Fallout reached 65 million viewers in 16 days

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I dont believe it but a girl i work with mentioned watching it so who knows.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The only video game adaptation that fumbled and didn't lead to a big increase in quartely sales was the Halo show.
Everybody else, from Witcher/CP2077/TLoU and now Fallout benefited heavily from what is essentially a very big marketing push.

Kinda funny that the biggest marketing reach a game can have nowadays is to do a TV show.
Although it does makes sense, because while there's audience overlap, you can reach people who heard about the game(s) but never bothered to actually spend the cash on them.

Amazon also says the show is its most-watched ever among adults 18-34, with 60% of the show’s audience coming from outside the United States.

Gamers do be gaming, but also that's a pretty good stat to have because it means that a decent amount of younger adults are probably playing the Fallout games for the first time. That 18-24~ part of the 18-34 of that demographic I mean.

I dont believe it but a girl i work with mentioned watching it so who knows.

The Fallout games got a biggest boost than TW3 on Steam in terms of CCU count, especially if you add more than 1 game.
In the second week Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 were both in the Top 10 in the global week for cheap.
This is without talking about the Amazon Prime deal that only worked with the MS store version of Fallout 4/76 and Gamepass.

This was hugely successful for all parties involved.

The only problem on the gaming side is thatwith all this renewed attention and new people joining the IP is that there's no planned release of Fallout 5 in a very very long time. That's some pretty anti-synergy strategy if I ever seen one.