Dan Houser’s (Rockstar Co-founder) new studio Absurd Ventures working on “open world action adventure”

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The Santa-Monica, California-based studio is currently recruiting for seven game development roles, including a lead gameplay designer.

“Become the primary vision holder and hands-on contributor for character, controls, and camera design in an open world action-adventure game,” reads the job listing in question.

Having co-founded Rockstar in 1998, Houser left in early 2020 before announcing Absurd Ventures last year.

Launching in 2024, its first two “universes” are American Caper, which will begin life as a graphic novel, and A Better Paradise, which is an audio fiction series.

It emerged in November that Rockstar veterans Lazlow Jones and Michael Unsworth were working alongside Houser at Absurd.

As co-chair of Rockstar’s production department, Jones was previously responsible for in-game creative audio and video content, while former Red Dead Redemption series writer Unsworth worked on virtually all of Rockstar’s major releases during 16 years at the company.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wonder as a co founder, how much money did he make to now fund his new project. Considering how much the GTA series made, Im interested to see if the co found of GTA can create something to rival it now

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
If we could get a SP focused open world GTA quality game with the OG satire - I woud be there day 1. Wishing his company the best of luck!

Reactions: toadsage44

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Is this the game where you can become any object or is that Leslie's game?

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
This is Leslie's game ("Everywhere"):

I had to do a double take on the topic/topic title, because I got mixed up with Leslie and Dan, thinking (originally) "Leslie opened ANOTHER studio!???".

• brain
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
This is Leslie's game ("Everywhere"):

I had to do a double take on the topic/topic title, because I got mixed up with Leslie and Dan, thinking (originally) "Leslie opened ANOTHER studio!???".
Definitely has potential.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022