Circana - Spider-Man 2 is October 2023 Top 20 Best-Selling Premium Games - U.S. (Dollar Sales, Excludes add-on content)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Bad for all. I would love to see them all thrive and stay alive. Holidays are coming, so I am sure they will all do well again!
I'd rather Xbox dies of death, considering how toxic that division and their fans are for gaming.

PlayStation decline COULD be due to supply, since they were trying to get rid of the old system... just a theory.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Here comes the slim! 🥳🪩

I'll be curious to see the effect. If they are up on last year, then all is well.

But they have to hit massive sales numbers to hit their targets this year. I think 8-9 million this quarter globally. So USA would have to be 3-4 of that.

It's gonna be challenging.

solidsnake_1

17 Oct 2023
We are reaching the point where the market split will preclude Xbox exclusives from cracking the top 10, and possibly the top 20 after this holiday season.

When your competition has 80% of the user pool, you simply cannot sell enough copies to chart, even if you get an attach ratio of 1:1.
but forza is on pc too . XBOX + PC has much larger player base than ps5 alone .

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
PlayStation decline COULD be due to supply, since they were trying to get rid of the old system... just a theory.
According to anecdotal reports from retail, shipments of PS5 dropped in the summer. Clearly they were shifting production to the mark II hardware, and a lot of retailers ran out of stock before the new revision launched.

Expect a big surge for November, possibly beyond the normal Black Friday bump.

solidsnake_1

17 Oct 2023
Explain to us how selling a copy of a game on PC counts as a sale of an Xbox copy of the game, if you would.

Also, NEVER put a space in front of a punctuation mark.
circana includes steam sales too . Forza sales include xbox+pc copies and it's no.17

Reactions: Diah

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Saw a lot of people throwing around the idea that Starfield sold better than Spider-man 2.... love having the facts arrive to cleanse the internet of these assumptions and sometimes lies.
It is reaching Baghdad Bob levels of insanely hilarious, grossly inaccurate propaganda coming from the Bots and their press representatives over the course of this year.

I love that the hard numbers came out in court in something the games press can't ignore like they did the Epic v Apple suit.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Awesome month for Spider-Man! Already number 4 for the year in 10 days and it's only on 1 platform 😲

Double digit down for PS5 makes sense because the normal was discontinued like in the Famitsu thread.

Starfield dropped to number 14, Xbox double digits down, Forza number 17 😬

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Star Trek Ok GIF by PlayStation
Fail The Office GIF by PlayStation

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
😂😂😂😂 I was wrong in thinking that FF16 would've surpassed Dead Island by now, and @ethomaz was wrong in thinking that FF16 wouldn't be in the top 20 at all anymore.
Dead Island 2 is surprisingly selling very good on PS5. It's always high when I look at the best-selling list. That game has legs for some reason.

The gap between Wonder and SM2 is huge.