all of this headache because of Steam users will only push Sony to release their games exclusevly on their upcoming launcher

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Gabe won't control Valve forever... you can never say never...

Valve has a completely different structure compared to Sony (flat hierarchy). And they value creative freedom and IP ownership above all else.

Based on your high amount of PC related threads on this forum, you clearly have no clue about PC gaming.

Not only is Valve private, but also self-funded, meaning they don't take money from anyone outside the company in fear that they will lose any bit of creative freedom.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Bro, no one is buying Valve. Just pray and hope that Sony doesn't pull an Xbox in a few years instead of wanting it to buy a giant like Valve.
Someone is buying Valve eventually, extremely unlikely to be Sony thougth.

Once Gabe is gone from Valve odds are most people there will want to cash out. MS, Amazon, Google or Meta will show up with an unholy amount of money to acquire them.

enpleinjour

Icon Extra
24 Mar 2023
Valve has a completely different structure compared to Sony (flat hierarchy). And they value creative freedom and IP ownership above all else.

Based on your high amount of PC related threads on this forum, you clearly have no clue about PC gaming.

Not only is Valve private, but also self-funded, meaning they don't take money from anyone outside the company in fear that they will lose any bit of creative freedom.

Fr Valve is private & now that they have Xbox & PS games they have zero reasons to sell since there platform offer more games, more exclusive pc games & is the defacto storefront in PC.

You guys do understand that Valve is controlled by Gabe (last known to have 50%+ of shares) and that Gabe is not going to be there forever.
Valve going public or being bought out will depend on future management. There's simply no guarantee.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

Once Gabe is gone from Valve odds are most people there will want to cash out. MS, Amazon, Google or Meta will show up with an unholy amount of money to acquire them.
i can see Sony eyeing them for an acquisition, if you look at their acquisitions in the past, it's pretty clear they like to control platforms and turn stuff into a definitive space, look at anime with Crunchryoll and Funimation, look at competitive gaming with EVO and Repeat.gg and then the creation of PlayStation Tournaments, look at Audeze and how they control Planar Magnetic Headphones today and integrated them into Sony headphones, Sony owns all of it, they would be the first in line to purchase Valve, and because they're small compared to MS, Amazon, Google regulators would be way more pro Sony acquiring them than any other big tech company, and if they end up buying them, they'll turn it into PlayStation PC completely, the Steam brand would be completely dissolved, Steam Deck would be PSP for desperaton of @Yuniac and other Valve fanboys

• brain
Reactions: alphachino
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony's acquisition history the past few years:

- Crunchyroll and Funimation: to create the definitive Anime distribuition service (now Crunchyroll)
- EVO and Repeat.gg: to create and have a percentage of control in eSports, the definitive PlayStation competitive event platform (PlayStation Tournaments)
- Audeze: to create and control Planar Magnetic Drivers on headphones and include them into PlayStation products
- iSIZE: to create and control one of the best video processing companies to enchance PlayStation Cloud

with their acquisition history of acquiring platforms already stablished in gaming like EVO for example you can't sit here and say to me they would not buy Valve if they had the chance, specially with the idea that they already said they want to expand to PC and Mobile, they would absolutely love to control PC sales and get the 30% cuts on third party games and the biggest store there is Valve, they would literally have the biggest storefront on a Microsoft operating system (Windows)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
People talking about buying Valve, look at how much money Epic games and countless other publishers already wasted trying to compete with Steam, when the option to buy it inevitably becomes available their Value is going to be crazy.

Sony's acquisition history the past few years:

- Crunchyroll and Funimation: to create the definitive Anime distribuition service (now Crunchyroll)
- EVO and Repeat.gg: to create and have a percentage of control in eSports, the definitive PlayStation competitive event platform (PlayStation Tournaments)
- Audeze: to create and control Planar Magnetic Drivers on headphones and include them into PlayStation products
- iSIZE: to create and control one of the best video processing companies to enchance PlayStation Cloud

with their acquisition history of acquiring platforms already stablished in gaming like EVO for example you can't sit here and say to me they would not buy Valve if they had the chance, specially with the idea that they already said they want to expand to PC and Mobile, they would absolutely love to control PC sales and get the 30% cuts on third party games and the biggest store there is Valve, they would literally have the biggest storefront on a Microsoft operating system (Windows)
How is the Crunchyroll and Funimation acquistion going by the way? I don't follow anime.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024

Someone is buying everyone eventually.

Yes, Gaben won't live forever, no one does. But I hope whoever takes over is similar-minded to him and doesn't change anything. I have my trust that Gaben would choose the right people to succeed him. But if the unthinkable happens and they fuck it up after him, then that's that.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Someone is buying everyone eventually.

Yes, Gaben won't live forever, no one does. But I hope whoever takes over is similar-minded to him and doesn't change anything. I have my trust that Gaben would choose the right people to succeed him. But if the unthinkable happens and they fuck it up after him, then that's that.
The history of companies going public or being acquired by other suggests there is close to no chance that Valve won't end up in the hands of people that will abuse their position and turn Steam into shit.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
People talking about buying Valve, look at how much money Epic games and countless other publishers already wasted trying to compete with Steam, when the option to buy it inevitably becomes available their Value is going to be crazy.

How is the Crunchyroll and Funimation acquistion going by the way? I don't follow anime.
It was completed a while ago. Recently Sony decided to fold Funimation into Crunchyroll which caused a bit of a backlash because at first they were just going to take away the digital licenses of the anime that people had purchased on Funimation, then after some online anger there was some indications that they would allow people to contact the customer support and have their licenses transferred over. But I stopped tracking it after that.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
look at this shit, these are the ones calling playstation fans toxic
GMrwWd3WAAA-9yW
fat guy eating GIF

The poster, thinking he is funny.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It was completed a while ago. Recently Sony decided to fold Funimation into Crunchyroll which caused a bit of a backlash because at first they were just going to take away the digital licenses of the anime that people had purchased on Funimation, then after some online anger there was some indications that they would allow people to contact the customer support and have their licenses transferred over. But I stopped tracking it after that.

We also lost Animelab which was exclusive to Australia, there was a lot of exclusive anime on there that even to this day still haven't made it over to Crunchyroll