary platform of priority for first round of ports will be a lot more alluring potentially than Xbox or even PC/Steam.
Any dev that bothers with the Series S will make sure they also make a Switch 2 version.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
They could also port all their games to PC. :ROFLMAO:

Good joke friend 😂
Nintendo is going to want to keep that PC+Nintendo console combo from a lot of people around the world going.
This is especially valuable because one console is in a serious downward spiral and the one is doing just "fine".

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Good joke friend 😂
Nintendo is going to want to keep that PC+Nintendo console combo from a lot of people around the world going.
This is especially valuable because one console is in a serious downward spiral and the one is doing just "fine".
How stupid of them to turn their back on so much money from PC... I bet Zelda and Mario could both sell at least one million on PC. After Steam cut and porting costs, they would probably even make a profit.

Nintendo should've listened to Phil Spencer, he knows better how they should go about their business.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You trolling hard today I see. 👀
One million each. I reduced it a little bit in comparison to the big games from PlayStation because PC players were already able to play those games on PC trough piracy.

Hey, people are impressed by Sony biggest single player IPs selling 2m copies, don't blame me.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Imagine if it got the new GTA.
PS5 sales next year will not be as good then. If GTA6 is PS5/XB (Basically PS5 exclusive for a year lol, no PC ) only then PS5 sales can compete with Switch 2. If not, its gonna be a huge shift.
But I doubt it goes go Switch 2

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It will have better 3rd party depending on the tech I think.
If they have some fancy tech, upsclaing that can play PS4 Pro level or Series S, then it will get alot more support.
If not then, it will probably get even less 3rd party support. But will probably have alot of 3rd party exclusives Nintendo funds.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
About the same or a bit better. The most demanding games will still skip it or it will get a downgraded or cloud version later

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It will have better 3rd party depending on the tech I think.
If they have some fancy tech, upsclaing that can play PS4 Pro level or Series S, then it will get alot more support.
If not then, it will probably get even less 3rd party support. But will probably have alot of 3rd party exclusives Nintendo funds.
For the general public there is hardly any difference between a PS4 game and a PS4 Pro game, Nintendo could easily get away with 1080p games or even games upscalled to 1080p using DLSS given what their audience is used to.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
For the general public there is hardly any difference between a PS4 game and a PS4 Pro game, Nintendo could easily get away with 1080p games or even games upscalled to 1080p using DLSS given what their audience is used to.

I mean, right now Nintendo players are playing dynamic 900p TotK docked blown up on their 1080p/4k TVs and with terrible AA solutions(a lot of Nintendo games suffer from this problem with some of them straight up doing raw pixels with no AA).

They're going to play DLSS upscaled games and say: Woah, graphics really amazing everything is so crisp and there's so much density/details.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I think 3rd party support will be better for Switch 2. Many devs already went out of their way to build greatly dumbed down versions of their games, like The Witcher and Hogwarts, others created cloud only versions (🤮) for it. Especially if they start dropping Series support, they might want to invest porting their games on a successful console instead.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
For the general public for sure. And there own 1st party games yes.
When it comes to 3rd party support, I doubt they will support or downscale there latest games to play PS4 level stuff. Most 3rd party is way past that now.

Games like Tekken, Witcher 4, Elden Ring 2, Resident Evil 9 etc won’t be ported to Switch 2 if its PS4 level power. But if its closer to Series S, they will probably port if install base is high. Probably would use a DLSS to make it happen

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
No, it won't.

Don't mind the sub-par hardware that will hardly reach even half of the Series S' performance, Nintendo has a history of treating 3rd parties like crap and that hasn't changed one bit.

Nintendo had the Super Switch scheduled to release in Q4 2024 (after delaying it for 2 years) and just because Nintendo themselves didn't have enough of their own games ready for that release window, they decided to delay it by another 6 months.

Now imagine you're a 3rd party developing a launch game for the SSwitch, everything is planned for a November 2024 release that will take all the potential sales numbers from the holiday period where people spend 4x as much on videogames, just for Nintendo to swoop in and say you won't release during the holidays, you'll release your game in.. late March, in a different fiscal year.

And now, not only are the annual KPIs not met with the publisher so no one is getting a yearly bonus, but the publisher must also be convinced to keep paying salaries for another 6 months without knowing if your game is a success or a failure.

So no, Nintendo doesn't give a royal fuck about 3rd parties. They haven't in over 20 years since the Gamecube.

Sure, someone at idSoftware will make a port of some game (assuming Microsoft doesn't nuke them) that is technologically interesting, some kid-oriented franchises like Harry Potter / Hogwarts might get some ports that sell, a new Borderlands, etc.
But it won't get better third-party support because Nintendo knows they're better off having their software focused on their hardware.

Sunrise Ninja

Banned
5 Feb 2024
Of course it will, its free money And I'm sure the bigger third party publishers have been telling them we need more powerful hardware so we can make some of that Nintendo money. If developers create good games on the switch 2 people will buy them.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No one is doubting tht if they are smart thy have such an untapped market due to third party restriction on their hardware they would push more third party support but this is Nintendo and Thyll choose to save in hardware thus limiting many games from coming over.