Alana Pearce "The quality of games is not relevant anymore. Companies want games where people spent the most time in. "It will only get worse"

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Thread needs more pics.

View attachment 4976
I hope she is wearing socks in those shoes, and they look a bit dirty looking to me.

I know that can be a turn-on for "Sniffers like @PropellerEar and @rofif", but it's not to me.

split depth GIF

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Thread needs more pics.

View attachment 4976

Somebody at Sony smashed and gave her a job, and whoever that was probably told her to stop shilling and she hit him with the "I'm going to tell Sony about us." This is the only way she can still be employed by Sony but still shilling for Microsoft. Black mail, that's what thots do.

Probably Herman Hulst taking that picture.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
She was the biggest GamePass shill ever, I hope she feels guilty for what happened to Tango.

And Sony is still retarded for hiring someone as incompetent as her.
Her and countless other media shills were spamming this BS for a month straight back in 2021. Xbox still hadn't released a single new 1st party game for their brand new console, so they pushed gamepass hard. No one in the media held them accountable for it, just kept pushing GamePass

This is while she was employed at SSM too. Sony are true cucks this generation

uploads1624911304292-E493onyX0AM9qOX.png

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Her and countless other media shills were spamming this BS for a month straight back in 2021. Xbox still hadn't released a single new 1st party game for their brand new console, so they pushed gamepass hard. No one in the media held them accountable for it, just kept pushing GamePass

This is while she was employed at SSM too. Sony are true cucks this generation

uploads1624911304292-E493onyX0AM9qOX.png

Playstation is a mess outside of there sales.

I mean how obvious are those gamepass shilling tweets now. They read like those bots on instagram and twitter, “Your page is the best, I feel bad for other people who dont follow you” This shill shouldnt be working with Sony. They don’t need to go near Xbox, or PC

Reactions: JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
She is right in different points:
  • To make AAA games is very risky because they are so expensive both for GaaS and non-GaaS
  • Successful GaaS AAA titles generate way, way more money than successful non-GaaS AAA games
  • So if publishers risk a ton of money prefer to do it in the type that potentially may give them a ton of money
  • Great reviews and awards don't pay bills and salaries, money does
  • Successful GaaS keep bringing money during many years (let's say 7 yearrs) with the risk of a single game. While non-GaaS mostly bring money one or two years. Meaning to cover that 7 years period with the risk of a single GaaS they'd had to cover it with almost around half a dozen non-GaaS AAA titles. 1 risk vs let's say 4 or 5 risks
  • Games compete for the time of the players, not only vs the other games but instead vs other entertainment industries (cinema, social media, streaming video platforms, books, sport, tv, etc)
  • GaaS are very time consuming, to fight for the time of the users but also because on average players are more likely to pay for a DLC/IAP/season or battle pass if spent 1000 hours with the game than if spent 2 hours: the more you play, the more likely is that you'll pay
  • That doesn't mean (non-GaaS) single player games are dying, there's still a place for them
  • Indie studios shut down all the time as always happened, but you simply don't realize about it because never heard about most of them. And they are also now facing struggles to get publishers and funding, like AAA teams.
She is wrong in diffeent points:
  • The quality of games matter, in GaaS too. Helldivers 2 is an insane success while Suicide Squad tanked. The difference? Game quality
  • Doesn't matter if it's an indie game, AA, non-GaaS AAA or GaaS AAA: the game won't be successful if the target user, the player of that niche/genre/game type doesn't like it enough. The game quality matters, without it the game can't work (please note: you personally not liking a game doesn't mean it's bad, the target user of the game may find it very fun)
  • Game quality matters, but obviously isn't everything to turn it into a profitable/sustainable project: there are other things like marketing, the competition available for that game type in that moment, and many other factors involved

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Playstation is a mess outside of there sales.

I mean how obvious are those gamepass shilling tweets now. They read like those bots on instagram and twitter, “Your page is the best, I feel bad for other people who dont follow you” This shill shouldnt be working with Sony. They don’t need to go near Xbox, or PC
Thy have lost their way.

• sad
Reactions: arvfab and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Thy have lost their way.
Hopefully it picks up. Fingers crossed the next CEO is on the ball and understands PS is a powerful brand and Sony’s most powerful atm.
But it all depends on the people in Sony and not so much PS I guess.

Im sure they are doing fine, great even but after the PS4 gen they could of done more with it all. And next year they will be dealing with the Switch 2

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I hope she is wearing socks in those shoes, and they look a bit dirty looking to me.

I know that can be a turn-on for "Sniffers like @PropellerEar and @rofif", but it's not to me.

split depth GIF
dude I just got new skechers slip-ins.
I don't have to bend ever again. It's the best thing in my life.
So her feet are the only ones I will sniff 🥸

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Doesn't matter if it's an indie game, AA, non-GaaS AAA or GaaS AAA: the game won't be successful if the target user, the player of that niche/genre/game type doesn't like it enough.

It's an interesting point because yes ostensibly quality matters and yes you have to satisfy your consoomers but what happens when your consoomers prefer slop

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's an interesting point because yes ostensibly quality matters and yes you have to satisfy your consoomers but what happens when your consoomers prefer slop
Then for this case a good game should be slop, because it's what these players like / what works with them.

Some of them may say -and sometimes think- slop stinks and that they prefer stuff that smells like roses, but at the end they always play slop.

Publishers and devs may hear this and make a game that smells like roses, but later figure out nobody buys it and see that what it works instead is slop. So they end doing slop.

I mean, notice that same people complaining about AAA being creatively bankrupt are the same ones who don't buy a single creative indie game, or that say that the Quantic Dream/ND games aren't games, etc.

Or all that people who now say Sony is evil because of what they did with Japan Studio (or being more specific Team Ico games or Gravity Rush) are the same people who never bought their games, or almost none of them. Or same goes with Tango/Hi-Fi Rush: now everybody is supposed to be a big fan but nobody bough their stuff and this is why they shut it down.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I mean, notice that same people complaining about AAA being creatively bankrupt are the same ones who don't buy a single creative indie game, or that say that the Quantic Dream/ND games aren't games, etc.

I don't really follow what people on forums buy, but I absolutely think AAA is creatively bankrupt and I'm happy to spend money on good indie games because that's where the fun is nowadays I find. Better games at a better price what's not to like.