Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Democracy prevailed and Arrowhead is getting their throne back. (Not that they actually lost it in the first place)

I'm glad the heat is off of Arrowhead. It's not surprising they were being harassed and blamed, but it wasn't deserved or fair.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I'm actually thinking about buying it tbh even though I'm not much for multiplayer online games after all the fuss people have been making I watched the trailers for it on the ps store & it does look like alot fun

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I'm actually thinking about buying it tbh even though I'm not much for multiplayer online games after all the fuss people have been making I watched the trailers for it on the ps store & it does look like alot fun
Helldivers is a great game, I don't get to play it often because I can't say no to hangouts with other people (bad habit) but I can say within my time played I don't think I have anything bad to say about the game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The recovery campaign has slowed down but continues impoving. There's 63K negative reviews to be reverted to fully recover fom the review bombing. The reviews average is around 74%.

image.png

• they're_right_you_know

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
The recovery campaign has slowed down but continues impoving. There's 63K negative reviews to be reverted to fully recover fom the review bombing. The reviews average is around 74%.

image.png
I already switched mine the day of the walk-back, I imagine some still hold theirs negative because of the country lockouts are still in effect despite no PSN being required anymore and they just doubled down with three more countries, could induce more negatives.

The CEO of arrowhead already said that he wants the game to be available worldwide and he has no idea what Sony is doing.

Also, to anyone who genuinely thinks it is Steam who is at fault here, If you ask customer support for Steam who sets the regions for purchase, it's the publisher.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I already switched mine the day of the walk-back, I imagine some still hold theirs negative because of the country lockouts are still in effect despite no PSN being required anymore and they just doubled down with three more countries, could induce more negatives.

The CEO of arrowhead already said that he wants the game to be available worldwide and he has no idea what Sony is doing.

Also, to anyone who genuinely thinks it is Steam who is at fault here, If you ask customer support for Steam who sets the regions for purchase, it's the publisher.
To don't have PSN stores for these countries (meaning they can't select their country available in the PSN user creation form) is Sony's fault.

The sales in all these countries combined may be maybe around 1% of the total revenue, or at least very likely under 2-3%. But still, I think Sony should include these countries in the list to allow them to create an account and buy the game without having to select other countries in the PSN user creation form and Steam.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Nah, you don't get to do that.

You don't bitch and moan (I supported the original boycott) about countries not being supported, only to now bitch and moan that Sony;s doing something about it. You brought up legal and ToS issues and now Sony's deciding not to sell to those countries for those same reasons.

maybe Steam players need to boycott Steam players.

I get that Sony could just implement all countries in a drop down list but for some reason they're not doing it.

So now we have PC players pissed about their own decisions. Funny shit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Nah, you don't get to do that.

You don't bitch and moan (I supported the original boycott) about countries not being supported, only to now bitch and moan that Sony;s doing something about it. You brought up legal and ToS issues and now Sony's deciding not to sell to those countries for those same reasons.

maybe Steam players need to boycott Steam players.

I get that Sony could just implement all countries in a drop down list but for some reason they're not doing it.

So now we have PC players pissed about their own decisions. Funny shit.
imagine, customers in those countries, with legit PSN accounts are denied to buy Helldivers 2 or Ghost of Tsushima because of the fucking sony haters decided to go on crying trip.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

How does Gabe's dick taste ?

• haha
Reactions: Puff

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. They're boycotting what they fought for. Make it make sense.
Right now there's some lingering anger due to recent nerfs/bugs to weapons in the previous warbond. They need to take a couple of months off and fix all the bugs, then rebalance the weapons... the game will recover all those reviews.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The amount hate this game gets is really indicative of it's popularity. Reminds me of CoD, giant pool of players with the loudest group of Karens.

Still love playing this game, but they do need to cut the nerfs a bit. Focus on making everything viable. Used to love the eruptor... now its dogshit lol.

Last edited: