The Music Thread - Post what you like

Darth Vader

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
I'm starting this off by saying I'm primarily a metalhead, but I do love some classic rock (The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc), as well as Post-Rock and Punk.

First album that I'd like to post is this one that I just found out via Youtube Suggestions

Amazing stuff, really love the "marriage" between post-rock, doom and black metal.

• party
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Mase was never big in Ireland, I have a very broad taste in music but I really think Mase shoulda been bigger outside the states.

Something totally different... Ol 55 -Eagles.

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
For the oldies' lovers out there, a playlist inspired by the radio stations in Fallout. They don't make music like they used to, that's for sure.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A couple of things that I really like,

I find Vivaldi just incredible.

Also really like this

The first girl's voice is just amazing and the blonde is just magnificent in her singing power.

Reactions: Yossarian

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@Kretos those suggestions were absolutely insane. Thanks mate! I know a lot of less known bands, but not these.
@Explosive Zombie I knew most of them except Vektor. Interesting stuff, need to dig a bit more.

As for more suggestions, I'll leave quite a few from various metal subgenres if you two are interested. I'm more into Atmospheric Black, Post-Black, Doom, etc.

First one is A Light in the Dark. This guy (B.M.) has quite a few projects, from Black Metal to folky, and all of them are amazing.

Then we have Pagan or Folk Black with Summoning, with songs inspired by the works of Tolkien (namely Lord of the Rings)

Could not forget to mention Agalloch, which are the masters of their craft and mix black metal with folk and other things

Doom:VS is a Funeral Doom band, and probably one of the best at it.

And finally (the staff allowed me to) I'll leave a shameless plug to my band, Amidst Dreams of Tomorrow. Yes, the song (and EP) title are from Death Stranding. We're announcing something tomorrow as well :)

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Going to add this one because it's very dear to me. I started writing this song at some point in 2012 or 2014 after my dog became sick and almost passed away. What I wrote at that time was is now the middle section.

Then the song spent a few years in limbo as I couldn't finish it, nothing came of it. That is until 2020. I was playing guitar and remembering a friend I lost (fucking depression) and more things came to me. The whole song just wrote itself really. It may not be the best of songs, but It has a very special place in my heart for two different reasons.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
More shameless self promotion, but the Staff allowed (thank you!)

My band is releasing a new album August 19th, and it is available for pre-order in our bandcamp page.

The single can be found in the link below:

You can also subscribe to the youtube channel, we'll make one more song available before release :)