STELLAR BLADE DEV POSTS CRYPTIC PICTURE TEASING News "Get Ready For Next Week" |UP| Boss challenge mode launches May 24.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
5/23

Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer SHIFT UP will release a free update for Stellar Blade on May 24 that adds a new “Boss Challenge” mode, as well as new Nano Suits and quality-of-life updates, the companies announced.

Get the details below.

Boss Challenge
The Boss Challenge pits you against the 19 bosses from the base game. Hone your skills, outwit your enemies… and brutalize them.
Progression in the Boss Challenge requires battle data from bosses you’ve previously defeated. You can also fight bosses on Hard difficulty setting after you’ve seen the ending of the game.
To start the challenge, you can either load up and use your own gear you’ve been using or choose one of several presets. Choose the minimum preset for a true challenge, which is extremely understated, or the maximum preset, which has all of your skills and stats buffed up, if you want to taunt the boss with some spectacular combat.

After the challenge is over, your battle data is automatically analyzed. You’ll see metrics like battle time, number of perfect parries and dodges, consumable usage, and more. Test your skills and compare with your friends.
If you defeat all bosses in the Boss Challenge on Normal difficulty setting or higher, you’ll get to earn the Neurolink Suit for Eve. Hats off to your strength!
New Nano Suits added
Blood, blade… and beauty. Eve can be summarized in these three words. New Nano Suits have been added to bring out her beauty even more.
The two Nano Suits above, White Kunoichi and Black Kunoichi, will be available in this new update.
And check out the game yourself for more Nano Suits.

Quality-of-Life Improvements
If you switch to ranged attack mode and switch back while locked on to an enemy, you will automatically lock on to the enemy again.
Also, we’re adding an option to always show the compass in the HUD.

Update 5/20

Sales of Stellar Blade are "exceeding expectations"

Stellar Blade developer Shift Up! confirms both a PC version and a sequel are under consideration. Sales of Stellar Blade are "exceeding expectations", Studio will continue to expand AAA efforts, New project 'Codename Witches' in development

1715989824792.png

STELLAR BLADE DEV POSTS CRYPTIC PICTURE TEASING NEWS
stellar blade top

Stellar Blade was released exclusively on PlayStation 5 on April 26, emerging to a remarkably positive reception and strong reviews across the board. This post-apocalyptic, third-person slasher won the hearts and minds of players worldwide, and it definitely wasn’t anything to do with the protagonist being a scantily clad supermodel or anything.

On Twitter, Stellar Blade’s developer, ShiftUp, recently posted an image teasing news that’s going to drop next week – but nobody knows what it could be.

There are updates in the pipeline for Stellar Blade, that much is obvious. It was a few weeks ago that ShiftUp confirmed it’s starting work on a new game, but whether that’s related to Stellar Blade remains to be seen.

In the post on Twitter, ShiftUp shared a cryptic image:

Last edited:

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
@Yurinka

No joke, I was thinking about that during the lead up to the game.
They should call it "Western Journalist" mode. Eve becomes a life-sized Gray Rectangle, and she doesn't even talk.

Reactions: Yurinka

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Well I'm planning to finish it this weekend, so anything new next week is always welcome and on time.

Though if I had to guess:
- Photo mode
- "Original" nano suits
- DLC

Reactions: Yurinka

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I think that it could be the rumored boss mode for the game. Would be cool if they added one or two new bosses added into this mode to give more reason to go back to the game.