Hi-Fi Rush gets reverse review bombed after Microsoft shutters Tango Gameworks

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
On May 8, Microsoft made the decision to shut down several of its key studios, which included Arcane Austin, responsible for Redfall, and Tango Gameworks, responsible for Hi-Fi Rush.

In the wake of the studio’s closure, some of Tango’s games are now being reverse review bombed, with Hi-Fi Rush and The Evil Within games seeing a surge of positive reviews on Steam.

Traditionally, a review bomb is when games are hit with an onslaught of scathing reviews, often for a particular reason. Most recently, we saw this with Helldivers 2 as thousands rallied to tarnish the game’s reception on Steam in light of Sony’s controversial PSN requirement, of which they later rolled back. In this case, however, the opposite is happening, as Hi-Fi Rush players are flooding in with positive reviews instead.

Hi-Fi Rush steam review graph
From May 7, Hi-Fi Rush saw an increase in positive reviews with nearly a hundred new positive reviews added. Meanwhile, both Evil Within games, also from Tango, are getting dozens after the studio’s closure.

via Dexerto

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
what it means? steambots are happy for people being fired? i should expect the opposite, be sad, pity them and review bomb the m$. apparently, steambots supports destroying people's life and rewarding m$ with positive reviews. nice morals.

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
what it means? steambots are happy for people being fired? i should expect the opposite, be sad, pity them and review bomb the m$. apparently, steambots supports destroying people's life and rewarding m$ with positive reviews. nice morals.
I can't imagine seeing this and coming away with the take you just wrote mate.

They're reverse-review bombing it in support of Tango, it's more so symbolical than it is actual effect this time. Unless MS sees it and takes back their shuttering of Tango, I doubt they will though.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

klomzi

8 Mar 2024

This is the dumbest take Ive seen on this forum so far today.

It's the opposite, people are angry that Tango is shutdown and are praising Tango, the devs and the game itself and tells MS to go fuck off.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is the dumbest take Ive seen on this forum so far today.

It's the opposite, people are angry that Tango is shutdown and are praising Tango, the devs and the game itself and tells MS to go fuck off.
m$ sees that, and, wow, we need to close more studios to be praised with positive reviews. or you so mentally challenge to understand that?

no one is rewarding bad behavior with positive respond actions.
bad behavior should have negative respond action.
i know, wild concept and challenging for people with 80IQ.

fucking degenerates.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

Where was that energy when horse armour and paid online on PSN were introduced? Read the reviews. They are praising devs, lamenting the closure of the studio and telling fuck you to MS.

Reactions: Exicide

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
This will only end up with Xbox division thinking it will bring up the Steam Starfield review scores if Bethesda gets canned.

You have to be an idiot to think this is a smart use of review bombing.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Where was that energy when horse armour and paid online on PSN were introduced? Read the reviews. They are praising devs, lamenting the closure of the studio and telling fuck you to MS.
where? invent time machine and bring IconEra in 2002. how can i answer where if it isn't existing?

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
What good is that gonna do? Are these guys stupid? Its not going to bring the studio back from the dead

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024

m$ sees that, and, wow, we need to close more studios to be praised with positive reviews. or you so mentally challenge to understand that?

fucking degenerates.
Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
So in other words all these people posting their reviews are no better then Xbox players same amount of braincells by the looks of it. Yeah they purchased the game to review but they did it after the damage was done and irreversible. Where were they when the game was released no point in them playing hypocrite now. Besides they need to direct the frustrations towards Zenimax not Microsoft they accepted the offer from them not the other way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gediminas

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
User reviews are even worse than “professional” reviews. Fanboys ruining everything

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
the reverse review bomb is about 2500 reviews, its more like a small firecracker than a bomb. Frankly them shutting down the studio must have brought in more sales than when it was discounted :ROFLMAO: